Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow

Seems to be a pretty common take I'm seeing from a lot of people in the national media. Can't say it's surprising though, and honestly I agree with what they're saying. Just have to hope Burrow can overcome.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Well, better to be ruined a Bengal than any other team right? I mean, look at Tannerhill. Doomed in miami and now getting a super bowl with Tenessee. FFS another team getting a SB Lombardi before us. Really grinds my gears.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 3eo78e.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who cares what talking heads say

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Haters gon hate
Reply/Quote
Can’t stand Stephen A but he’s right. Mike Brown is a terrible owner and the Bengals are a bad organization. We’ll see how serious the Bengals are about competing the next few seasons with the team they put around Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:10 AM)Okeana Wrote: Who cares what talking heads say

Seriously. Weren’t we supposed to be watching Cleveland in the AFC championship this weekend according to most of these jabronies?

Reply/Quote
Meh.

We've done alright with our last two.

Arguably, the Steelers ruined carson, and ad wouldnt likely have had the opportunity he did here.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:34 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Can’t stand Stephen A but he’s right. Mike Brown is a terrible owner and the Bengals are a bad organization. We’ll see how  serious the Bengals are about competing the next few seasons with the team they put around Burrow.

Exactly....they ain't wrong. Hopefully Ebenezer shocks us all, and pushes his chips to the middle of the table. I have my doubts for obvious reasons......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
To be fair they have every reason to believe so, I mean look what we did to Carson, however I hope this doesnt happen with Burrow.

That being said Max Kellerman has the most punchable face on the planet.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well the pundit class is NEVER wrong about anything. That's why every school kid ever has always said, when asked what they want to be when they grow up, "A pundit." Ninja
Actually the very term Pundit is from Sanskrit, pandit meaning learned one..It used to be a revered title of sorts, but in today's lexicon pundit typically means some schlub offering up another useless opinion on something they know nothing about..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:26 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: To be fair they have every reason to believe so, I mean look what we did to Carson, however I hope this doesnt happen with Burrow.

That being said Max Kellerman has the most punchable face on the planet.

What did we do to Carson?

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What did we do to Carson?

Traded him to Oakland.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What did we do to Carson?

The fans didnt do anything, the organization however took a generational talent with the first pick and then proceeded to let him waste away here.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:45 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The fans didnt do anything, the organization however took a generational talent with the first pick and then proceeded to let him waste away here.

Hmm...not sure I agree that’s quite how it went down. Palmer was given two of the best WR’s in the league, a good running game, decent OL (for a while), and there was certainly a window to make a run. It went to shit, but let’s not pretend we were awful his entire time here.

Reply/Quote
Two winning seasons with Palmer and the second one was when they rode Cedric Benson and cut back on "Superstar QB".

Fail.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:18 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Two winning seasons with Palmer and the second one was when they rode Cedric Benson and cut back on "Superstar QB".

Fail.

How many winning seasons did a Mike Brown ran team have before Palmer?

Reply/Quote
I didn't realize people actually watched Stephen A. Smith. He would know about ruining things I suppose he is helping ESPN ruin itself.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
After Stephen A. (more than once) insinuated that the only Reason Marvin kept his job was because he was black, I think most of us tuned him out. It's rare that I even bother to watch him.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:45 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The fans didnt do anything, the organization however took a generational talent with the first pick and then proceeded to let him waste away here.

Eh, I dunno. I like Carson, but he had outstanding receivers, a few good backs and some very good lines, at least early in his career in Cincinnati. 
Reply/Quote