Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish is cleared.....
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Fisher-cleared/8785e352-3d02-4c3e-99ab-5621598c13aa

Great news. Glad for the guy, let's hope he can get it together now. Having had heart problems in the past, I can fully understand his quote about being "tired mentally" when he was working out and practicing. I'm hoping big things are in store for him, not just because he's a Bengal, but because he seems like a solid guy....
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 12:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Fisher-cleared/8785e352-3d02-4c3e-99ab-5621598c13aa

Great news. Glad for the guy, let's hope he can get it together now. Having had heart problems in the past, I can fully understand his quote about being "tired mentally" when he was working out and practicing. I'm hoping bog things are in store for him, not just because he's a Bengal, but because he seems like a solid guy....

Yeah I am happy for him too. The wizard gave Fisher a new heart, now if he could only give Mike Brown a brain.
Reply/Quote
Anyone remember this from a couple of years ago?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/5/9/11643520/bengals-working-jake-fisher-at-center

It turns out Bengals offensive line coach Paul Alexander is looking at more than rookies to back up center after using six different centers this past weekend. Backup right tackle Jake Fisher is also snapping this offseason as the Bengals envision him being able to play all five line spots in a pinch.

"It’s like last year," Fisher said. "Whatever you can do to help the team."

Fisher won’t have to do what he did last year, when he switched his number from 74 to 44 to replace injured fullback Ryan Hewitt. But a 74 at center brings back memories. It was the number of Rich Braham, one of the best centers in club history who centered head coach Marvin Lewis’ first three teams and first division title.
Reply/Quote
Its a 2nd life for Fisher... and a new Coach... Lets see how it goes. Worst case scenario we can always use him as a TE again.. (I'm kidding)
Reply/Quote
fredtoast Wrote:Anyone remember this from a couple of years ago?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/5/9/11643520/bengals-working-jake-fisher-at-center

It turns out Bengals offensive line coach Paul Alexander is looking at more than rookies to back up center after using six different centers this past weekend. Backup right tackle Jake Fisher is also snapping this offseason as the Bengals envision him being able to play all five line spots in a pinch.

Fisher won’t have to do what he did last year, when he switched his number from 74 to 44 to replace injured fullback Ryan Hewitt. But a 74 at center brings back memories. It was the number of Rich Braham, one of the best centers in club history who centered head coach Marvin Lewis’ first three teams and first division title.

Good for Fish that he's ready to go.  I know that some want them to keep him at one spot so he can develop there but he really looks like a super sub on a good team.  If you can figure out the best 5 OL and keep them there, he can come in for any of them (hopefully).  If he's one of those top 5, so be it.  
Reply/Quote
Glad to hear that. Hopefully that means we only need to draft a LT and C in the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 01:28 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah I am happy for him too. The wizard gave Fisher a new heart, now if he could only give Mike Brown a brain.

LOL.  And Marvin some courage.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Happy for Fisher.
Hopefully he can solidify one of the OL spots now that he's cleared.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Fisher looked better than Ogbuehi, which is saying little...
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone remember this from a couple of years ago?

I saw ESPN’s fix for the Bengals suggest the best move is to put Fisher at C. I hadn’t really thought of him there, but it might be a good idea with as smart as he is. I’d like to see him go head to head with a 340lb NT before I jump in head first, though.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 05:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I saw ESPN’s fix for the Bengals suggest the best move is to put Fisher at C. I hadn’t really thought of him there, but it might be a good idea with as smart as he is. I’d like to see him go head to head with a 340lb NT before I jump in head first.

Tupou still on the roster right?
Reply/Quote
Great news. Hope he continues to bulk up and lock down that RT spot. Maybe get to try Andre at RG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
That is interesting. Bodine's biggest issues are inability to hold the point and constantly blocking the wrong guy when confronted with anything over really simple DL schemes. If Fisher can do those he could be a nifty Center.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 02:08 PM)phil413 Wrote:   I know that some want them to keep him at one spot so he can develop there but he really looks like a super sub on a good team.  If you can figure out the best 5 OL and keep them there, he can come in for any of them (hopefully). 

I felt like they might have been stunting his development his rookie year by having him play almost every position.  But he is a vet now.  he should be able to handle it.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 06:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Great news. Hope he continues to bulk up and lock down that RT spot. Maybe get to try Andre at RG

I think that was the original plan for last season but shit happened
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 06:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: That is interesting. Bodine's biggest issues are inability to hold the point and constantly blocking the wrong guy when confronted with anything over really simple DL schemes. If Fisher can do those he could be a nifty Center.

The first thing that I think of when considering Fisher at Center?  His build.  He's totally not built for lower body power, and controlling huge, powerful dudes in one on one situations.  He's long and lanky.  Tackle is his best chance, where all he needs to do is get the jump on the end, extend his arms and stay in front of him.  At Center, I fear he would get rolled up into a ball, and tossed aside.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 01:28 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah I am happy for him too. The wizard gave Fisher a new heart, now if he could only give Mike Brown a brain.

(02-23-2018, 03:04 PM)McC Wrote: LOL.  And Marvin some courage.

Calm down guys, It was only a dream.

(02-23-2018, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The first thing that I think of when considering Fisher at Center?  His build.  He's totally not built for lower body power, and controlling huge, powerful dudes in one on one situations.  He's long and lanky.  Tackle is his best chance, where all he needs to do is get the jump on the end, extend his arms and stay in front of him.  At Center, I fear he would get rolled up into a ball, and tossed aside.

Good point. Tall lanky guys can be toppled if hit up high or forced upwards. Like a pumpkin standing on toothpicks!

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The first thing that I think of when considering Fisher at Center?  His build.  He's totally not built for lower body power, and controlling huge, powerful dudes in one on one situations.  He's long and lanky.  Tackle is his best chance, where all he needs to do is get the jump on the end, extend his arms and stay in front of him.  At Center, I fear he would get rolled up into a ball, and tossed aside.

That is a good point, and essentially says Fisher would not be able to hold the point, which is vital to even decent Center play.
Reply/Quote
I loved the Fisher pick when we got him in the 2nd. Playing FB, Piano man's back up back up back up dont initiate contact blocking scheme, and the heart issue has shot down my hopes.

Anything we get from him i see as a bonus. Health allowing i think he could revive his career. Havent seen many heart condition IR comeback stories though.

I want new starting options at LT and RT from the draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 03:04 PM)McC Wrote: LOL.  And Marvin some courage.
Hilarious
Reply/Quote