Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow
(01-15-2020, 01:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Why?  When he's been on the field he's been able to score some TDs.  

Problem is he’s never on the field. And he drops more balls than any WR I’ve ever seen. I defended him a lot after the 7 TD season, but honestly he’s been a bust so far. If he doesn’t put it all together next season I’d let him walk.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:25 PM)jason Wrote: You forgot Booger McFarland....

You see what he means Tess is that Booger is bad at his job.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Not even the Cincinnati Bengals have the ability to ruin Joe Burrow; I'm not worried about this at all, in fact.  He's too good and his skill set is impressive.  With that said, the Bengals' offensive scheme, playcalling, and/or coaching might limit what Joe can do but, no, he won't be ruined.
Reply/Quote
Talking heads, players, agents and fans say the same things about the Bengals front office. I really don’t see how anyone on this board could argue that it’s even mediocre. The most telling thing to me is when they did have a good run, they wouldn’t go that extra mile to put the team over the top. It’s not just about being cheap. They didn’t want to spend money but when they did, it was to overpay mediocre players. They may want to win but they are not extremely motivated to win. There’s a lot of laziness and mismanagement that goes on. I don’t think that they will ruin Joe because he seems to have a head on his shoulders, be mentally strong and has a strong support system.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Problem is he’s never on the field. And he drops more balls than any WR I’ve ever seen. I defended him a lot after the 7 TD season, but honestly he’s been a bust so far. If he doesn’t put it all together next season I’d let him walk.

Your eyes aren't fooling you either. He had the highest drop percentage of anyone in the league with 20 plus targets.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously. Weren’t we supposed to be watching Cleveland in the AFC championship this weekend according to most of these jabronies?

Yeah, these guys really know what they are talking about. Sarcasm 

(01-15-2020, 02:09 AM)Benton Wrote: Meh.

We've done alright with our last two.

Arguably, the Steelers ruined carson, and ad wouldnt likely have had the opportunity he did here.

True, plus I think it would be really hard to ruin a player like Burrow no matter where he goes. Just have to solidify the 
O-line and put weapons around him, already have a stud RB to help him out.
Reply/Quote
Stephen Smith is a turd and I don't care what he says.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 04:31 PM)treee Wrote: Stephen Smith is a turd and I don't care what he says.

Same lol
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote:

Seems to be a pretty common take I'm seeing from a lot of people in the national media. Can't say it's surprising though, and honestly I agree with what they're saying. Just have to hope Burrow can overcome.

First take is nothing but pompous windbags trying desperately to get viewers and clicks.  They would say Burrow is gay if it got them ratings.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:26 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well the pundit class is NEVER wrong about anything. That's why every school kid ever has always said, when asked what they want to be when they grow up, "A pundit." Ninja
Actually the very term Pundit is from Sanskrit, pandit meaning learned one..It used to be a revered title of sorts, but in today's lexicon pundit typically means some schlub offering up another useless opinion on something they know nothing about..

damn gramps, you used to be a teacher of some sort?

Reply/Quote
I sensed a little panic in Stephen A's rant being a Steeler fan. Lots of bad franchises Browns, Raiders, Lions, Jets, Redskins. All 5 on par with Bengals as far as terrible franchises
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote:

Seems to be a pretty common take I'm seeing from a lot of people in the national media. Can't say it's surprising though, and honestly I agree with what they're saying. Just have to hope Burrow can overcome.
Why in God's name would you listen to/put credence into anything that ass clown says...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:27 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ...

Well, that was uncalled for.

It's his go-to move.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The FO just needs to make the right moves and have an actual will to put in long hours to make this team better around him.

First trade Dalton! Nothing against him, just don’t want Mikey being loyal trying to make it work with both. It won’t so don’t even try it. I was all for trading Green but now you would almost have to keep him if he is willing to sign a team friendly offer. Pickup a stud FA TE like Hunter, or just sign Eifert to another year. Either way this team has got to be active in FA for a change. The draft and bottom feeders are not going to cut it. I would prefer a stud OT maybe bring Whit back, doubt he would return. But if we keep Hart , smh we have to address the inside. We can get a couple Guards, draft one and sign one. Prefer to get a guy that can play both G/C. The problem is the defensive back field. Just too many holes to fill without being aggressive in FA.

If we take Joe at #1 it’s a start that this team wants to win. Just grow some balls already and show us fans how committed you are in FA.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 04:46 AM)Benton Wrote: Eh, I dunno. I like Carson, but he had outstanding receivers, a few good backs and some very good lines, at least early in his career in Cincinnati. 

We had a poor defense for most of Palmer's tenure and did very little to address it. We let the o-line deteriorate to the point Palmer's nose was broken in preseason and his elbow was busted in regular season.

Palmer was too good to have a 46-51 record as a Bengal.

Same deal with Dalton. We let his line deteriorate and the defensive talent corode while doing very little in free agency to fix it.

(01-15-2020, 11:20 AM)Big Boss Wrote: BREAKING: Top draft prospect goes to worst-performing team. World stunned.

Like SAS said, there's a difference between being bad and being poorly run. All teams have bad seasons. The Bengals, Lions and Browns are just poorly run. Hence the long streaks of futility.

(01-15-2020, 06:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: First take is nothing but pompous windbags trying desperately to get viewers and clicks.  They would say Burrow is gay if it got them ratings.  

Yeah I don't really have a great deal of respect for this show, either, and I realize that they spew a lot of hot takes. I just agree with what SAS said here. He was spot on, honestly. I don't see anyone debating what was said, just attacking the show.

I will say that I do think Burrow can have success in Cincy. Super Bowls though? I just don't see the front office giving 100% to keep Burrow surrounded with talent through his career. We've seen the team fall apart for our last 2 QBs, with the FO doing little in free agency to address issues. Not only that, but we also keep bad coaches around for too long, don't have a practice facility, etc. It's just a poor organization.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, Burrow is our best chance to succeed. Yes, our organization is inept and doesn't function properly like a regular NFL franchise. We need a generational talent like Burrow to help us get anywhere. He's basically going to be our Aaron Rodgers.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:20 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I sensed a little panic in Stephen A's rant being a Steeler fan. Lots of bad franchises Browns, Raiders, Lions, Jets, Redskins. All 5 on par with Bengals as far as terrible franchises

Except honestly our last 2 QB’s have had more success than any from those teams.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:35 AM)TKUHL Wrote: So we should pass on Burrow cause we suck? What do you mean by that statement? Everyone knows this franchise is a joke but to suggest we don’t select a player like Burrow is nuts. The front office may not deserve him but the fans sure the hell do.

This.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
My problem isn't SAS assessment that the Bengals are a "mom and pop" franchise. They certainly have earned that label at time's, no one can deny that. Not even the most fanatically fanatical fan can deny it.

My problem is that they act like we're the only franchise that can ruin Joe Burrow, while at the same time muttering under their breath that Joe Burrow "really isn't that good."

We were the definition of 'mediocrity' not 'ineptness' this last decade. If we were talking the 90's, they'd have us.

Since 2010, in the regular season at 77-81-2 we won 48.7 percent of our games.

That puts us ahead of the LA Chargers (48.1), Chicago (47.5%), Arizona (47.5%) LA Rams (45.9%), Detroit (45.3%) Buffalo (44.4%), NY Giants (43.8%), Miami (43.8%), Tennessee (43.1%), NY Jets (42.5%), Oakland (39.4%), Washington (39.0%) Tampa Bay (36.9%), Jacksonville (31.9%), Cleveland (26.4%).

Some of these teams even had Future HOF coaches, QB's and players and we still won more games then they did. So this notion that you can't win in Cincinnati, but other places is ridiculous.

Cincinnati is definitely unique, no question about it, but hopeless? No.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
These talking heads go on and on about how Cincinnati Bengals fans deserve better, but then turn around and advocate for a top draft pick to refuse to play here. Sure, that sounds great for fans.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote