Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Round Bye
Considering how poorly we seem to play after a bye week, is anyone else thinking maybe the Bengals should AVOID a first round bye in the playoffs?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I seriously question whether we want one or not. If we go into the playoffs firing on all cylinders, why have an off week and let that die down? Keep it rolling!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
I hope we get the top seed.  I'm not afraid of no bye week.
Reply/Quote
it doesn't matter how you look at it, a first round bye is what you want. gives the players some rest and after a long second half of the season would probably do a world of good for these guys
Reply/Quote
Home games through the playoffs > a bye week. Shoot. The bye week might help more than it hurts if we have any minor injuries (which will most likely be the case)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think you have to tip your hat to Pissburghs defense. They game planned us well and kept some good pressure coming at Andy. Of course we were shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties, bad snaps, etc. and helping them a lot.

We got behind the chains a ton there in the middle of the game and I think a bunch of it was pressing to hard against our biggest nemesis !

But this team keeps overcoming and I'm not real worried that they can't keep it up !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Home games through the playoffs > a bye week. Shoot. The bye week might help more than it hurts if we have any minor injuries (which will most likely be the case)

Yep it isn't as much about the bye as it is about making people come to your house throughout the playoffs. Because Oh by the way, we are pretty good playing at home over the last several seasons. PBS has quietly become one of the toughest places for opposing teams to play in the league. 

Reply/Quote
,,,,cause we do so well in the playoffs without a bye.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
On one hand, their record after a bye is less than stellar. On the other hand, it's one less game to play.

It's tough.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:15 AM)Big Boss Wrote: On one hand, their record after a bye is less than stellar.  On the other hand, it's one less game to play.

It's tough.

If the goal is to just win a playoff game, I don't know if you want the bye.  However, if the goal is championship or bust, you take the bye.  It's a lot easier to win three straight than four, especially against playoff teams.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Considering how poorly we seem to play after a bye week, is anyone else thinking maybe the Bengals should AVOID a first round bye in the playoffs?

Well......we have avoided it the past 4 years. I say we go for it this year, and test those waters.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
If we go at least 12-4, we're going to the Super Bowl.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Considering how poorly we seem to play after a bye week, is anyone else thinking maybe the Bengals should AVOID a first round bye in the playoffs?

Ask the steelers if they liked playing in first round after finishing on a win streak... hell no. And I do believe we won today maybe we didn't play very well on offense but we played great on defense is not like our whole team played horrible today and we won away in a tough Stadium
Reply/Quote
This year it might take a 14-2 record to get a BYE. Three teams still undefeated this late in the season? That's crazy to think about it.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I mean, the Bengals have lost in the wild card the last 4 years. Maybe they need a week off before the playoffs? Try something new. Who knows. Might be fun to only have to win 1 game to make it to the AFC Championship game.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ,,,,cause we do so well in the playoffs without a bye.

BINGO!
Reply/Quote
I would definitely go for the bye. A week off before the playoffs to rest the players would be huge.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
If you simply play the stats, you're more likely to win a playoff game if you go in with 7 wins than if you get a first round bye. I'm going to start rooting for us to lose 9 in a row but still win the division because, you know...the odds and stuff.

Just kidding. I hope the Bengals go 16-0 and get a first round bye. I realize we are 7-0 but it's funny to see some people responding to our best start in franchise history by devising ways it can hurt us.
Reply/Quote
Having a bye means you don't have to play in the 1st round, playing in the 1st round means you have a chance of losing. I'll take the bye.
Reply/Quote
With the way the Pats and Broncos schedules are, we will almost have to go undefeated to get one of those byes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote