Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First pick draft
Site gave it a C. I didn't think it was that bad, but there wasn't much available at OT or LB on the picks available. So it was more of a bpa with some need too . And there's not going to be an ot worth taking at 11, so my guess is well hopefully take a DL or a LB there.

Round 1 Pick 11: Ferrell, Clelin, DE, Clemson (A)
Round 2 Pick 10: Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa (B)
Round 3 Pick 8: McGary, Kaleb, OT, Washington (A)
Round 4 Pick 8: Alexander, Ed, DT, LSU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 11: Humphrey, Lil'Jordan, WR, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Tranquill, Drue, OLB, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Fanaika, Brandon, OG, Stanford (A)
Round 7 Pick 9: Linehan, Matt, QB, Idaho (B+)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 03:41 PM)Benton Wrote: Site gave it a C. I didn't think it was that bad, but there wasn't much available at OT or LB on the picks available. So it was more of a bpa with some need too . And there's not going to be an ot worth taking at 11, so my guess is well hopefully take a DL or a LB there.

Round 1 Pick 11: Ferrell, Clelin, DE, Clemson (A)
Round 2 Pick 10: Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa (B)
Round 3 Pick 8: McGary, Kaleb, OT, Washington (A)
Round 5 Pick 11: Humphrey, Lil'Jordan, WR, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Tranquill, Drue, OLB, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Fanaika, Brandon, OG, Stanford (A)
How on earth do they give every pick a B r better yet give it an overall C?  What kind of math is that?

I'm no expert by a long shot, but I think you did pretty well.  You didn't pick any position we couldn't use. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 06:02 PM)McC Wrote: How on earth do they give every pick a B r better yet give it an overall C?  What kind of math is that?

I'm no expert by a long shot, but I think you did pretty well.  You didn't pick any position we couldn't use. 

First-Pick tends to curve your grade up or down depending on how well you fill the team's needs, or rather their perception of your team needs.  Trading down for more picks is also a huge part of their grade, as well.

I think it's pretty solid provided we fill some holes in FA.  Ferrell is a great value and we need pass rushers.  Hockenson is a bit of a reach, but is probably a day 1 starter, so can't complain.  McGary could develop into a starter in a year or two.
Reply/Quote
I'm not big on Clelin Ferrell. I think he's missing the suddenness that would put him into that top tier end. Did Montez Sweat go after Ferrell?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I played the first pick, about 8 times in a row. It's a stingy bastard, when it comes to having whatever it deems to be your priority needs, listed in the best available each round. Oddly enough, for the Bengals it doesn't list LB as a priority need, until later in the draft, then OLB starts popping up.

They may want to work out some glitches in the "needs determination" department..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 06:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: First-Pick tends to curve your grade up or down depending on how well you fill the team's needs, or rather their perception of your team needs.  Trading down for more picks is also a huge part of their grade, as well.

I think it's pretty solid provided we fill some holes in FA.  Ferrell is a great value and we need pass rushers.  Hockenson is a bit of a reach, but is probably a day 1 starter, so can't complain.  McGary could develop into a starter in a year or two.

I was kind of surprised hockenson was still there. I'm thinking he goes at the end of the first, but I may be a little high in him. He seems like one of the better receivers.

(02-02-2019, 09:14 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not big on Clelin Ferrell. I think he's missing the suddenness that would put him into that top tier end. Did Montez Sweat go after Ferrell?

I like Ferrell. I think he'll be there at 11. Sweat was gone though. My preferences at dentist and olb we're already gone. I'm not seeing any ot or cb worth that high a pick. To me, it's got to be a DL or lb.

(02-02-2019, 09:20 PM)Bengal Wrote: I played the first pick, about 8 times in a row.  It's a stingy bastard, when it comes to having whatever it deems to be your priority needs, listed in the best available each round.  Oddly enough, for the Bengals it doesn't list LB as a priority need, until later in the draft, then OLB starts popping up.

They may want to work out some glitches in the "needs determination" department..

Agreed on the stingy part. And bpa. I like the site, but it doesn't reach much. That was the second one I did and no QBs in the first 11 picks. That's kind of surprising. 
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 06:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: First-Pick tends to curve your grade up or down depending on how well you fill the team's needs, or rather their perception of your team needs.  Trading down for more picks is also a huge part of their grade, as well.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised it graded it that low. Every round it offered a trade, but I was trying to keep it straight up.
Reply/Quote
Tried another one cause I'm bored in a hotel

Your score is: 28746 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 11: Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (K.C.): Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa (A-)
Round 2 Pick 32 (K.C.): Herbig, Nate, OG, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Prince, Isaiah, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 11: Austin, Blessuan, CB, Rutgers (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29 (K.C.): Alfieri, Joey, OLB, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Hall, Emanuel, WR, Missouri (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Huggins, Albert, DT, Clemson (A+)

Pretty sure as a pro defense guy, I'd be over the moon with that.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 12:36 AM)Benton Wrote: Tried another one cause I'm bored in a hotel

Your score is: 28746 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 11: Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (K.C.): Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa (A-)
Round 2 Pick 32 (K.C.): Herbig, Nate, OG, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Prince, Isaiah, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 11: Austin, Blessuan, CB, Rutgers (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29 (K.C.): Alfieri, Joey, OLB, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Hall, Emanuel, WR, Missouri (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Huggins, Albert, DT, Clemson (A+)

Pretty sure as a pro defense guy, I'd be over the moon with that.

What is puzzling is that in your first mock, it gave you a B for Hockenson in the 2nd, and then it turns around and gives you an A- for the same pick in the same round, in this draft.  When I was playing with it, I also noticed the trade offers, and also ignored them.  I do think that it "punishes" a player for not utilizing trades.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 11:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What is puzzling is that in your first mock, it gave you a B for Hockenson in the 2nd, and then it turns around and gives you an A- for the same pick in the same round, in this draft.  When I was playing with it, I also noticed the trade offers, and also ignored them.  I do think that it "punishes" a player for not utilizing trades.

Hah I hadn't even noticed that. Weird. Same player, same need, different grade.

But yeah, I think it must tabulate the picks as cumulative or something. One trade, very similar picks but it went up two letters.
Reply/Quote
There's no way this draft will happen.

Your score is: 29088 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 11: Bosa, Nick, DE, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 16 (MIA): Cajuste, Yodny, OT, West Virginia (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Tillery, Jerry, DT, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 3 Pick 14 (MIA): Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 8: Campbell, Parris, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 11: Alfieri, Joey, OLB, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Smith , Saivion, CB, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Bars, Alex, OG, Notre Dame (A+)
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 11:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What is puzzling is that in your first mock, it gave you a B for Hockenson in the 2nd, and then it turns around and gives you an A- for the same pick in the same round, in this draft.  When I was playing with it, I also noticed the trade offers, and also ignored them.  I do think that it "punishes" a player for not utilizing trades.

(02-03-2019, 12:23 PM)Benton Wrote: Hah I hadn't even noticed that. Weird. Same player, same need, different grade.

But yeah, I think it must tabulate the picks as cumulative or something. One trade, very similar picks but it went up two letters.

It has an internal big board and the picks seem to be graded on need and value on that big board.  He was taken with the 10th pick in the 2nd round in your original draft.  With the new one, you got him 19 picks, hence a better value and a higher grade.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 03:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: It has an internal big board and the picks seem to be graded on need and value on that big board.  He was taken with the 10th pick in the 2nd round in your original draft.  With the new one, you got him 19 picks, hence a better value and a higher grade.

Ah wasn't even thinking about the trade .Good point.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, and the offers are ridiculous so I don't take them either.  They wouldn't happen in real life.  Something like:  The Dolphins want to give you their pick at 13 for your pick at 11 and you gain their second rounder and third rounder.  Yeah, I think I would take that but it wouldn't ever happen. 
Reply/Quote