Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First PFF draft
First attempt at a mock this year.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
There's bad trades, and then there's trading 2 first round picks and a 2nd round pick to move up 4 slots. I don't know what voodoo you used on the Denver GM to get that deal done, but it's so unrealistic it's hard to even consider the draft after that haha.

But if we pretend they didn't throw in the two first round picks and only traded you their #9 and #41, then I think that's more reasonable and, in that context, I think getting Slater +#41 is really good value for our #5 pick.

I'm not really sure why you took Collins other than maybe a BPA situation. He's obviously a great prospect, but I think we need to be looking at WRs, CBs and Edge rushers as well as maybe a guard in the 2nd round if we fill OT in the first. Taking a LB seems like a super luxury pick at that point. Drafting for need is obviously not ideal, but I think there can be a good balance between selecting for need and selecting for BPA.

Taking a second CB before you take an edge rusher is also a bit sus, but good value at both picks regardless. If we don't re-sign WJIII or Alexander, our CB depth is abysmal, so it'll depend heavily on free agency whether 2 CBs in the top 4 rounds is a good idea or not.

I love Humphrey in the 3rd, especially since he could compete with Price to start at center to start the year and then, when Hopkins is healthy, he could slide over to guard if Hopkins is still considered the better choice for center. His versatility in that respect is really nice given our situation.

It's hard to really talk about the impact of the 5th to 7th round, since those players don't often contribute in their first year, but I do think we need to get a kicker in this draft late in the draft, especially since 7th round QBs are so rarely worth anything in the NFL. Line depth late in the draft is never a bad thing, obviously.

Overall, I don't hate it. I'd have to see who was available at each pick to properly judge the choices, but Collins, Wade and a lack of a kicker or edge rusher are my biggest question marks for this mock.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 05:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There's bad trades, and then there's trading 2 first round picks and a 2nd round pick to move up 4 slots. I don't know what voodoo you used on the Denver GM to get that deal done, but it's so unrealistic it's hard to even consider the draft after that haha.

But if we pretend they didn't throw in the two first round picks and only traded you their #9 and #41, then I think that's more reasonable and, in that context, I think getting Slater +#41 is really good value for our #5 pick.

I'm not really sure why you took Collins other than maybe a BPA situation. He's obviously a great prospect, but I think we need to be looking at WRs, CBs and Edge rushers as well as maybe a guard in the 2nd round if we fill OT in the first. Taking a LB seems like a super luxury pick at that point. Drafting for need is obviously not ideal, but I think there can be a good balance between selecting for need and selecting for BPA.

Taking a second CB before you take an edge rusher is also a bit sus, but good value at both picks regardless. If we don't re-sign WJIII or Alexander, our CB depth is abysmal, so it'll depend heavily on free agency whether 2 CBs in the top 4 rounds is a good idea or not.

I love Humphrey in the 3rd, especially since he could compete with Price to start at center to start the year and then, when Hopkins is healthy, he could slide over to guard if Hopkins is still considered the better choice for center. His versatility in that respect is really nice given our situation.

It's hard to really talk about the impact of the 5th to 7th round, since those players don't often contribute in their first year, but I do think we need to get a kicker in this draft late in the draft, especially since 7th round QBs are so rarely worth anything in the NFL. Line depth late in the draft is never a bad thing, obviously.

Overall, I don't hate it. I'd have to see who was available at each pick to properly judge the choices, but Collins, Wade and a lack of a kicker or edge rusher are my biggest question marks for this mock.

If both WJ3 and Alexander walk in FA, I think Campbell and Wade are good replacements for them, respectively.
Campbell outside, Wade in slot.

I agree with you that CB is a huge need based on how FA goes. Same can be said for edge if they don't keep Lawson. If they do keep Lawson, I think they can get by with a 3rd rounder as a rotational piece.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Have to pass on this. Not a big fan of Slater at all. Humphrey in 3 is a steal, but we have 3 non-PS WR's under contract for next year and don't draft a single one in this. Also, a stack LB in 2 after spending 3 picks on a position group where you typically only field 2. Steep learning curves at T, stack LB, and C mean this draft probably doesn't do much to help us next year. No edge rusher is also a disappointment.
Reply/Quote
Need a pass rush. Waited far too long to add to the D-line IMO.
Reply/Quote