Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First game loss may help team this year
How many times have you seen a good team get a loss early and recover with a decent season? Now the Bengals have eaten humble pie and will get down to business at practices. The pressure of an undefeated season is off their back. I'm looking for a good year now that the formalities are out of the way. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Man i understand the idea but i hate these ideas

No loss really helps

If we miss playoffs by 1 game this will be the game we talk about all off-season
-Housh
Reply/Quote
There was no freaking way this team was going to go undefeated. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we're going to lose a couple of more games too......
Reply/Quote
I think the way we lost could be helpful too. Everyone on the Bengals staff will have came away from the stadium knowing what a mess we looked. There'll be more fire to correct that as a result I'd hope.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 08:58 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I think the way we lost could be helpful too. Everyone on the Bengals staff will have came away from the stadium knowing what a mess we looked. There'll be more fire to correct that as a result I'd hope.

Just about everything that could go wrong went wrong, and we still would have pulled out the "W" if our long snapper did not get hurt. I suspect it was more a boost of confidence than a feeling of gloom. They'll focus on fixing what's wrong and get better.
Reply/Quote
If they beat Dallas they are back where I thought they’d be.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Reality check

It sucks but it just may be what the Dr. ordered
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lucky for us we got Cooper Rush and Flacco next 2 weeks. Should provide a couple 'get right' games.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Did he say "pressure of an undefeated season"?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 02:44 AM)Housh Wrote: Man i understand the idea but i hate these ideas

No loss really helps

If we miss playoffs by 1 game this will be the game we talk about all off-season

I guarantee that our only other loss this year will be talked about more than this one. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Definitely looked like we needed a wake-up call, a long snapper getting hurt is the most Bengal thing ever though.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Just about everything that could go wrong went wrong, and we still would have pulled out the "W" if our long snapper did not get hurt. I suspect it was more a boost of confidence than a feeling of gloom. They'll focus on fixing what's wrong and get better.

Pretty crazy. I still thought we would win too even after turning the ball over 5 times.

I don't think I have ever been confident in this after such a thing happening.

Lots of clean up and we get to face some backup QB's the next few weeks and our Defense looks for real and even 
better than what we saw in the Playoffs maybe. Was going to take time for the OL to gel and we all knew it. Burrow
having his worst game as a pro will only push him big time.

(09-13-2022, 09:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Reality check

It sucks but it just may be what the Dr. ordered

Yep. Hate losing to those bastids but if one team could of pulled off a win in those circumstances it would of been us.

Reminded me of the Chargers game a bit last year when we almost pulled off the comeback after being down big early.

Mixon fumble ended that thought, hurt LS hurt this one. Happens, especially when you turnover the ball that much.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:18 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Lucky for us we got Cooper Rush and Flacco next 2 weeks.  Should provide a couple 'get right' games.

Not sure how long you've been around here, but anytime someone says "their line is banged up, dline should feast" or "backup qb. should be an easier road" or "we should be able to run it down their throat", etc, the exact opposite happens. It's the KoD. 

I particularly like the one we see in preseason all the time. "I don't see how anyone can stop this offense". 

lulzie

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Sorry but there are zero helps from this clusterfarb. It is a division loss already which kills us in the all important tiebreaker arena. It was just another Bengals instance of a big home game where the fans all pay out and show up to be "rewarded" with a pile of steaming crap because the team was unprepared. They should have refunded all Bengals fans that attended (easy to tell by team stuff they are wearing and such).

Ever wonder why we seem to struggle to fill the stadium - well this is one reason.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 02:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not sure how long you've been around here, but anytime someone says "their line is banged up, dline should feast" or "backup qb. should be an easier road" or "we should be able to run it down their throat", etc, the exact opposite happens. It's the KoD. 

I particularly like the one we see in preseason all the time. "I don't see how anyone can stop this offense". 

lulzie

Been a Bengals fan for 25 years so I certainly understand how we usually choke in games we shouldn't.  With this team though I don't think that's gonna be a thing anymore.  Hope I'm right. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 02:21 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Been a Bengals fan for 25 years so I certainly understand how we usually choke in games we shouldn't.  With this team though I don't think that's gonna be a thing anymore.  Hope I'm right. 

they just lost against trubisky. They lost last year to mike white. They will still do this
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:14 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If they beat Dallas they are back where I thought they’d be.

I agree for the most part, except the loss is a division game, and the win is a non-conference one.  That's what "irks" me the most.  I know we shouldn't be considering "playoff seeding" in week one of the season, but that's where my mind goes with the talent on this team.  Still ticked.  To have so much go so wrong, and still a hurt long snapper from making the XP at the end of regulation to win the game.....  GRRRRRRR
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 01:59 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: How many times have you seen a good team get a loss early and recover with a decent season? Now the Bengals have eaten humble pie and will get down to business at practices. The pressure of an undefeated season is off their back. I'm looking for a good year now that the formalities are out of the way. lol

No Divisional Game loss can be seen positively. imo
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 02:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they just lost against trubisky. They lost last year to mike white. They will still do this

They didn't lose to Trubisky we beat ourselves.  Mike White on the other hand smoked us so we'll see.  

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 02:26 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: They didn't lose to Trubisky we beat ourselves.  Mike White on the other hand smoked us so we'll see.  

you could easily make the argument that the bengals beat themselves that game.
Reply/Quote