Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First of the final cuts
S Jimmy Wilson released. This is expected to be the only move the team makes today, The inference is that 7th round pick Clayton Fedejelem is the 4th safety for the time being

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 03:30 PM)pally Wrote: S Jimmy Wilson released.  This is expected to be the only move the team makes today,  The inference is that 7th round pick Clayton Fedejelem is the 4th safety for the time being

Good, i like the Fej.
Reply/Quote
OL probly the next spot they clear out. Even with guys hurt those backup OTs were not worth thinking about (ours at least)
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 03:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good, i like the Fej.

Same here.  Special teams ace.
Reply/Quote
Is Jim Lippencot still the guy that goes and tells them "coach wants to see you, and bring your playbook"?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: OL probly the next spot they clear out.      Even with guys hurt those backup OTs were not worth thinking about (ours at least)
Is it just me or should we cut johnson and put westerman as our backup center/backup guard qnd then we can keep 7 wr.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 02:09 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Is it just me or should we cut johnson and put westerman as our backup center/backup guard qnd then we can keep 7 wr.

What would we do with 7 WRs?
Reply/Quote
Our top two TEs are out. I can see having a 7th TE as insurance.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 02:30 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What would we do with 7 WRs?

What would we do with 6? Same argument. 
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 02:55 AM)Jpoore Wrote: What would we do with 6? Same argument. 

Not really. I can't even think of 7 WR who are currently on the roster who I would even WANT to keep.

Heck, I can only think of 6 if the Bengals go out and get Justin Hunter or somebody like that.

After Green, LaFell, Boyd, Core, Erickson, there really isn't anyone left who is truly worth a roster spot. James Wright had his chance to prove he was, and he has been uninspiring at best this preseason with 7.8 yards per catch against the backup teams. 39 yards in 4 games. 7.8  yards per catch would be Gio's career worst, and he's a RB, let alone a WR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 03:16 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not really. I can't even think of 7 WR who are currently on the roster who I would even WANT to keep.

Heck, I can only think of 6 if the Bengals go out and get Justin Hunter or somebody like that.

After Green, LaFell, Boyd, Core, Erickson, there really isn't anyone left who is truly worth a roster spot. James Wright had his chance to prove he was, and he has been uninspiring at best this preseason with 7.8 yards per catch against the backup teams. 39 yards in 4 games. 7.8  yards per catch would be Gio's career worst, and he's a RB, let alone a WR.
Wright will make it because of special teams.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 03:16 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not really. I can't even think of 7 WR who are currently on the roster who I would even WANT to keep.

Im biased but i love kumerow i think he could replace laffell if laffell cant play bc of an injury. Put boyd on the outside kumerow in the slot tell me what corner is covering a 6"5 wr speaking of which i would put him in just in the redzone too lineup example were on the 10 trying to score 6"6 eifert 6"5 kumerow 6"4 green and 6"3 laffell but thats who i would have as 6/7 reciever 
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 03:23 AM)J24 Wrote: Wright will make it because of special teams.

Many players can play special teams. I don't recall Wright doing anything great, and he's not the returner. I think he goes on the PS again.

(09-03-2016, 04:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Im biased but i love kumerow i think he could replace laffell if laffell cant play bc of an injury. Put boyd on the outside kumerow in the slot tell me what corner is covering a 6"5 wr speaking of which i would put him in just in the redzone too lineup example were on the 10 trying to score 6"6 eifert 6"5 kumerow 6"4 green and 6"3 laffell but thats who i would have as 6/7 reciever 

So many teams have said this and it's proven wrong time and time again. If tall WR were the only thing needed to be unstoppable, then all teams would be unstoppable. The best WR in the game right now is 5'10. Why? Because there's many more things that a WR needs to be successful in the NFL.

Kumerow is a D3 rookie who was invisible until the 4th preseason game against 4th teamers. He can join Wright on the PS, because nobody is going to steal him from there. If he has to take LaFell's position as a starter, the Bengals are doomed. Kumerow is just a poor man's D3 version of Matt Jones (hopefully minus the blow).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
One or both will make the squad.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 04:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So many teams have said this and it's proven wrong time and time again. If tall WR were the only thing needed to be unstoppable, then all teams would be unstoppable. The best WR in the game right now is 5'10. Why? Because there's many more things that a WR needs to be successful in the NFL.

Kumerow is a D3 rookie who was invisible until the 4th preseason game against 4th teamers. He can join Wright on the PS, because nobody is going to steal him from there. If he has to take LaFell's position as a starter, the Bengals are doomed. Kumerow is just a poor man's D3 version of Matt Jones (hopefully minus the blow).

I would compare him more to colston and he didnt show up in the preseason games becwuse he was still dealing with that hamstring injury. The injury that kept him out 6 weeks so that is why he didnt show up. He was showing up in all the praactices beford the injury. also he has hands like glue and he has. Great speed off the line things wrs need. 
Reply/Quote