Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
First mock of the year
(11-20-2020, 12:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: Olave was clocked at 4.73 at the Nike Combine in '18.  He also hasn't grown an inch since then, so he was physically mature at that time or very close to it.  The scouting services I follow don't expect him to break 4.5.  Diggs and Jeudy are both 4.46 guys, meaning they have speed.

Dude, don't pimp an Ohio State guy in the 1st every year, then give a take like "Scout the jersey, not the school".   Last year, it was pass on Burrow for Young and the year before that it was Haskins.   Some services still have Creed Humphrey rated higher and I haven't seen anyone compare him to Nelson.  With a first round pick especially, you take all available information into account.  You don't ignore a steady stream of busts from the same position group from the same school.

So by that logic never take a alabama db? Bc they’ve busted for us right? All it takes is one player to change the franchise. I wanted to take young Bc we would suck them enabling you get us fields or lawrence both higher rated across the board than burrow. Fields was clocked a 4.46 at osu last spring. He’ll run a sub 4.50. Olave should go top 20 similar to how Higgins should have. It dosent have to be olave, be perfectly fine with Bateman as well. But like u said due to lack of production as all osu wrs have, olave will be the one likely to fall. That’s why I. Said him. And nobody has Humphrey higher. Band I can like plenty of places where he’s been dubbing the best guard since nelson if u would like.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 10:42 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah I think he’s played better than his pff grade... he had a pass rush win rate of 81% against the Steelers. I think we should attack the team sbiggest weakness which to me has been iol, roll with Hakeem next year at rt and fix our glaring pass  rush issues early this draft. If Hakeem doesn’t work out at rt next year U move on and draft a rt high. If they’re was a tackle equivalent to the talent of Davis I’d go tackle. But it’s a major drop off from Davis to leatherwood. That’s why I’d prefer to go iol.

I disagree if Davis was that good he be projected top 10 , both are projected 12 to 18 picks in draft and Hart is signed for next year he is good depth, take your RT of future in 2021 draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 09:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree if Davis was that good he be projected top 10 , both are projected 12 to 18 picks in draft and Hart is signed for next year he is good depth, take your RT of future in 2021 draft.

Leatherwood has been falling pretty consistently. He’s being mocked 28-40 now. Davis is the best guard since nelson but he isn’t nelson. Few are. But he’s not that far off.
Reply/Quote
Davis is indeed a solid guard only prospect and you can keep saying the best guard since Quinton Nelson, but that doesnt change the fact guards are not game changers and taking on in the top 15 is ugh. I'm not sold on Hamilcar and Olave is going to be a thin slot receiver in the NFL.

I do like Twyman who is falling mostly due to the OPT out, Rashad Weaver is a 34 end so outside inside guy, and Tyler Vrabel is climbing fast very possible day 2 pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 02:29 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Leatherwood has been falling pretty consistently. He’s being mocked 28-40 now. Davis is the best guard since nelson but he isn’t nelson. Few are. But he’s not that far off.

last couple mocks i have seen have him in 15 to 19 range.. same with Davis... Cosmi from Texas is moving up the board out of any of them.  Still outside chance Sewell if we end up 3 if Jets, Jacksonville or Washington are 1/2.. all potential QBs picks... 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 12:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Davis is indeed a solid guard only prospect and you can keep saying the best guard since Quinton Nelson, but that doesnt change the fact guards are not game changers and taking on in the top 15 is ugh. I'm not sold on Hamilcar and Olave is going to be a thin slot receiver in the NFL.

I do like Twyman who is falling mostly due to the OPT out, Rashad Weaver is a 34 end so outside inside guy, and Tyler Vrabel is climbing fast very possible day 2 pick.

I do not understand this slot wr designation from olave. He’s not a slot wr. Has never played slot at osu. He has the skill set to play outside not inside. He would fail at the slot. With our line grabbing Wyatt Davis would be a game changer Bc we decided to be idiots and extend mixon. If u want to run the ball, Davis is ur guy. He’ll open up some holes for you. He’ll also make that IOL damn good with Spain Hopkins and Davis.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 02:29 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Leatherwood has been falling pretty consistently. He’s being mocked 28-40 now. Davis is the best guard since nelson but he isn’t nelson. Few are. But he’s not that far off.

Not sure Davis is even the best guard in this draft. I'd take Tre Smith over him. Just don't see any special qualities with Davis. 
Reply/Quote
The best interior oline prospect since Quinton Nelson? OK, that's been 2 years; so it's possible. But let's not use them both in the same sentence.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
No OSU IOL please. Thanks.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 04:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: So by that logic never take a alabama db? Bc they’ve busted for us right? All it takes is one player to change the franchise. I wanted to take young Bc we would suck them enabling you get us fields or lawrence both higher rated across the board than burrow. Fields was clocked a 4.46 at osu last spring. He’ll run a sub 4.50. Olave  should go top 20 similar to how Higgins should have. It dosent have to be olave, be perfectly fine with Bateman as well. But like u said due to lack of production as all osu wrs have, olave will be the one likely to fall. That’s why I. Said him. And nobody has Humphrey higher. Band I can like plenty of places where he’s been dubbing the best guard since nelson if u would like.

Kirkpatrick wasn't really a bust.  He wasn't great, but he was miles better than Ross, Price, Ogbuehi, etc.  Busts don't get the second contract he got.

How many times do you have to get burned?  A big part of the draft process in the early rounds is mitigating risk.  When you have a pattern of disappointment from a position group from a school, you have to take it into account.  You don't just ignore it because you like the school.

Dude, seriously, everyone knows OSU's track is at least .1 of a second fast.  Nobody pays attention to what guys run there unless they're trying to pump up OSU's prospects.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 01:25 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I do not understand this slot wr designation from olave. He’s not a slot wr. Has never played slot at osu. He has the skill set to play outside not inside. He would fail at the slot. With our line grabbing Wyatt Davis would be a game changer Bc we decided to be idiots and extend mixon. If u want to run the ball, Davis is ur guy. He’ll open up some holes for you. He’ll also make that IOL damn good with Spain Hopkins and Davis.

You realize that most NFL slot WR's played outside in college, right?  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 11:36 PM)Mobster Wrote: Not sure Davis is even the best guard in this draft. I'd take Tre Smith over him. Just don't see any special qualities with Davis. 
No special qualities? Everything is. No weaknesses.
(11-22-2020, 01:15 AM)Whatever Wrote: Kirkpatrick wasn't really a bust.  He wasn't great, but he was miles better than Ross, Price, Ogbuehi, etc.  Busts don't get the second contract he got.

How many times do you have to get burned?  A big part of the draft process in the early rounds is mitigating risk.  When you have a pattern of disappointment from a position group from a school, you have to take it into account.  You don't just ignore it because you like the school.

Dude, seriously, everyone knows OSU's track is at least .1 of a second fast.  Nobody pays attention to what guys run there unless they're trying to pump up OSU's prospects.  
U do ignore it. Bc a past player has nothing to do with the current player. Period. Especially when it’s an entire new coaching staff and scheme at said school. And yeah osu fabricated a laser time. Is that what we’re going with?
(11-22-2020, 01:18 AM)Whatever Wrote: You realize that most NFL slot WR's played outside in college, right?  

Yes? Has nothing to do with what I stated though. Olave isn’t a slot wr. His skill set is that of an outside wr.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 03:07 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No special qualities? Everything is. No weaknesses.
U do ignore it. Bc a past player has nothing to do with the current player. Period. Especially when it’s an entire new coaching staff and scheme at said school. And yeah osu fabricated a laser time. Is that what we’re going with?

Yes? Has nothing to do with what I stated though. Olave isn’t a slot wr. His skill set is that of an outside wr.

"Please draft all of OSU"s eligible OL."-Joe Burrow's arthroscopic surgeon

Day retained almost all of the offensive staff, btw.  It's not an entirely new staff.  OL coach Greg Studwara has been there 5 years, so he has coached Elflein, Price, Jordan, and Davis.

Everyone knows the WHAC track is .1 fast, dude.  The common theories are the timing system is manipulated and the track is built on a slight downslope.  Nobody in scouting takes their 40 numbers seriously.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: "Please draft all of OSU"s eligible OL."-Joe Burrow's arthroscopic surgeon

Day retained almost all of the offensive staff, btw.  It's not an entirely new staff.  OL coach Greg Studwara has been there 5 years, so he has coached Elflein, Price, Jordan, and Davis.

Everyone knows the WHAC track is .1 fast, dude.  The common theories are the timing system is manipulated and the track is built on a slight downslope.  Nobody in scouting takes their 40 numbers seriously.

I guarantee olave runs a sub 4.51 40. Guarentee. But also u don’t have to change the personell to chang the system. The mesh underneath concepts have been completely done away with. They runs. Complete pro systole system complete with multi reads concepts, dual concept run blocking etc etc.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:37 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I guarantee olave runs a sub 4.51 40. Guarentee. But also u don’t have to change the personell to chang the system. The mesh underneath concepts have been completely done away with. They runs. Complete pro systole system complete with multi reads concepts, dual concept run blocking etc etc.

Dude, you guaranteed Kyler Murray wouldn't even go in the first round.  A guarantee from you means absolutely nothing, especially when you're trying to build up an OSU guy or tear down a prospect competing with an OSU guy.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: Dude, you guaranteed Kyler Murray wouldn't even go in the first round.  A guarantee from you means absolutely nothing, especially when you're trying to build up an OSU guy or tear down a prospect competing with an OSU guy.

That wasn’t a talent issue. I also said dk metcalf was a top 10 talent. We should have taken him top 10. Point holds. Olave gets plenty of separation with his route running he has above average speed, and he would massively help our wr Corp.
Reply/Quote
Well at least tdn has already updated our draft spot to 3. First time I had a shot at taking Sewell. And I jumped. Actually liked that draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
NO MORE OSU OL. Majority of them stink in the NFL the last decade.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 03:07 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No special qualities? Everything is. No weaknesses.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I saw Davis holding the IU DL for most of the game.....no weaknesses my ass !!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:24 PM)pulses Wrote: Yeah I'm pretty sure I saw Davis holding the IU DL for most of the game.....no weaknesses my ass !!

Uh no he wasn’t??
Reply/Quote