Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First PC build
I recently just built my first PC. It was surprisingly easy. The only trouble I had was connecting the cpu power connectors since my hands are a little big to fit in.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Asrock B550 Pro4
Ram: Corsair vengeance 3200 2x8gb
GPU: EVGA 2060 KO Ultra
Storage: Crucial P1 M.2 nvme 1tb
PSU: EVGA 700w
Casr: Fractal Focus G

Any other PC builders out there? I'm curious to see more builds.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Where is the slot for the floppy disc?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 03:16 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I recently just built my first PC. It was surprisingly easy. The only trouble I had was connecting the cpu power connectors since my hands are a little big to fit in.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Asrock B550 Pro4
Ram: Corsair vengeance 3200 2x8gb
GPU: EVGA 2060 KO Ultra
Storage: Crucial P1 M.2 nvme 1tb
PSU: EVGA 700w
Casr: Fractal Focus G

Any other PC builders out there? I'm curious to see more builds.

Looks similar to my son's build out.

Me, I'm like Fred. I haven't put one together since 256mb was a HUGE hard drive...LOL!

BTW - My son tells me that that is a very solid build out.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 10:36 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Looks similar to my son's build out.

Me, I'm like Fred. I haven't put one together since 256mb was a HUGE hard drive...LOL!

BTW - My son tells me that that is a very solid build out.

Yeah its a good midrange build. There are some ridiculously expensive parts that I would've loved go for that cost more than my entire pc lol. When I first started being aware of the tech industry, probably around 2000/2001) 10GB was a massive consumer grade hard drive. Its crazy how fast technology advances.
Reply/Quote
I know Fred is joking, but seriously, if I ever build a PC, it would have:

- DVD/Optical drive/burner
- Floppy disk drive (A:)
- minimum of 5 USB ports
- VGA and HD (or higher) ports

Plus as high specs as you can get; if I spend a shit-ton on a computer and will use it for a very long time afterwards, I want to be able to play every game I have ever owned/currently own, on any form of media and not be bogged down by hardware limitations/missing hardware.

Just purchased a refurb Laptop with really good specs a month a bit ago; was expecting it to be fairly new, but the body is from a 2011 laptop and that means... Optical Drive! Big Grin Works like a charm too :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 01:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know Fred is joking, but seriously, if I ever build a PC, it would have:

- DVD/Optical drive/burner
- Floppy disk drive (A:)
- minimum of 5 USB ports
- VGA and HD (or higher) ports

Plus as high specs as you can get; if I spend a shit-ton on a computer and will use it for a very long time afterwards, I want to be able to play every game I have ever owned/currently own, on any form of media and not be bogged down by hardware limitations/missing hardware.

Just purchased a refurb Laptop with really good specs a month a bit ago; was expecting it to be fairly new, but the body is from a 2011 laptop and that means... Optical Drive! Big Grin Works like a charm 
I'm not sure modern motherboards have the header for you to connect a floppy. There are usb floppy drives out there.  I might end up getting a blu ray drive. My monitor is better than my TV so they'd look very good on there. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 05:02 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I'm not sure modern motherboards have the header for you to connect a floppy. There are usb floppy drives out there.  I might end up getting a blu ray drive. My monitor is better than my TV so they'd look very good on there. 

Didn't think of that and while I'm sure there's a convertor of some sort, I'm not sure it would neatly fit in a tower Sad
Technology marches on!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote