Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
First head coach hire
Panthers are hiring Frank Reich as their coach. I had thought their interim coach had a shot at that job

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
retread hire
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 11:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: retread hire

True, but so was BB in New England.
Reply/Quote
This coaching hire interested me. In 2018, a friend of mine and I went to the Titans-Colts game at the big Lucas Oil barn when I was living in Dayton at the time. The Colts, behind Andrew Luck won 35-7 or something like that and later that year they won a bunch more to end up in the playoffs. Frank Reich was the coach, and he was viewed as a savior.

Then, Andrew Luck unexpectedly retired. The Colts got Phillip Rivers and did okay for one year, and then when HE retired they went to Carson Wentz, who is an Andy-type quarterback but with less ability. The Colts still did okay, but lost out on the WC at the end of the year when the terrible Jaguars upset them. Then, they got Matt Ryan and Indianapolis seemed like an Old Quarterbacks home. He did terrible, the Colts fell apart, and Coach Reich got unfairly blamed.

So maybe he'll do okay in Carolina as long as they have at least a steady quarterback.
Reply/Quote
This Means Wilks is likely out of carolina.
Reply/Quote
The Colts are almost certainly going to hire someone worse than Reich.  He looked like he could've actually accomplished something with a better QB/roster.
Reply/Quote