Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Violence breaks out in Austria over burka ban
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4955940/amp/Austrian-attacked-reminding-woman-burka-ban.html

Austria will come down hard on these people if they resort to violence on good, decent, normal Austrians who are just following the laws. Why on earth would Muslims even push this issue.

All this does is put every police officer on notice and ensures now that Austrians will go get a police officer.

Bad part is thanks to the Muslim terrorists Austrians can't wear Clown masks anymore.

Quote:First violence sparked by burka ban breaks out in Austria when woman is attacked for telling a Muslim that she was breaking the law by wearing a veil

By Julian Robinson for MailOnline 14:03 06 Oct 2017, updated 14:04 06 Oct 2017

Teacher said she tried to remind a burka-clad woman about Austria's burka ban
But she claims she was then pushed to the ground near metro station in Vienna
Police say it was the first such incident since ban came into force on October 1
A woman has been attacked in Austria for telling a Muslim she was breaking the law by wearing a veil - just days after a burka ban came in to effect in the country.

The teacher reminded the burka-clad woman about the ban near the Zieglergasse metro station in the Austrian capital Vienna.

But moments later, she claimed she was pushed to the ground with her alleged attacker insisting she did not have to abide by the law.

A woman has been attacked in Austria for telling a Muslim she was breaking the law by wearing a veil - just days after a burka ban came in to effect in the country (file picture)
The teacher, who wished the remain anonymous, claimed that she had been branded a 'racist' as a group of young men gathered to support the burka-clad woman.

Police were called in to calm the situation.

Related Articles

Austria's burqa ban comes into force this weekend, but also spells the end for clown masks and football scarves covering the face
Austrian police force women to uncover their faces as country's 'burka ban' comes into force
Denmark prepares to ban the burka: Scandinavian country will become the latest European nation to restrict the Islamic face veil
The teacher is quoted as saying: 'They took my personal details and brought the burka-wearer to the police station for identification.'

According to the police, it was the first such incident in Vienna since the implementation of the burka-ban, which came into effect on October 1.

The law was adopted by Austria's parliament in May.

Those who cover their faces with a burka, niqab or a mask in public spaces will be fined 150 EUR (£132).

The teacher reminded the burka-clad woman about the ban near the Zieglergasse metro station in the Austrian capital Vienna (file picture) only for her comment to be dismissed
It come as it emerged today that Denmark will ban full-face coverings, including Islamic veils such as the niqab or burka.

Jakob Ellemann-Jensen, of Denmark's liberal party that leads a centre-right governing coalition, said a law proposal was not aimed at any religion.

He also said it was not a ban of scarfs, turbans or kippa, the traditional Jewish skull cap. Mr Ellemann-Jensen spoke on Friday after a meeting in parliament.

The burka ban is believed to enjoy widespread support, including from the opposition Social Democrats.

The move is mostly seen as directed at the dress worn by some ultra-conservative Muslim women although few Muslim women in Denmark wear full-face veils.

No date for a formal vote was announced but Austria, France and Belgium have similar laws.
They should move here.

Trump and Sessions believe strongly in religious freedom.  Burkas would be welcome with open arms.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-06-2017, 05:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: They should move here.

Trump and Sessions believe strongly in religious freedom.  Burkas would be welcome with open arms.

If they are migrants they should go home.

They can come here if the Dino family wants to put them up in the guest room and ensure they have all they need.
Damn Austrians. I’d give one of ‘em an earful if I knew any.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-06-2017, 06:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Damn Austrians. I’d give one of ‘em an earful if I knew any.

Actually, isn't Hollodero Austrian?  Perhaps he would be willing to weigh in on this topic for you.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
When 'migrate' gets auto corrected to 'migrants'...

Joke tells itself.
(10-06-2017, 06:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, isn't Hollodero Austrian?  Perhaps he would be willing to weigh in on this topic for you.

I think that was the joke...
(10-06-2017, 06:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, isn't Hollodero Austrian?  Perhaps he would be willing to weigh in on this topic for you.

Oh I thought he was one of those outback kangaroo mate guys. Well no wonder we can understand him so well. A German speaker speaking English is much more coherent that an Australian speaking English.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-06-2017, 06:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If they are migrants they should go home.  

They can come here if the Dino family wants to put them up in the guest room and ensure they have all they need.

That's silly.  We love religious freedom.  Let 'em in to be free from the rules against their religions!
(10-06-2017, 08:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's silly.  We love religious freedom.  Let 'em in to be free from the rules against their religions!

Like I said sponsor them.

We don't need anymore economic migrants. The swarm of illegals is currently too much already.
(10-06-2017, 09:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Like I said sponsor them.  

We don't need anymore economic migrants.   The swarm of illegals is currently too much already.

Like *I* said...that's silly.

These people are having their freedom of religion attacked.  They should come here where we allow all religions to express themselves.

They wouldn't be illegal.  
(10-06-2017, 05:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4955940/amp/Austrian-attacked-reminding-woman-burka-ban.html
Austria will come down hard on these people if they resort to violence on good, decent, normal Austrians who are just following the laws.   Why on earth would Muslims even push this issue.

Oh Jeez, someone pushed someone else because of something. State of emergency!
In fact, it's kind of a bad way of thinking if you associate one person doing something wrong with "these people". Even most Austrians know that. Except for the decent ones who care about stuff that really is none of their business, like what someone else wears. (Let's hope they at least also explain to everyone the speed limit and where not to park, so they are at least consistent. And not just anti-muslim.)

(10-06-2017, 05:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: All this does is put every police officer on notice and ensures now that Austrians will go get a police officer.  

Bad part is thanks to the Muslim terrorists Austrians can't wear Clown masks anymore.  

Nooo... not thanks to muslim terrorists, but thanks to an awful bunch of politicians pushing some nonsense issue through parliament shortly before our elections. To score some cheap points with cheap-minded people.
While on the other side, probably not a single terror attack could have been avoided by a burka ban. That's just the truth. Making a burka ban about terrorism is a false flag. It's really about fueling prejudices to win an election.
This law is a disaster and a shame and an attack on basic freedom, let alone freedom of expression. - We still can wear clowns masks on Halloween though; the long standing Austrian tradition of Halloween is of course sacred enough to protect. It's all really sad.

michaelsean Wrote:Damn Austrians. I’d give one of ‘em an earful if I knew any.

Oh well... I'll saddle my cangaroo and ride around in the outbacks. If I happen to meet one there, I'll let you know.

--
Lastly, to the article itself, Zieglergasse is really close to my home. The pictures shown in the report aren't from that place. The guy talking is indeed our chancellor though. Isn't he handsome.