Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Team All SEC!!
It all started in the first round. All SEC All World tackle Jonah Williams. Then we just stole a couple late. Gotta say I feel pretty good about a couple of our 6th round picks. Mainly because first team All SEC is usually a pretty good gamble for a draft pick. To go along with Jonah we also got the leading rusher from the SEC. And the #4 tackler in the SEC.

We got Trayveon the RB who led the SEC in rushing ahead of the only 1st round RB taken Josh Jacobs. Trayveon also beat the patriots raved about RB draft pick Damien Harris who was second team All SEC and went in the 3rd, and matched the steelers rb draft pick Snell as first team All SEC who they got in the 4th with a pick that got a lot of love. And we got our guy in the 6th!!!

Then at another massive position of need how about the other first team All SEC LB? The other two went in the top 7 of the draft. Devin White and Josh Allen. We got the final of the three first team All SEC LBs in the 6th round!!!!

Three players from the SEC and they were all first team. I just feel really good about that.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 01:29 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It all started in the first round. All SEC All World tackle Jonah Williams. Then we just stole a couple late. Gotta say I feel pretty good about a couple of our 6th round picks. Mainly because first team All SEC is usually a pretty good gamble for a draft pick. To go along with Jonah we also got the leading rusher from the SEC. And the #4 tackler in the SEC.

We got Trayveon the RB who led the SEC in rushing ahead of the only 1st round RB taken Josh Jacobs. Trayveon also beat the patriots raved about RB draft pick Damien Harris who was second team All SEC and went in the 3rd, and matched the steelers rb draft pick Snell as first team All SEC who they got in the 4th with a pick that got a lot of love. And we got our guy in the 6th!!!

Then at another massive position of need how about the other first team All SEC LB? The other two went in the top 7 of the draft. Devin White and Josh Allen. We got the final of the three first team All SEC LBs in the 6th round!!!!

Three players from the SEC and they were all first team. I just feel really good about that.

I'm feeling really good about our draft. Don't sleep on Anderson, either. If he can get and stay healthy, he'd be a great backup to Mixon, and Williams to Gio. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think it was a pretty good draft, time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 03:22 AM)Shady Wrote: I'm feeling really good about our draft. 

Me too.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Decent draft. The Sample pick was a head scratcher, but it was obvious they coveted the guy and have plans to use him alot.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What really grinds my gears is we didn't get instant starters and Devin White/Bush level talent with our 6th round picks.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 09:43 AM)Sweetness Wrote: What really grinds my gears is we didn't get instant starters and Devin White/Bush level talent with our 6th round picks.

True, but we did get AD's replacement so we can trade him now.  Ninja
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think Trayveon will be Gio's backup and Rodney Anderson will be Mixon's backup. Each of those guys is of similar size and skill set.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:07 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: True, but we did get AD's replacement so we can trade him now.  Ninja

If we don't get at least 2 firsts, a second, and their star WR I will be irate.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 09:43 AM)Sweetness Wrote: What really grinds my gears is we didn't get instant starters and Devin White/Bush level talent with our 6th round picks.

(05-01-2019, 02:09 PM)Sweetness Wrote: If we don't get at least 2 firsts, a second, and their star WR I will be irate.

Lol, love this stuff!

To the OP Nati, heck yeah man, always love SEC picks the most and they usually perform very well for us, especially Georgia and Oklahoma picks. Pratt was my favorite pick in this Draft obviously, he was my 2nd favorite LB in this Draft for us behind White and we got him in the 3rd, steal. Jonah was the safest pick, Trayveon in the 6th is kind of nutz. I can see why Anderson fell cause of the injuries but he is extremely talented.

Davis isn't the greatest athlete and not a very good cover Backer but he is a great tackler and that is what we need in our Linebackers. Hopefully his instincts can make up for his athleticism similar to Dhani Jones.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 02:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Davis isn't the greatest athlete and not a very good cover Backer but he is a great tackler and that is what we need in our Linebackers. Hopefully his instincts can make up for his athleticism similar to Dhani Jones.

Well, they both are/were 6th round picks...how does Davis look in a bow-tie? That's the real test of any potential Dhani Jones comparison!  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Curious as to what's the bust rate for SEC players vs those from other conferences. I'm always a fan of taking players from the best and most competitive conference but I wonder what the numbers are on that. On the surface at least it seems like the "safe" route.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 08:12 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Curious as to what's the bust rate for SEC players vs those from other conferences. I'm always a fan of taking players from the best and most competitive conference but I wonder what the numbers are on that. On the surface at least it seems like the "safe" route.

No data on “bust rate” but they rank third in college for “Pro-Bowlers produced”. At least, in 2015. From 2006-2015, the SEC had 11.7% of their draftees make a Pro Bowl. The two conferences to beat them out were the PAC-12 (11.96%) and Conference USA (13%). The Big 12 came in right under the SEC at 11.62%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.business2community.com/sports/boom-or-bust-which-ncaa-conference-has-the-highest-rate-of-successful-nfl-draft-picks-01249415/amp
Reply/Quote
Another reason I love our three All SEC first team picks is because of the positions they play. We had plenty of needs. But 3 of our biggest most glaring were OL, RB, and LB. Filling major needs with first team All SEC is A OK with me.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Another reason I love our three All SEC first team picks is because of the positions they play. We had plenty of needs. But 3 of our biggest most glaring were OL, RB, and LB. Filling major needs with first team All SEC is A OK with me.

The more I read about Auburn LB Davis, the more it appears he is an excellent run stopper who slipped due to coverage skills. I understand we all want 3 down LB's and our MIKE in past have been blown up by TE's. However, we need a run stopper in the middle to stop teams trying to use ball control by running the football down our throat.

I like the fact we grabbed Davis and the DT Wren (who could be a stud) on defense to shore up our running defense. To win in the NFL, you have to win in the trenches, be able to run the ball and stop the run.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Another reason I love our three All SEC first team picks is because of the positions they play. We had plenty of needs. But 3 of our biggest most glaring were OL, RB, and LB. Filling major needs with first team All SEC is A OK with me.

Same here, OL and LB were definately our biggest weaknesses by far. Getting All SEC players like Jonah, Pratt and Davis is huge. Trayveon and Anderson are great versatible Backs that can back up GI-Joe perfectly. Really upgraded from Walton here big frickin time.

(05-02-2019, 10:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The more I read about Auburn LB Davis, the more it appears he is an excellent run stopper who slipped due to coverage skills. I understand we all want 3 down LB's and our MIKE in past have been blown up by TE's. However, we need a run stopper in the middle to stop teams trying to use ball control by running the football down our throat.

I like the fact we grabbed Davis and the DT Wren (who could be a stud) on defense to shore up our running defense. To win in the NFL, you have to win in the trenches, be able to run the ball and stop the run.

People sure harp on Davis's athleticism, but Dhani wasn't athletic either and he really helped out our Defense, hoping Davis's instincts make up for his lack of athleticism, we needed good tacklers at Linebacker, Davis is definately that. Also love the Wren pick, could be the big sleeper with his fast first step, size and athleticism.
Reply/Quote