Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Snow Encounters
This story crossed my Twitter feed and I thought I needed to share it.

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2016/01/27/464575862/-snowouttamyelement-global-south-emigres-recall-their-first-flakes

Quote:Last Friday, as the East Coast braced itself for the huge snow storm, we began to wonder how folks from places where it never snows were thinking about the crazy weather.

Quote: "My first husband was from Kuwait. When we married, we moved to Ann Arbor so that he could continue his education.

"He had never seen snow before.

"One night, it was the first snow of the season. The snow was so light, that when the flakes landed on clothing, they melted instantly.

"My husband went outside to walk to the store, when he returned, he said to me: 'Kathy, don't go outside anytime soon, the pollution is so bad, that I can see the individual particles floating in the air.' "

There is more there, just thought it would be a good little chuckle for your day.
Reply/Quote
These are better first snow encounters:

Reply/Quote
My coworker from India was wearing a sweater and the low was 60 degrees that day.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2016, 12:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: These are better first snow encounters:

Almost makes you want to be a snow bank. Bet their nipples could have cut glass after that LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
a friend once told me (he could be lying) told me about a guy that moved here to cincy from the west coast. He had never experienced snow before, and he is tripping on lsd at a friends house, walked outside, in the snow and thought the world was ending
Reply/Quote