Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Tuesday in November
Sure I could Goggle it, but I wouldn't get any input from those in the forum. Why do we vote on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November?

Also if anybody has any election day trivia or questions they would like to ask please place it here to generate non-partisan discussion.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I think I heard it has something to do about keeping the sabbath or whatever on Sunday, and then allowing Monday as a travel day. And then voting on Tuesday.

Just move it to a weekend or make it a holiday already.
(11-08-2016, 11:36 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think I heard it has something to do about keeping the sabbath or whatever on Sunday, and then allowing Monday as a travel day. And then voting on Tuesday.

Just move it to a weekend or make it a holiday already.

Also something to do with farmers markets and what not.

Something that needs changed desperately.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-08-2016, 12:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Also something to do with farmers markets and what not.

Something that needs changed desperately.

If I recall correctly, this is what it was. Tuesday was a day that worked because people were heading into towns for market already. Monday would have meant traveling On Sunday for a lot of folks, and Wednesday was market day. It is archaic, and outdated. The problem is that politicians are the ones that need to change it. Just like with first-past-the-post voting, the politicians in power got that power under the status quo so they lack any incentive to change it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Because Jesus said so.