Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Mock of the Off Season
(01-23-2018, 09:01 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Things I would change is while I don't think Edmunds will be there edmunds if he's there over Smith. I want nothing to do with smith. And hell no to Hernandez pulling. He's not a pulling guard. He's a lay u on ur ass guard at 340 pounds.

(12-16-2017, 08:01 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Pick 7 tb(19 third Dre k Jordan Willis) raquan Smith lb Georgia

You don't want anything to do with Smith except when you had the bright idea to trade a 2019 3rd round pick, Kirkpatrick, and Willis for the #7 overall pick and the selected him? The guy you claimed is the next Lavonte David.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 10:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You don't want anything to do with Smith except when you had the bright idea to trade a 2019 3rd round pick, Kirkpatrick, and Willis for the #7 overall pick and the selected him? The guy you claimed is the next Lavonte David.

Agreed. Smith might lack ideal size, but he is one of the most complete linebackers you will watch in college in a long time. Speed, technically sound, wraps when he tackles, plays side to side while flying all over the field, and what I like about him most is his play recognition. The kid diagnoses plays really early and has the speed and natural talent to blow the plays up. I like Edwards too(I think that is Lavonte David 2.0 actually) but Smith reminds me of a faster Navarro Bowman(49'ers days) type player. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 01:11 PM)dr1441 Wrote: Agreed. Smith might lack ideal size, but he is one of the most complete linebackers you will watch in college in a long time. Speed, technically sound, wraps when he tackles, plays side to side while flying all over the field, and what I like about him most is his play recognition. The kid diagnoses plays really early and has the speed and natural talent to blow the plays up. I like Edwards too(I think that is Lavonte David 2.0 actually) but Smith reminds me of a faster Navarro Bowman(49'ers days) type player. 

I like the Roquan Smith/Bowman comp. Edmunds and David is a different take. He's more like McKinney of the Texans to me. Either one would be most welcome, assuming we address tackle at some point.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 09:22 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Don't think Hernandez is there anywhere near our pick in rd2.

I did this before the senior bowl shining he put on. It is probably a stretch for him to be there in the 2nd now, I'd agree. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 12:08 AM)TGISunday Wrote: I like the Roquan Smith/Bowman comp. Edmunds and David is a different take. He's more like McKinney of the Texans to me. Either one would be most welcome, assuming we address tackle at some point.

I can somewhat see McKinnley but his big knack coming out was what he would run. They already know Edmunds is fast. And he is 19 years old. He is going to be exceptional in 2-3 years. But if you select Edmunds, you just have to know that if he hits his potential, that 2nd contract is going to be a doozy because he will still be so young. And we all know how well the Bengals resign their own talent.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
This is from 1/25/18:

(01-25-2018, 09:22 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Don't think Hernandez is there anywhere near our pick in rd2.

This is your mock from yesterday:

(02-09-2018, 04:00 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Rd1: Vita vea dt washington

Rd2: will Hernandez g utep

Rd3: James Daniels c iowa

Rd3 comp: jamarco Jones ot osu

Rd4: Alex cappa ot Humboldt state

Rd5: Jerome Baker lb osu

Rd5 comp:kameron Kelly db San Diego State

Rd6: shaqueem Griffin lb ucf

Rd7: fillers.

Great commentary as usual.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 07:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is from 1/25/18:

This is your mock from yesterday:

Great commentary as usual.

Apparently u decide to comment without reading the comments. I don't think he will be, but most people still have a late 1sr round grade on him. It's possible he will be there but not plausible.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 12:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Apparently u decide to comment without reading the comments. I don't think he will be, but most people still have a late 1sr round grade on him. It's possible he will be there but not plausible.

If you don't think he will be available when the Bengals pick in the 2nd round, why did you stick him in your mock draft in the 2nd round YESTERDAY?
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 01:03 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you don't think he will be available when the Bengals pick in the 2nd round, why did you stick him in your mock draft in the 2nd round YESTERDAY?

Bc most ppl believe that. It's not hard to understand. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 02:22 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Bc most ppl believe that. It's not hard to understand. 

Most people, huh?  Who told others to stop listening to the talking heads?

(12-26-2017, 02:14 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Stop just going off of what the talking heads say and form ur own opinions, with your own eyes.

You.

What did you claim most people believed?

(12-26-2017, 02:14 AM)Jpoore Wrote: And there are more and .ore scouts who have Hernandez better than Nelson. And that will continue and continue. 

Just going to "continue and continue." And what's your opinion?

(12-26-2017, 02:14 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If he went to say OSU he's a top 5 lock.

And do you think he will be there in the second round based upon your own advice?

No. Not anywhere near our 2nd round pick

So, who did you mock to the Bengals in the 2nd round yesterday?

(02-09-2018, 04:00 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Rd2: will Hernandez g utep

It's that same Top 5 lock you said wouldn't be there.

What does Jpoore think of people who just listen to the talking heads instead of watching tape and forming their own opinions?

(12-26-2017, 02:14 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No disrespect but U just lost all credibility
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 08:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Most people, huh?  Who told others to stop listening to the talking heads?

You.

What did you claim most people believed?

Just going to "continue and continue." And what's your opinion?

And do you think he will be there in the second round based upon your own advice?

No. Not anywhere near our 2nd round pick

So, who did you mock to the Bengals in the 2nd round yesterday?

It's that same Top 5 lock you said wouldn't be there.

