Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First three pics - roster shaping
(04-29-2023, 03:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I disagree.  Here is why:  Higgins isn't a #2 WR.  He is a #1.  A top 10 WR in the league.  That combination of him and Chase allows the offense to go cheaper on places like TE, and, hopefully, RB.  They made some great, affordable acquisitions on the offensive line (Karras, Cappa, Collins) and made one big move with Brown.

I just believe in this scoring league that favors offenses, having Tee and Ja'Marr together makes the Bengals unique.  The statement about making WRs better may be true (and TEs) but without enough time to throw, having those two  weapons helps Joe tremendously.  

Now that Burrow will have more time to throw, they could be absolutely lethal.  

Nice post SHRacer. I know that this way of doing things hasn't worked yet, but in todays NFL it surely could as long as Tee 
and Chase stay somewhat healthy we can win SB's with them unlike the other teams that have tried it. It could be the way 
other teams end up following in the future if they have 2 very special weapons like this.

I have understood other's opinions like TLL's though, but keeping our proven players is a great thing, Tee is proven.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 03:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And on Mixon/Trayveon  and RT.

Mixon at RT would be a disaster with his pass blocking!    Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 03:43 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And I said that earlier too. With a top 10 OL our Mixon worries and TE are solved.

Not really, as Mixon is a liability in pass protection.  Only Sample is much of a blocker.  Makes them predictable.  

Don't get me wrong, I want a top 10 offensive line, and I think they may finally have the formula, but I want Higgins and Chase, with cheap TE, RB, and slot WR to complement them.  

For people that think Chase is the automatic no-brainer to sign long term (which he is), look at the production for both in the playoffs and Super Bowl.   Higgins was awesome.  He needs to be extended.  
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post SHRacer. I know that this way of doing things hasn't worked yet, but in todays NFL it surely could as long as Tee 
and Chase stay somewhat healthy we can win SB's with them unlike the other teams that have tried it. It could be the way 
other teams end up following in the future if they have 2 very special weapons like this.

I have understood other's opinions like TLL's though, but keeping our proven players is a great thing, Tee is proven.

Exactly.  The Bengals would have won the Rams Super Bowl if one guard made one more block.  They could have gone all the way last year, IMHO, if they didn't lose Jonah, Cappa, and Collins in to the post season.

They have the right mix.  Just make small improvements to depth and to starting talent on the offensive line (Orlando Brown is someone none of us even dreamed of) and they will be right there and will win it all if they stay healthy.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 11:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not really, as Mixon is a liability in pass protection.  Only Sample is much of a blocker.  Makes them predictable.  

Don't get me wrong, I want a top 10 offensive line, and I think they may finally have the formula, but I want Higgins and Chase, with cheap TE, RB, and slot WR to complement them.  

For people that think Chase is the automatic no-brainer to sign long term (which he is), look at the production for both in the playoffs and Super Bowl.   Higgins was awesome.  He needs to be extended.  

Perine was the third down back in obvious passing downs. It’s a no brainer they are going to Chase or Higgins so the predictability is there regardless. And Perine had success on screens. When Samaje got here he wasn’t immediately thrown in to the role as third down back. They’d didn’t bring him in here because Joe was awful in pass pro. They originally wanted to limit Joe’s touches. They wanted him fresh through 17 games and when they got good the playoffs.

He’s going to be a casualty next year. There’s no way about it. And as you can see from our drafts we always have an eye on the next year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 10:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Mixon at RT would be a disaster with his pass blocking!    Hilarious

The conversation was about the draft speaks volumes that they weren’t looking to replace Higgins. I say the same for Mixon/Williams and the RT spot. They obviously felt good about their RB room and RT tackle spot. Zac and Callahan were asked. They confirmed it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 11:55 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The conversation was about the draft speaks volumes that they weren’t looking to replace Higgins. I say the same for Mixon/Williams and the RT spot. They obviously felt good about their RB room and RT tackle spot. Zac and Callahan were asked. They confirmed it.

It's not about replacing Mixon at this point.  It's about replacing Perine as a reliable 3rd down back who can get tough yards and not be a shit show in pass pro like Mixon.  Maybe Trayveon does that, maybe it's Chase Brown.  Until we see it unfold on the field, we're just left to trust them.  I'm a bit worried about 3rd down and the role of the back in pass pro, but it's not like Samaje was super-unique, either.  It's totally possible that one of these guys can step in.

It's a damn shame that your 12 million dollar running back has to get yanked off the field on 3rd down because he is either unable or unwilling to protect the most valuable player on the field in that or any offensive scenario.  It speaks very poorly to his character and ability as a football player.  He's had 6 seasons to figure it out.  He's a me first guy that wants stats and we may just be stuck with him for another year.  It will be awesome to watch 12 mil sitting there on the bench at critical points in the game because he's too prideful or stubborn to do his damn job.  Or maybe he's an expensive cheerleader.  I bet he'll be the richest Ben-Gal in team history.  

McKinnon barely made over a million last year.  Despite this, he was 15's personal protector.  Dude is tiny compared to Joe, yet super-effective.  He also scared the shit out of defenses as a check down when Mahomes feels the heat.  I hated playing that guy.  Joe can't do that for 12x that kind of jack.  Nobody is scared to play the Bengals because of Joe Mixon.  He only becomes a threat when the o-line is dominant, and it's only on 1st and 2nd down.  Shameful player when you consider that this team is trying to cash in on a Super Bowl window.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 11:50 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Perine was the third down back in obvious passing downs. It’s a no brainer they are going to Chase or Higgins so the predictability is there regardless. And Perine had success on screens. When Samaje got here he wasn’t immediately thrown in to the role as third down back. They’d didn’t bring him in here because Joe was awful in pass pro. They originally wanted to limit Joe’s touches. They wanted him fresh through 17 games and when they got good the playoffs.

He’s going to be a casualty next year. There’s no way about it. And as you can see from our drafts we always have an eye on the next year.

The fact that it's a "no brainer" to go to Chase or Higgins is why KC doubled both of them.  When Boyd went down, we had no option that could uncover quickly before Chris Jones bord down on Burrow.  Perine couldn't uncover quickly and they couldn't put Mixon in because he is a liability in pass protection.  

The selections of Charlie Jones and Chase Brown should help with this issue.  Brown will have to prove he can pass protect.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 11:55 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The conversation was about the draft speaks volumes that they weren’t looking to replace Higgins. I say the same for Mixon/Williams and the RT spot. They obviously felt good about their RB room and RT tackle spot. Zac and Callahan were asked. They confirmed it.

I think you missed the joke
Reply/Quote
Wink 
(05-01-2023, 09:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think you missed the joke

I was wondering about that.

Reply/Quote