Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reuben Foster Arrested
I wanted to throw this here as a reminder as we enter the draft process that there are more to guys than on the field play. The whole issue with getting sent home last year from the combine is sure seeming more like common behavior rather than an isolated incident. Also his diluted sample wasn't a one off as he got popped in January fro pot while back at Bama.

As much as I wanted this guy last year, it seems like we made the right call passing on him.
Reply/Quote
It's why he wasnt my lb1
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 03:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I wanted to throw this here as a reminder as we enter the draft process that there are more to guys than on the field play. The whole issue with getting sent home last year from the combine is sure seeming more like common behavior rather than an isolated incident. Also his diluted sample wasn't a one off as he got popped in January fro pot while back at Bama.

As much as I wanted this guy last year, it seems like we made the right call passing on him.

I didn't trust Foster after the whole Combine ordeal anyway. I was glad the Bengals went offense first. Ross was actually my second choice behind only OJ Howard.
Besides, Roquan Smith this year is a near identical type of player but better than Foster IMO. Add in Edmunds who has that freak size and even higher potential but a little more raw and I think both could be better than Foster.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yea i dont mind taking character risks. Almost never in round 1 though.

That is where us armchair scouts are at a disadvantage to real scouts. Digging in to character.
Reply/Quote
Just a reminder that Marvin Lewis wanted Reuben Foster over John Ross.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 06:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't trust Foster after the whole Combine ordeal anyway. I was glad the Bengals went offense first. Ross was actually my second choice behind only OJ Howard.
Besides, Roquan Smith this year is a near identical type of player but better than Foster IMO. Add in Edmunds who has that freak size and even higher potential but a little more raw and I think both could be better than Foster.

I wanted Howard too. I thought maybe they'd go Allen when he was there.

(02-12-2018, 11:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Just a reminder that Marvin Lewis wanted Reuben Foster over John Ross.

They sure can pick em!
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 11:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Just a reminder that Marvin Lewis wanted Reuben Foster over John Ross.

Hell, looks like he may have had a point. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 03:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It's why he wasnt my lb1

(04-09-2017, 07:19 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Did u not hear how all of our lbs were comparing vigil to luke kuechly? And if it was laughed at then those people are idiots and know nothing about football. Hell his lb teamate was picked with the next pick. He looked elite in limited action and will be a pro bowler/ elite starter for many years. Our dline on the other hand needs to get younger across the board. Our wrs need to get younger. We did with boyd, but lafell is already 30 and green will be 30 next year. Our cbs literally are completwly unknowns outside of dre k. Pacman is old as dirt. To me vigil is going to be the next luke kuechley and te will not be a problem on defense anymore.

Who needs Reuben Foster when the Bengals already have the next Luke Kuechly?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 01:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who needs Reuben Foster when the Bengals already have the next Luke Kuechly?

Every  LB Marvin drafts turns into a stud. 

I mean hell. He is the LB whisperer. Without him Ray Lewis would have sucked. 

His many years here. Who is the best LB Marvin has drafted that went on to have a good Bengal career? Maualuga. ? 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 01:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Every  LB Marvin drafts turns into a stud. 

I mean hell. He is the LB whisperer. Without him Ray Lewis would have sucked. 

His many years here. Who is the best LB Marvin has drafted that went on to have a good Bengal career? Maualuga. ? 

Amen. Marvin has to be the worst LB coach in the league. Could name 10 examples but I’ll just say it was nice to see Flowers for Patriots turn into a decent player with some good coaching.

With that in mind although Edmunds has higher ceiling than Roquan, I dont trust Marvin to coach Edmunds up. Not at all.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 01:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who needs Reuben Foster when the Bengals already have the next Luke Kuechly?

And I've been consistent. Takes 2 years to acclimate to NFL from not top schools... Think this will be his breakout year, but I said that last year. If he dose t breakout .this year, time to move on.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 02:15 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Amen. Marvin has to be the worst LB coach in the league. Could name 10 examples but I’ll just say it was nice to see Flowers for Patriots turn into a decent player with some good coaching.

With that in mind although Edmunds has higher ceiling than Roquan, I dont trust Marvin to coach Edmunds up. Not at all.

That's fine...

But he's not a LB coach; he's a Head Coach.

And **** Flowers; deserves to eat shit, after he gets cut this offseason.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 02:15 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Amen. Marvin has to be the worst LB coach in the league. Could name 10 examples but I’ll just say it was nice to see Flowers for Patriots turn into a decent player with some good coaching.

Marvin doesn't coach anyone, he watches his assistants do it. Haslett is the latest shmoe to get a crack at it, but I'm not all that confident in his abilities either.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 01:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Marvin doesn't coach anyone, he watches his assistants do it. Haslett is the latest shmoe to get a crack at it, but I'm not all that confident in his abilities either.

I hate to defend Marvin ever, but is it the responsibility of the head coach to coach a specific position group? That should fall on the position coach or DC before it falls on Marvin.

To me, it's the equivalent of a director of software development being expected to coach up the QA team directly because he/she used to be a tester and then QA manager.
The director should direct the actual QA manager to improve their team, not have the director expected to do it him/herself.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 11:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, looks like he may have had a point. 

I mean. Foster is a great football player.

He's just a terrible human being and has proven it time and time again.

But hey, since we already drafted someone who broke a woman's jaw, might as well draft someone who had multiple red flags before the draft. I mean, all that's happened since then is he has been arrested twice in under a month, one for domestic violence. Along with the possession of an assault weapon.

Marvin sure can pick them Mellow
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 04:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I hate to defend Marvin ever, but is it the responsibility of the head coach to coach a specific position group? That should fall on the position coach or DC before it falls on Marvin.

To me, it's the equivalent of a director of software development being expected to coach up the QA team directly because he/she used to be a tester and then QA manager.
The director should direct the actual QA manager to improve their team, not have the director expected to do it him/herself.

Kind of what I was getting at. Marvin isn't hands on anymore.
Reply/Quote