What does Jpoore think of people who just listen to the talking heads instead of watching tape and forming their own opinions?

I have my own opinion. I have watched the tape. I don't just listen to the talking heads. I have beeen on the hernandez hype train longer than anyone.But if the talking heads talk to GM's and quote gms who say that he's gonna bee a second round pick, then I'll take that into consideration. That along with the needs of teams in the late round 1.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 05:05 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I have my own opinion. I have watched the tape. I don't just listen to the talking heads. I have beeen on the hernandez hype train longer than anyone.But if the talking heads talk to GM's and quote gms who say that he's gonna bee a second round pick, then I'll take that into consideration. That along with the needs of teams in the late round 1.

So your point is when you mocked Hernandez to the Bengals in the 2nd round you were taking into account where he would be drafted. And when you wrote he wouldn't be available when the Bengals pick in the 2nd round, because he would already be drafted by another team, you weren't taking into account where he would be drafted.

That makes as much sense as the rest of your double talk, contradictions, and back pedaling.
Reply/Quote
Here's mine:

1) Derwin James- Safety- I think he's the game changer we need to elevate our Defense

2) James Daniels- Center- I think he will be a solid player

2) (From McCarron)  Orlando Brown-Tackle- he should be a solid RT for years

3) Mason Rudolph-QB- need to look for Dalton replacement

3) Mike Gsiecki-TE- need a #2 behind Kroft

4) Jerome Baker-LB- need to address, but I think we upgrade in FA here.

5) Daniel Carlson-K- need a big leg

5comp- 7, I would use to trade up to get specific players as I don't see more than 7 draft picks making the team.

7) DT or RB that might be a hidden gem
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 11:39 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So your point is when you mocked Hernandez to the Bengals in the 2nd round you were taking into account where he would be drafted. And when you wrote he wouldn't be available when the Bengals pick in the 2nd round, because he would already be drafted by another team, you weren't taking into account where he would be drafted.

That makes as much sense as the rest of your double talk, contradictions, and back pedaling.
No before I was taking into account what scouts said as the senior bowl(top 15 pick) but that was just hype talk imo. Think he has the talent of mid rd1, but he'll go round 2.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 02:52 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: Here's mine:

1) Derwin James- Safety- I think he's the game changer we need to elevate our Defense

2) James Daniels- Center- I think he will be a solid player

2) (From McCarron)  Orlando Brown-Tackle- he should be a solid RT for years

3) Mason Rudolph-QB- need to look for Dalton replacement

3) Mike Gsiecki-TE- need a #2 behind Kroft

4) Jerome Baker-LB- need to address, but I think we upgrade in FA here.

5) Daniel Carlson-K- need a big leg

5comp- 7, I would use to trade up to get specific players as I don't see more than 7 draft picks making the team.

7) DT or RB that might be a hidden gem
Might change ur mind. Bout to post my scouting report on brown .it's not good.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 05:42 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No before I was taking into account what scouts said

Again listening to the talking heads despite telling others here to form their own opinions=contradiction #1

Quote:as the senior bowl(top 15 pick) but that was just hype talk imo.

(12-26-2017, 02:14 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If he went to say OSU he's a top 5 lock.

If top 15 is hype, what is top 5 lock? What's the word for more hype than hype? I don't even know.

Claiming he is a top 5 lock then claiming he is a mid-first round talent=contradiction#2

Quote:Think he has the talent of mid rd1, but he'll go round 2.

Claiming he will go before the Bengals' 2nd round pick then mocking him to the Bengals in the 2nd round=contradiction#3 in only two sentences. How is that even possible?

A player with top 5 talent who many scouts view as better than Nelson which will only "continue and continue" and who dominated the Senior Bowl as the best offensive lineman there usually don't see their draft stock drop from top 15 to top 50. Except in your mock. Doesn't make any sense. Because players who dominate the Senior Bowl usually see their draft stock increase, not decrease.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 12:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Again listening to the talking heads despite telling others here to form their own opinions=contradiction #1

If top 15 is hype, what is top 5 lock?  What's the word for more hype than hype?  I don't even know.

Claiming he is a top 5 lock then claiming he is a mid-first round talent=contradiction#2

Claiming he will go before the Bengals' 2nd round pick then mocking him to the Bengals in the 2nd round=contradiction#3 in only two sentences. How is that even possible?

A player with top 5 talent who many scouts view as better than Nelson which will only "continue and continue" and who dominated the Senior Bowl as the best offensive lineman there usually don't see their draft stock drop from top 15 to top 50. Except in your mock. Doesn't make any sense. Because players who dominate the Senior Bowl usually see their draft stock increase, not decrease.

What do you think of Hernandez? Do you think he's comparable to Nelson? Where do you think he will go in the draft?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 01:41 AM)Synric Wrote: What do you think of Hernandez? Do you think he's comparable to Nelson? Where do you think he will go in the draft?

I should have my scouting report ready in 2-3 days. Barring any big promotion. If I can read my notes.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:44 AM)dr1441 Wrote: I can somewhat see McKinnley but his big knack coming out was what he would run. They already know Edmunds is fast. And he is 19 years old. He is going to be exceptional in 2-3 years. But if you select Edmunds, you just have to know that if he hits his potential, that 2nd contract is going to be a doozy because he will still be so young. And we all know how well the Bengals resign their own talent.  Whatever

Well thought out statement. Good mock Doc!
Reply/Quote