Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue fired
(01-12-2019, 01:05 AM)TrevBengal Wrote: I mean, dont get too excited.

Everyone rejoiced when Paul Alexander was let go, and the O line was awful still.  Glenn looked terrible in 2018 and Price was bad.

Same with Bratkowski and Zampese on O

Everyone was happy with Austin last year

Don't get to excited ?

We've struggled to maintain any sanity under the direction of the worst GM in the NFL and everything points to the fact that he's finally released his iron grip on control and you say don't get to excited ?

We've been mired in Marvin Lewis's mediocrity for 16 seasons and that's over and you say don't get to excited ?

We finally appear to be at least trying to win and you say don't get to excited ?

Thanks, but I won't be taking your advice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 10:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Don't get to excited ?

We've struggled to maintain any sanity under the direction of the worst GM in the NFL and everything points to the fact that he's finally released his iron grip on control and you say don't get to excited ?

We've been mired in Marvin Lewis's mediocrity for 16 seasons and that's over and you say don't get to excited ?

We finally appear to be at least trying to win and you say don't get to excited ?

I will be excited if we make the playoffs, losing and not making the playoffs again will do nothing to get me excited, in a positive way.

So, I hope I am excited this time next year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 10:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will be excited if we make the playoffs, losing and not making the playoffs again will do nothing to get me excited, in a positive way.

So, I hope I am excited this time next year.

You can't expect instant results Luvnit
Reply/Quote
I'm extremely happy that the team finally decided to bring in some new blood and pretty much reboot the coaching staff with a few exceptions.

That all being said I do have something I want to say...

This narrative about Hue's NFL coaching(not HC)credentials that mostly goes on in other outlets but this board is sickening.

I've seen articles even written by supposed professional sports journalists that portray straight up lies for that matter.

There are plenty of idiot statements being made by Browns fans and others who have no clue about Hue's successful history as positional coach, OC, and assistant in the league.

I'm so glad that there are fans/posters on this board that are happy for Hue's departure, but don't just make shit up about his career to trash him because of his recent HC failure with the Browns.

These parroting asshats in the world that like to repeat what they hear even if not true sure gets old.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I hope Hue shows up to y'all's place of employment, smacks the broom outta your hands, then laughs as you get fired.

Fwiw... I didn't want him around anymore either, but still...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 05:36 PM)jason Wrote: I hope Hue shows up to y'all's place of employment, smacks the broom outta your hands, then laughs as you get fired.

I don't have a history of being bad at my job and getting fired multiple times or even at all.  So I'm not too worried about that. Big Grin  I don't think most are laughing at him for getting fired or removed. Several people here stated they would have liked it if he was made OC again. I think it is more a case of glad to be getting rid of the old and in with the new. I get it, not celebrating people losing jobs, but I think Hue will be fine financially even if he is never hired in the NFL again.  After all he hasn't exactly been getting paid minimum wage.  For most of us that post here, if we got fired for poor work performance it would have a much more significant impact on our finances, families, and potential to get another job.

Fortunately for Hue, in the NFL jobs are few and people that have worked hard and achieved what he has in various job positions often get more opportunities despite their failures at other coaching positions. He will get another chance on other teams as a position coach or coordinator and probably another chance to work back up to a head coach position. As I have said in other threads, I wish him the best, just glad he is no longer with the Bengals.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Marv fired AND Hue fired? Oh thank God! (How is this possible? Especially with putz like Mike Brown as owner???)
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 05:36 PM)jason Wrote: I hope Hue shows up to y'all's place of employment, smacks the broom outta your hands, then laughs as you get fired.

That's funny  Smirk 

No, I get what you're saying.  It's easy to be so happy the team is making changes that you cheer each departure and forget that these are still human beings who are being sent packing.  I don't think Hue's a bad guy, he just wasn't a good fit for our HC.  Could have lived with him as OC, but, I'm glad we're cleaning house. 

As George said, Hue will get another chance somewhere.  I hope he does.  And, for his sake, wherever he winds up, I hope his team one day knocks that smarmy punk Mayfield on his ass good and hard.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 10:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Don't get to excited ?

Thats right, if there was a time to get excited it is now. New Coaches from the top down?

Coaching has been our biggest problem, Pollack was handed a shit sandwich and our main back averaged 4.9 yards per carry and was the AFC rushing leader. The run game has started, we kept Pollack and we have Mixon, a good NFL QB in Dalton, good to great weapons if Ross and a TE comes around. Our Defense just needs a decent LB coach and fast Linebackers and this team could really compete.

I had excitement about football but it is on a new level now with hope, and it is not just false.

(01-12-2019, 05:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm extremely happy that the team finally decided to bring in some new blood and pretty much reboot the coaching staff with a few exceptions.

That all being said I do have something I want to say...

This narrative about Hue's NFL coaching(not HC)credentials that mostly goes on in other outlets but this board is sickening.

I've seen articles even written by supposed professional sports journalists that portray straight up lies for that matter.

There are plenty of idiot statements being made by Browns fans and others who have no clue about Hue's successful history as positional coach, OC, and assistant in the league.

I'm so glad that there are fans/posters on this board that are happy for Hue's departure, but don't just make shit up about his career to trash him because of his recent HC failure with the Browns.

These parroting asshats in the world that like to repeat what they hear even if not true sure gets old.

Nice Rocker, those damn parroting asshats. They do get old.

Hue is a good fella as far as i know and he doesn't deserve that shit.

He was a good OC for us and he did well in Oakland and if they had brains he might of done well there.
Reply/Quote
Fired twice in the same year and laughed at by Baker Mayfield. Not a good group of months for Hue.
Reply/Quote
Needed to be done to help de-Marvin-ize the team.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:32 AM)Synric Wrote: Mosley might not look as good as a 2 gap 43 linebacker as he does as a single gap 34 linebacker.

Something else that has the potential to change.. 4-3 to 3-4 perhaps? I have no idea what kind of defense we might be seeing next year and with a completely inexperienced HC with an almost completely new staff anything's possible upto and including anything from complete victory to complete meltdown and defeat.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 10:16 AM)grampahol Wrote: Something else that has the potential to change.. 4-3 to 3-4 perhaps? I have no idea what kind of defense we might be seeing next year and with a completely inexperienced HC with an almost completely new staff anything's possible upto and including anything from complete victory to complete meltdown and defeat.. 

Good point.

Going from a defense oriented HC to a QB coach could be quite a change.

It all depends on the DC of course too and a shift from current personnel.

Very interesting. Hmm
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote