Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if a team wants Hooker at end of round 1?
I see 2 teams that would be prime candidates to want the 5th year option on a QB look Hooker.

I am no draft expert determining value. Seattle has pick 38 and Raiders have pick 38. Seattle has picks 37 and other great picks from the Wilson trade.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2023-saints-hosting-hendon-hooker-plus-other-logical-landing-spots-for-qb-prospect/

Should Bengals consider a trade down into round 2 for pick#28? If so, anyone know the value we should get for pick #28 for pick #37 or #38?
Obviously we would need more, what s that value?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Its possible a team likes him enough to move up. Dropping 10 spots into the second round has a value of around the Bengals 3rd round pick at 92 but you'd have to think you could get better value if you have a couple teams looking to move up. It would put them back in better range for Syracuse's Matthew Bergeron if Darnell Wright is off the board at #28.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2023, 07:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Its possible a team likes him enough to move up. Dropping 10 spots into the second round has a value of around the Bengals 3rd round pick at 92 but you'd have to think you could get better value if you have a couple teams looking to move up. It would put them back in better range for Syracuse's Matthew Bergeron if Darnell Wright is off the board at #28.

So the value to move back into round 1 by moving 9 or 10 spots only has a value of a late 3rd round pick.

That seems low to me. To get an extra option year for any player would be a huge positive.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote