Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish is cleared.....
Good news

Now hopefully he can prove his worth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I remember him looking competent in his last game - not necessarily great, but certainly competent. This is really good news to me because I think that with a little more functional strength and Pollack's tutelage, Fischer can be a good starter. 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The first thing that I think of when considering Fisher at Center?  His build.  He's totally not built for lower body power, and controlling huge, powerful dudes in one on one situations.  He's long and lanky.  Tackle is his best chance, where all he needs to do is get the jump on the end, extend his arms and stay in front of him.  At Center, I fear he would get rolled up into a ball, and tossed aside.

Feel the exact same way. I really think Fisher could be a good Tackle with Pollack working with him but not a Center.

Kind of why Pocic is not playing Center in the NFL, just too tall and lanky for the position in the pros.

To the OP, happy for Fisher as well. Could not judge him from last year after what he was going through and in his
rookie year i saw some good things and that was with him being moved all over the damn place. I have hope for Fish
unlike Og but who knows with a new OL coach and another year to bulk up and learn technique and to play to the
whistle he might also surprise. Doubt it but i guess it is possible.
Reply/Quote