Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First mock of the year
Doing a lot of simulations, and I think I’m starting to get a feel of this years draft. So, I can’t do any trading so what picks I have are what I work with.

I’m assuming a few things: they do address RT in FA, they re-sign Lawson, I’m also not going to reach for a need at any point.

1. TE Kyle Pitts-most of my drafts has Chase off the board and most of the time Smith, but Sewell is still available which will make fans really upset. Regardless, Pitts is a generational talent and we are creating an Identity on offense.

2. WR Nico Collins-Yup, I’m planning to remodel the WR corp. by taking a deep threat play maker here. Collins had a lot of QB inconsistency issues and had a lot of balls way under thrown or had to do some crazy hand fighting to win, but this kid should develop into a stud. Burrows weapons are now Boyd, Higgins, Pitts, Collins.

3. EDGE Hamilcar Rashed Jr.- Lawson re-signed but the defense needs disruptive play makers and this kid can do that. He is very athletic and has a motor, he chases players down from behind all the time. He still is a bit raw in his pass rush but that’s OK, he still gets there.

4. IDL Marvin Wilson-probably the Geno replacement, he was a really good interior pass rusher in college with obvious upper body strength and athleticism. He needs to develop more against the run, but he is capable.

5. OT Brady Christensen- played left tackle in college, but would be better as a right tackle in the nfl and can play guard if needed. Developmental prospect.

6. IOL Drake Jackson-he is a true center, I like Trey Hill in the middle rounds but he was gone a bit early, but Jackson is a good projected starting center in the nfl. He is a 4 year starter and can handle most stunts. I think he can start right away.

7A. CB Camryn Bynum
7B. LB Erroll Thompson- both of these guys are ST players and development guys. Not sure about the last couple rounds yet.

The one thing I worry over is the CB spot. I really couldn’t find value in the draft and I don’t know if they can get a decent player in FA.

Thanks for reading my crazy idea!
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 12:19 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Doing a lot of simulations, and I think I’m starting to get a feel of this years draft. So, I can’t do any trading so what picks I have are what I work with.

I’m assuming a few things: they do address RT in FA, they re-sign Lawson, I’m also not going to reach for a need at any point.

1. TE Kyle Pitts-most of my drafts has Chase off the board and most of the time Smith, but Sewell is still available which will make fans really upset. Regardless, Pitts is a generational talent and we are creating an Identity on offense.

2. WR Nico Collins-Yup, I’m planning to remodel the WR corp. by taking a deep threat play maker here. Collins had a lot of QB inconsistency issues and had a lot of balls way under thrown or had to do some crazy hand fighting to win, but this kid should develop into a stud. Burrows weapons are now Boyd, Higgins, Pitts, Collins.

3. EDGE Hamilcar Rashed Jr.- Lawson re-signed but the defense needs disruptive play makers and this kid can do that. He is very athletic and has a motor, he chases players down from behind all the time. He still is a bit raw in his pass rush but that’s OK, he still gets there.

4. IDL Marvin Wilson-probably the Geno replacement, he was a really good interior pass rusher in college with obvious upper body strength and athleticism. He needs to develop more against the run, but he is capable.

5. OT Brady Christensen- played left tackle in college, but would be better as a right tackle in the nfl and can play guard if needed. Developmental prospect.

6. IOL Drake Jackson-he is a true center, I like Trey Hill in the middle rounds but he was gone a bit early, but Jackson is a good projected starting center in the nfl. He is a 4 year starter and  can handle most stunts. I think he can start right away.

7A. CB Camryn Bynum
7B. LB Erroll Thompson- both of these guys are ST players and development guys. Not sure about the last couple rounds yet.

The one thing I worry over is the CB spot. I really couldn’t find value in the draft and I don’t know if they can get a decent player in FA.

Thanks for reading my crazy idea!
Pretty sure Christensen is a borderline 1st round pick. Darrisaw and Christensen were the only OT's this year with 90+ grades on run and pass blocking.I like Collins I just think it's a little early to go WR in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 02:55 AM)pulses Wrote: Pretty sure Christensen is a borderline 1st round pick. Darrisaw and Christensen were the only OT's this year with 90+ grades on run and pass blocking.I like Collins I just think it's a little early to go WR in this draft.

What’s that matter if TDN has him ranked super low right now and he’s available when I’m hunting for value? He should rise really quickly if that’s true.

WR position desperately needs a makeover, the talent after Higgins and Boyd us abysmal. I honestly do not think so especially if they do not add a quality player in FA. CB is also a fine choice but again I’m looking to give the offense an identity first.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 10:05 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: What’s that matter if TDN has him ranked super low right now and he’s available when I’m hunting for value? He should rise really quickly if that’s true.

WR position desperately needs a makeover, the talent after Higgins and Boyd us abysmal. I honestly do not think so especially if they do not add a quality player in FA. CB is also a fine choice but again I’m looking to give the offense an identity first.

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/gm-report/seahawks-2021-nfl-draft-profile-brady-christensen

Yeah look for Christensen to rise very quickly. I've saw mocks of him going to #21 to the Colts. I agree we need to add some weapons on offense. I'm hoping they address OL in FA and we take Pitts at or trade back to 7 and still take Pitts and gain a 2 or 3.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 10:05 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: What’s that matter if TDN has him ranked super low right now and he’s available when I’m hunting for value? He should rise really quickly if that’s true.

The problem is that TDN hasn't updated their board lately..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nico looked like a back end of day 3 dart throw in the senior bowl clips I saw. I would be really mad with him that early.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I would die if the Bengals took Pitts and Sewell was still on the board.

I don't care what we do in free agency, passing up on the best lineman in the draft would be malpractice.
Reply/Quote