Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First PFN Simulation '24
While I prefer Mock Draft Database Simulator I took my first shot at the Pro Football Network Simulator to see what the Bengals could potentially come up with and it turned out pretty well I believe.

Reply/Quote
I was targeting Taliese Fuaga at 18. Still on the board when the Bengals were on the clock were:

14) J. Newton - DT, 18) C. DeJean - CB, and 19) C. Robinson - Edge

With the way the board was aligning I felt relatively confident that I could still land Fuaga when Philly offered to trade selections 22 and 50 for 18 and 80. A bit of a gamble but I felt it was worth the value that made for a nice 2nd round haul.

RD. 1 - 22nd Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdfEG9WK9cH3IRqGbQXHT...g&usqp=CAU]

21) Taliese Fuaga - OT - Oregon State - 6'6" 334

Fuaga is a specimen at RT for sure and while being such a massive man he shows elite explosiveness off of the snap to add to elite ability to make blocks at the second level. As to be expected with his size he has shown to have elite anchor ability and strength. Fuaga is a very experienced OT who should solidify the RT tackle position for many years and adds the complimentary bookend for Brown Jr.

Still on the board with this selection: 14) J. Newton - DT, 19) C. Robinson - Edge
Reply/Quote
RD. 2 - 49th Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTecLd0rNcUShg2tLifzFN...g&usqp=CAU]

44) T'Vondre Sweat - DT - Texas - 6'4" 346

Everyone, I am reasonably certain, would like to DJ Reader re-signed as would I. If Reader is back this is an great value selection to give him relief at the NT position and if he is not back it is an even better value selection as it gives us a high level young player to start at the position. I would like to see Sweat drop about 15 pounds to increase his mobility but even at his current weight he has shown outstanding movement for a man his size. Sweat brings elite ability to take on double teams and keep other defenders clean to make plays while also showing the ability to defeat double teams and make plays himself. While he is not considered a pass rushing threat he has certainly shown the ability to push the pocket into the face of the QB.

Stopping the run in the AFC North is a must and Sweat absolutely brings this as a strength. Again, I would like to see some weight dropped to improve his movement and stamina which should also give him a bit more explosion off of the snap but overall fits exactly what is needed to compete in the North.

Still on the board with this selection: 40) T. Guyton - OT

RD. 2 - 50th Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsrFfqYGZCuwyukXSyL0-...g&usqp=CAU]

46) Trey Benson - RB - Florida State - 6'1" 223

Benson suffered a horrific knee injury as a true freshman in '20 but has come back to show that he is over that injury and that there are no ill effects of the injury. Benson is on the verge of being a freak with the speed and movement he has shown to go with his size. What really stands out when watching Benson is his elite vision and his acceleration thru the hole. While he may not have elite long speed he has more than enough functional speed to take it to the house. Another ability that stands out on tape is his natural ability in pass protection. For a RB he really squares up rushers and appears to be very willing in a pass protection role.

Has not been used heavily as a receiver but has shown natural hands when he has been give the opportunity. A combination of Benson and Brown make for an elite level backfield for the Bengals and allows them to move on from Mixon who, while being a great teammate, just has not brought the explosiveness needed to scare opposing defenses.

Still on the board with this selection: 40) T. Guyton - OT, 45) S. Van Pran - C
Reply/Quote
RD. 4 - 111th Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwhzo8QJcpPYdvV7TZkEd...Q&usqp=CAU]

101) Jamari Thrash - WR - Louisville - 6'1" 185

Thrash does not jump off the board with elite skills and will be 23 years old as a rookie but what the tape of this young man shows is a football player. Thrash while not elite in any one area is really good in most of them that matter. His long speed is not elite but he absolutely can get behind defenders and make them pay. He has shown to be very instinctive and is a natural hand catcher. What he lacks in elite ability he makes up for with superior technique as he is a very good route runner that sells his route disguises to defenders to exploit them. Thrash should be a welcome addition to the WR room and provides yet another weapon for Joey B.

Still on the board with this selection: 96) J. Bell - TE, 98) M. Sainristil - CB

RD. 5 - 142nd Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxO90LfhJg_5fNuJjYLWf...w&usqp=CAU]

135) Dallin Holker - TE - Colorado State - 6'5" 235

By this time most should know that to play TE for the Bengals you must be able to block and that is an aspect of the game that Holker has shown that he understands. To go with his blocking ability Holker has shown very sneaky speed and outstanding hands. Holker needs to work on being able to separate with his route running but while he does not always work to separate he has shown the ability to make the catch in traffic. Holker should be able to add more mass to his frame and keep his athleticism. He should be a really good addition to the TE room that more than likely will return both Hudson and Sample.

Still on the board with this selection: 126) J. Burton - WR
Reply/Quote
RD. 6 - 178th Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPHHkdDq9KNu3GS9na4ZY...A&usqp=CAU]

180) Quinton Newsome - CB - Nebraska - 6'2" 185

Newsome brings good size, length, and speed to the defensive backfield to go along with very good ball skills and physicality. Newsome also brings position versatility, having played both corner and safety when needed for Nebraska. He has shown to be a very willing special teams contributor for the Huskers. His skillset looks to be a good fit for the Bengals DB room and could make early contributions on special teams for Simmons.

Still on the board with this selection: 165) S. Linton - Edge, 172) D. Richardson - S, 174) E. All - TE, 178) X. Thomas - Edge, 179) J. Jordan - RB

RD. 7 - 209th Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-GaLBZy3rz2yLWRn_STc...A&usqp=CAU]

209) Jason Bean - QB - Kansas - 6'3" 190

The athleticism and arm talent jump off the screen when you watch tape of this young QB. What he needs to continue to develop is his decision making, as he can often trust his arm talent too much and forces the ball into coverage. He also needs to continue to develop consistency with is accuracy. What he has in spades is outstanding speed that gives him the ability to punish defenses with his legs. There is much to like with this young QB and the extremely high ceiling makes this kid worth the price of development.
Reply/Quote
I would be very pleased with this draft. I would love to get those guys with the top 2 picks.
The argument would be is it better to get these two or Newton and Guyton? Would be a big risk to not get a RT with one of the first two picks.
Reply/Quote
I appreciate all these mocks being completely incorrect about the eventual placement of Sweat, but he's going to end up low first round, easily. he is an absolute beast, he's charismatic and he's a leader. He'll not be there in the 2nd, guaranteed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love bolstering the trenches in rounds 1 and 2. Fuaga has really won me over. Would be thrilled if he was still available when we pick at 18, even more thrilled if we were somehow able to trade back and still get him. Sweat in Round 2 is a home run. As Stewy mentioned, I would be shocked if he's not already gone at that point. The Outland trophy winner offers better pass rushing ability than most NT's and this is not a deep NT class at all. Benson and Thrash are also solid additions.
Reply/Quote
My Tee insurance, beef the D-line, compliment the RB room, and sign a free agent RT draft.

[Image: cd7b5e453dc76242d07cfb15509fa6b8.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote