Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First ever open drafts
This is my first year open draft. What should be the first position I go after. I was defense, then qb and what do of you ff guru suggest. Any help be appreciated.
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Please guys some advice this league offers Lombardi trophies to champs in each league. I want this I'm going try get some good bengals.

Reply/Quote
Not sure I understand the OP. In the absence of understanding league rules it is hard to give draft advice.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
It's open draft. Was wondering what would be best position to go after qb receiver or defense etc. in 1st round

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 08:54 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: It's open draft. Was wondering what would be best position to go after qb receiver or defense etc. in 1st round

I still don't know what "open draft" means. Does that mean you can all have the same player on your team? For example, everyone can start AJ Green at WR if they want to? What I draft first depends on the league. Some give way more points for yardage - which makes QBs and RBs more valuable. Others give way more points for turnovers and defensive stats, which makes a defense more valuable. So, you need to think about what your league scoring system is and then prioritize accordingly. But, in general I would get a QB or a RB with first pick and then the other with second. After that it is kind of a crap shoot, although I have a friend who does pretty well and always tries to stockpile running backs. He doesn't worry much about his other positions.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
I'm new it a regular draft. Every one picks player they want when it's their turn. Sorry new to ff

Reply/Quote
Same as nfl draft not drafing same players. First year in ff

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 10:00 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Same as nfl draft not drafing same players. First year in ff

Just saw you are in Middlesboro which explains why you are new to it - maybe? I think FF is a lot more popular the closer you are to an NFL city. Make sure you understand the points thing, like I said. You can find a bajillion lists of FF picks from "experts" or just use what you know. Obviously, for example, Luck and Brees are among the top QBs... WR is probably the most "even" position. I don't think anyone wins their league on the strength of their receivers. It is more QB and RB driven. Remember to watch free agents too. Often someone will get pissed off early and dump a guy if he has a couple bad weeks or there will be some rookie player who is hot in week 1 or 2 and nobody drafted him. You can cut a back up and pick those guys up and if they get hot or stay hot start starting them. It should be a lot of fun for you. My other tip is don't get multiple players from the same team. Yeah, if there is week where Luck hits a WR for three TDs you get megapoints but that won't happen week in and week out - be satisfied with one or the other so if one or both have an off day you don't take a double hit. Good luck.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 11:46 PM)xxlt Wrote: Just saw you are in Middlesboro which explains why you are new to it - maybe? I think FF is a lot more popular the closer you are to an NFL city. Make sure you understand the points thing, like I said. You can find a bajillion lists of FF picks from "experts" or just use what you know. Obviously, for example, Luck and Brees are among the top QBs... WR is probably the most "even" position. I don't think anyone wins their league on the strength of their receivers. It is more QB and RB driven. Remember to watch free agents too. Often someone will get pissed off early and dump a guy if he has a couple bad weeks or there will be some rookie player who is hot in week 1 or 2 and nobody drafted him. You can cut a back up and pick those guys up and if they get hot or stay hot start starting them. It should be a lot of fun for you. My other tip is don't get multiple players from the same team. Yeah, if there is week where Luck hits a WR for three TDs you get megapoints but that won't happen week in and week out - be satisfied with one or the other so if one or both have an off day you don't take a double hit.  Good luck.

Ty. Been reading up a lot on it you've been a big help rep 

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 09:58 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I'm new it a regular draft. Every one picks player they want when it's their turn. Sorry new to ff

Why are you talking like you are a Russian, comrade?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why are you talking like you are a Russian, comrade?

Lol had a few to many beers. Trying figure this ff out. This fantasy football is a lot harder than it sounds.

Reply/Quote