Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First-Pick Mock with trade
Made a trade with Detroit at 3. Gave them 1 overall and got their 3rd overall pick along with their second round pick and third round pick. With Stafford Detroit went chase young and Washington took okudah therefor I was still able to get our guy. And then made a trade with Jacksonville and moved back 8 spots and got another 4th and another 5th. Curious to what y’all think cuz I went a lil defense heavy....

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
I don't really see the purpose of a draft that would never happen (Detroit or Washington would immediately trade that pick to Miami so they could take Burrow. No way we get him at 3), but I love Higgins in the 2nd. Davidson is not necessary or even an extreme value at 35, as DT really isn't a need at all for us with Atkins, Glasgow, Reader and Wren on the team already. For LB, Brooks is my least favorite since he is basically worthless against the pass due to his lack of instincts.

The other picks are okay though.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 04:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't really see the purpose of a draft that would never happen (Detroit or Washington would immediately trade that pick to Miami so they could take Burrow. No way we get him at 3), but I love Higgins in the 2nd. Davidson is not necessary or even an extreme value at 35, as DT really isn't a need at all for us with Atkins, Glasgow, Reader and Wren on the team already. For LB, Brooks is my least favorite since he is basically worthless against the pass due to his lack of instincts.

The other picks are okay though.

Disagree ever since ziggy ansah Detroit’s been looking for a premier pass rusher and one of the best in the last 10 years is sitting two spots away from em....technically one. All they need to do is leap frog Washington and they get the best player in the draft. Washington with Haskins isn’t gonna take Burrow and with Washington losing Dunbar they are in the market for okudah or Meckhi Becton.... both of which are very high on New York’s board so if u move back with Miami from two to 5 u will miss out on at least one of those if not both. I don’t see Washington making taking that risk. Which leaves cincy with a boat load of picks and still Burrow at 3.

Also I see Davison as someone who may not make it out the first round so I see a ton of value with him there and also that gives us a replacement for geno in the next year or two. Davidson coming in to relieve geno would be amazing on our dline. Love higgins but would rather have Mims there. Anfernee Jennings comes in looking to play Lawson’s spot with Carl Lawson in a rotation Which would be deadly along with Carlos and Hubbard. I’m not as high on brooks as others may be but I do think he can be a good two down player in the league. Would rather Malik Harrison dye ADG etc that late in the draft. Regardless it still give us a good football player at linebacker which we need. I’d take this haul in. A heart beat.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 10:26 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote:  Washington with Haskins isn’t gonna take Burrow

People said the same thing about Arizona last year. They had just taken Josh Rosen 10th the year before and ended up taking Murray then trading Rosen to MIA.
Washington is in a very similar situation with a brand new HC who may want a different QB. Haskins was "only" taken 15th overall last year, and his rookie year wasn't something to write home about either.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Washington and maybe even Detroit would snap up Burrow in 2 seconds. This is a terrible idea.

Just did 4 different auto mocks and Washington snapped up Burrow every time.

I drafted for Washington and Cincinnati and Burrow dropped to the Phins at 5 every time, so it looks like Detroit would pass but not set in stone.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 10:26 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Disagree ever since ziggy ansah Detroit’s been looking for a premier pass rusher and one of the best in the last 10 years is sitting two spots away from em....technically one.  All they need to do is leap frog Washington and they get the best player in the draft.  Washington with Haskins isn’t gonna take Burrow and with Washington losing Dunbar they are in the market for okudah or Meckhi Becton.... both of which are very high on New York’s board so if u move back with Miami from two to 5 u will miss out on at least one of those if not both.  I don’t see Washington making taking that risk.  Which leaves cincy with a boat load of picks and still Burrow at 3.  

Also I see Davison as someone who may not make it out the first round so I see a ton of value with him there and also that gives us a replacement for geno in the next year or two.  Davidson coming in to relieve geno would be amazing on our dline.  Love higgins but would rather have Mims there.  Anfernee Jennings comes in looking to play Lawson’s spot with Carl Lawson in a rotation Which would be deadly along with Carlos and Hubbard.  I’m not as high on brooks as others may be but I do think he can be a good two down player in the league.  Would rather Malik Harrison dye ADG etc that late in the draft.  Regardless it still give us a good football player at linebacker which we need.  I’d take this haul in. A heart beat.

While that may be true, there's no way they are going to sit at #2 if Burrow is on the board.  Somebody is going to move up and take him.  Washington isn't passing up a boatload of picks to take Okudah or Becton.
Reply/Quote
I think a more realistic scenario if the Bengals trade back to 3 would be taking Tua. He just got a clean prognosis that he's recovered from his 2019 injury and ready to go.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 04:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think a more realistic scenario if the Bengals trade back to 3 would be taking Tua. He just got a clean prognosis that he's recovered from his 2019 injury and ready to go.

I think the bigger question than can he run around okay with nobody even chasing him is what happens the next time he gets hit in that area or what will his next annual injury be.  The numbers for players with injury prone college careers becoming professional players who stop getting repeatedly inured are not good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 05:14 PM)McC Wrote: I think the bigger question than can he run around okay with nobody even chasing him is what happens the next time he gets hit in that area or what will his next annual injury be.  The numbers for players with injury prone college careers becoming professional players who stop getting repeatedly inured are not good.

True, but there's risk with pretty much any QB prospect not named Burrow. The only QB I'd want besides Burrow is Tua, as I don't think any other QB will become a Top 10 QB in the NFL. I think Tua does if he can stay healthy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote