Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First tailgating since '06.
I went to at least one game a year from '06 to '14. My last game was the playoff loss to San Diego. I was moving and working on my house in fall of '15, and when I went to buy a playoff ticket like i did in '14 they were sold out. My dad died before the 16 season and in 17 I was dealing with a bad knee that made it VERY painful to do the walking required at a game. Since then they have been a hot mess that I have not cared to go to the cost and trouble to watch live.

But I will be there Thursday.

In 2006 I went with Joe From Florence, who was one of my main nemisis from the old board. We did some tailgating where I met BengalThing and Turk and some more I can't remember. But every year after that I stayed with a good friend of mine in Mason until I went straight to the game. I always parked in a garage in Newport and took the shuttle to the stadium. So no tailgating since '06.

This year I will be driving straight up from Tennesse before the game. I plan on getting there way before the game.

So any suggestions on where to hang before the game. Are the lots restricted to the people parking there?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I went to at least one game a year from '06 to '14. My last game was the playoff loss to San Diego. I was moving and working on my house in fall of '15, and when I went to buy a playoff ticket like i did in '14 they were sold out. My dad died before the 16 season and in 17 I was dealing with a bad knee that made it VERY painful to do the walking required at a game. Since then they have been a hot mess that I have not cared to go to the cost and trouble to watch live.

In 2006 I went with Joe From Florence, who was one of my main nemisis from the old board. We did some tailgating where I met BengalThing and Turk and some more I can't remember. But every year after that I stayed with a good friend of mine in Mason until I went straight to the game. I always parked in a garage in Newport and took the shuttle to the stadium. So no tailgating since '06.

This year I will be driving straight up from Tennesse before the game. I plan on getting there way before the game.

So any suggestions on where to hang before the game. Are the lots restricted to the people parking there?

You can't park in those lots, but you can definitely hang out in them. I'd get one of the hotels right across the river from the stadium in Covington... Park there, and you can just walk across the bridge.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I went to at least one game a year from '06 to '14. My last game was the playoff loss to San Diego.  I was moving and working on my house in fall of '15, and when I went to buy a playoff ticket like i did in '14 they were sold out. My dad died before the 16 season and in 17 I was dealing with a bad knee that made it VERY painful to do the walking required at a game. Since then they have been a hot mess that I have not cared to go to the cost and trouble to watch live.

In 2006 I went with Joe From Florence, who was one of my main nemisis from the old board. We did some tailgating where I met BengalThing and Turk and some more I can't remember.  But every year after that I stayed with a good friend of mine in Mason until I went straight to the game. I always parked in a garage in Newport and took the shuttle to the stadium. So no tailgating since '06.

I doubt they are restricted.  I've never had a parking pass and tailgated in main lots several times.  The Banks area between the two stadiums has a DORA area where you can have open containers outdoors on the streets.  Lots of good places to eat there, too.  I personally like Mainstrasse for my pregaming, then take an uber over the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge in time for kickoff.  I've walked it many times, too.  I believe there will be a pregame party for the ROH induction over at the new Icon Music Center lawn next to PBS.  Don't know if it costs anything, but I went to a concert there about a month ago and it was nice.  

I'm jealous.  It's the only game I can't make out of my season tickets due to having to be at work at 5:30 am and my son having a baseball game Thursday evening.  I'd try to have a beer with you if I was going.  Have fun.
Reply/Quote
I would gladly donate $100 to the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund for a video posted here of you and Brad doing shots together before the game.   ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I went to at least one game a year from '06 to '14. My last game was the playoff loss to San Diego. I was moving and working on my house in fall of '15, and when I went to buy a playoff ticket like i did in '14 they were sold out. My dad died before the 16 season and in 17 I was dealing with a bad knee that made it VERY painful to do the walking required at a game. Since then they have been a hot mess that I have not cared to go to the cost and trouble to watch live.

I remember Joe and Thing from the old boards. What ever happened to them? Does Thing still attend games?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I went to at least one game a year from '06 to '14. My last game was the playoff loss to San Diego.  I was moving and working on my house in fall of '15, and when I went to buy a playoff ticket like i did in '14 they were sold out. My dad died before the 16 season and in 17 I was dealing with a bad knee that made it VERY painful to do the walking required at a game. Since then they have been a hot mess that I have not cared to go to the cost and trouble to watch live.

In 2006 I went with Joe From Florence, who was one of my main nemisis from the old board. We did some tailgating where I met BengalThing and Turk and some more I can't remember.  But every year after that I stayed with a good friend of mine in Mason until I went straight to the game. I always parked in a garage in Newport and took the shuttle to the stadium. So no tailgating since '06.

I know parking under the banks is restricted to those with passes, but given the nature of the game being on a Thursday, I can't help but wonder if you got there early enough, you may be able to get in there.  It is great.  You take an elevator up and you literally pop up on the sidewalks of the banks.  

Love the Yard House, the Lager House (Morlein), and the Holy Grail.  They will fill up quickly, but if you get there early enough.

My dad and I are making the trip for this game.  Let my season tickets go three years ago after a divorce, but  my dad is 88 and while in great health, I don't know how many more chances I will have to do this with him.

Lastly, if you aren't getting there too early, I like this little lot off 3rd street, just a block east of the Reds stadium.  It gets me right out and on 71 to head home (north) and it only costs $15 (at least the last time I went).
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2006 I went with Joe From Florence, who was one of my main nemisis from the old board. 

there are people that dont like you?  shocking

enjoy the game
Reply/Quote
I always park under Great American Ballpark (access along the river). It's typically only $20 bucks and you can park close to the stairs that take you right up and out to the Banks. Hardly any walking from the car to the action.

I generally hit the Holy Grail, although it gets very crowded. You'll have plenty of options of places to hang, the Grail, Tin Roof, etc. Plus, I'm sure the main street will be hopping.

Enjoy yourself!
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 11:13 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I remember Joe and Thing from the old boards. What ever happened to them?  Does Thing still attend games?

Haven't seen an incarnation of BT.  Due to getting banned from the official forums, Joe went ot the other un-moderated (basically) Bengal Board.  It would not surprise me if he were here under a different name, though his unique brand of cynicism would be hard for him to hide.  hehe
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 10:18 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I would gladly donate $100 to the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund for a video posted here of you and Brad doing shots together before the game.   ThumbsUp

Excellent post and idea.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 10:18 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I would gladly donate $100 to the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund for a video posted here of you and Brad doing shots together before the game.   ThumbsUp

I would chip in myself. C'mon guys make it happen.
Reply/Quote
We typically park across the street from the UPS place on 3rd street under the railroad tracks. Easy to get back across the Clay Wade Bailey bridge into Kentucky. Plenty of tailgating in that lot or park/stay in Newport and ride the boat across. Wish I was going tonight. Should be a blast.
Reply/Quote

I hope you have a great experience. I parked in a lot off 3rd street that was right across from a Bengals lot. It was a little more expensive, but close for getting to the game and out of the game and on the road. There are also more lots down 3rd street past the bridge heading west that are a little cheaper also. Easy to head down the hill to the tailgate scene also.
Have fun
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
They are already starting in the Longworth lot. It is going to be a great crowd. Looks like there are fewer than 2000 tickets left and you know it is not Jags fans grabbing those tickets.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 09:59 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  I would chip in myself. C'mon guys make it happen.

Brad's not going to still be in his Speedo is he?
Reply/Quote

Joe from Flo, Turk, and Bengal Thing - those are some throwbacks right there. 

I tailgate quit often for games. Lot 1 is right by the stadium and is between 2nd street and Pete Rose Way.

I know Joe Goodberry (twitter guy) is also hosting a tailgate. It would prob be a good place to go:

https://twitter.com/bengaljims_BTR/status/1442992629797605377?s=20
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately I'll be getting there late tonight - right around kickoff.

I'll be with you in spirit Fred - and everyone else going. Beautiful night for football.

Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
lol.

It's game day and we'll be preparing to cheer on a victory in Prime Time, so I'd be willing to put aside our differences for tonight!

Still working on tickets because I was going to go and then decided against it but just decided to go again.  

A dude I play poker with online said his son wants to meet me (no clue how his son would even know who I am?), so now I'm thinking I need to go or else I'll feel like a dick.
(09-30-2021, 01:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Brad's not going to still be in his Speedo is he?

My speedo brings all the babes to the stadium!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 09:59 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  I would chip in myself. C'mon guys make it happen.

I am in for this as well. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 03:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol.

It's game day and we'll be preparing to cheer on a victory in Prime Time, so I'd be willing to put aside our differences for tonight!

Glad you were willing to do so.  Guess it didn't happen though.  Maybe next time.  :)

To Fred:  How was your game experience?  Hope you enjoyed it and found so people to tailgate with.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote