Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fisher at RT?????
Why hasn't Fisher been tried at RT?

Is he worse than both Ced and Winston? What am I missing?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander has him making KFC runs during football games so he is limited.

Extra crispy or GTFO!
Reply/Quote
Some quick theories:
-he questioned Bodine once in a meeting room in front of Paul Alexander
-keeping him on the bench is more valuable because opposing defensive coordinators are forced to prepare for him as a possible receiving threat
-he was drafted after Ogbuehi, therefore it would take at least 6 seasons to pass him on the depth chart
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
Fisher is just insurance beyond the one year deals that Whit and Winston have. Under Marvin's hierarchy, experience gets the nod over him. I dont think he can even be judged at this point. He is kind of stuck where he is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Obviously they think Winston and Ced are better than him.
Reply/Quote
At this point can it hurt to try it. I thought Ced was always suited better as a LT anyway, at least that's what I remember from the draft, but im not the Piano Man aka "Offensive Tackle Whisperer", so my opinions don't matter.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't think he's nearly sturdy enough to play T, in the NFL. I guess they drafted him on the 5 year developmental program.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You have to believe that he would be playing if he were better. Which leads me to believe the team probably missed on two tackles, first and second round picks, last year. Dawson is now on the practice squad. You're looking at three of the first four picks being "misses".

Luckily Shaw jumped off that balcony in college and hurt his draft status. He may be the saving grace out of that draft class.
Reply/Quote
Has he surrendered any sacks playing LT? I haven't been paying that much attention to the left side.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 12:10 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Some quick theories:
-he questioned Bodine once in a meeting room in front of Paul Alexander
-keeping him on the bench is more valuable because opposing defensive coordinators are forced to prepare for him as a possible receiving threat
-he was drafted after Ogbuehi, therefore it would take at least 6 seasons to pass him on the depth chart
Nailed it   lol  all so true
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't think he's nearly sturdy enough to play T, in the NFL.  I guess they drafted him on the 5 year developmental program.

You mean the standard Bengals program? Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 11:53 AM)corpjet Wrote: Why hasn't Fisher been tried at RT?

Is he worse than both Ced and Winston?  What am I missing?

I'd say he's better than Ced and not as good as Winston.
Reply/Quote
I can't help but wonder if they won't start taking a look at Westerman and Fisher in some line alterations after the season is officially over....which probably means after the Buffalo game.

They need to give Fisher a shot at LT and move Whit inside, to see if he can sustain that spot and extend him a couple more years. Westerman needs to be tested to see if he can fill the void of Zeitler's likely departure. Boling could also be tried at RG if Whit goes to LG.

Bodine, unfortunately, isn't going anywhere and his pending competition will likely be one of the Bengal's three fourth round selections in 2017.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:35 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: At this point can it hurt to try it. I thought Ced was always suited better as a LT anyway, at least that's what I remember from the draft, but im not the Piano Man aka "Offensive Tackle Whisperer", so my opinions don't matter.

I think him playing LT would get Dalton killed.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 10:05 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I think him playing LT would get Dalton killed.

News flash!

He's already getting Dalton killed at RT. He was Johnny Footballs LT though.
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of moving Whit inside and seeing if we can get another year or two out of him......

I guess the answer to the original question is he isn't that good or moving him to RT would have been tried.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:35 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: At this point can it hurt to try it. I thought Ced was always suited better as a LT anyway, at least that's what I remember from the draft, but im not the Piano Man aka "Offensive Tackle Whisperer", so my opinions don't matter.

Agree that Ced most certainly is better suited for LT. 

But at this point do not think we can put Andy's life at risk with him blocking the  blindside. 

If Dalton is ailing ? Maybe we should try switching Ced to LT and starting AJM for a game just in case he sucks there too.

Just do not think at this point from what Ced has shown we can risk the demise of our starting QB. 

Guess they figure at RT at least Dalton can see it coming and brace for impact. By seasons end expect him to be just curling up in fetal position immediately after snap. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 12:05 PM)corpjet Wrote: I like the idea of moving Whit inside and seeing if we can get another year or two out of him......

I guess the answer to the original question is he isn't that good or moving him to RT would have been tried.....

He's ranked #2 Left Tackle in the game and will most likely be named to the Pro Bowl again... (hopefully no more Bengals will ever play in that useless game after Eifert). What makes you think he can't pull another year or two at LT?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's ranked #2 Left Tackle in the game and will most likely be named to the Pro Bowl again... (hopefully no more Bengals will ever play in that useless game after Eifert). What makes you think he can't pull another year or two at LT?

I hope none of them play in it. Pro Bowl is just a dumb irresponsible money grab by the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 10:14 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: News flash!

He's already getting Dalton killed at RT. He was Johnny Footballs LT though.

He was actually JF's RT. Ced didn't play LT until the 2014 season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote