Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Flacco Traded!
How has no one mentioned this?!

Quote:The Baltimore Ravens and Denver Broncos reportedly agreed to a trade in principle Wednesday that will send veteran quarterback Joe Flacco to Denver.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the trade cannot become official until the new league year begins March 13. Both teams are prohibited from commenting on the deal until then as well. The Ravens are receiving a fourth-round pick, according to ESPN's Jamison Hensley. That is the Broncos original pick of the fourth round, not the pick acquired in the trade of Demaryius Thomas to the Houston Texans, per Mike Klis of 9News.

Field Yates of ESPN broke down Flacco's contract, noting the salary cap implications for the Ravens:

First off, that's a lot of dead money to swallow (Shipping him out of town would accelerate his $8 million in signing bonuses for 2019 and 2020 onto their 2019 cap, so that $16 million dead money still remains; link).

Do they really think Jackson's the answer? The fans were booing him in the wild card game and his rushing style might have been ok last year but how long before the dude gets absolutely crippled and the Ravens are screwed?

They got a fourth round pick for him (apparently), but I still don't think it was a good move.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I posted it in Around the NFL minutes after it was announced.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Eh at this point Flacco=Keenum. Elway has not been great at his qb selections.

Broncos odds to win the super bowl didn’t move even a little.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 10:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: I posted it in Around the NFL minutes after it was announced.

My apologies.  I only looked in Smack Talk and AFCN Chatter because I figured those were two most likely spots for it to be.
Reply/Quote
Good move. I hope he does well in Denver.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 09:46 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Good move. I hope he does well in Denver.

Just well enough to beat the ravens.
Reply/Quote
Kinda surprised that they couldn't get more out of him, tbh. A 4th rounder for a SB winning QB is pretty weak.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:14 AM)Whatever Wrote: Kinda surprised that they couldn't get more out of him, tbh.  A 4th rounder for a SB winning QB is pretty weak.

His salary is way out of whack with his ability.  If the SB he won was the last one, that might matter.  What matters more is how far backward he's gone since he won that SB.  He has recently experienced both back and hip issues.  That 4th round pick is probably pretty much in keeping with his overall value.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 01:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: My apologies.  I only looked in Smack Talk and AFCN Chatter because I figured those were two most likely spots for it to be.

No problem man.....I was just noting that someone had mentioned it....lol.  I figured it would fit in Around the NFL due to the Broncos being involved.  Figured it might get moved.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The broncos finally got their "elite" QB. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:15 PM)Beaker Wrote: The broncos finally got their "elite" QB.  Hilarious

Pretty sure that Elway's taking advantage of that legal ganja  Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAOHilarious LMAOHilarious LMAOHilarious LMAOHilarious LMAO
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:15 PM)Beaker Wrote: The broncos finally got their "elite" QB.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 12:13 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Eh at this point Flacco=Keenum. Elway has not been great at his qb selections.

Broncos odds to win the super bowl didn’t move even a little.

I was going to joke that the Broncos' odds probably when down.

They did.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-flacco-trade-actually-made-the-broncos-super-bowl-odds-worse-for-2019/
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Typical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply/Quote
Who?
Reply/Quote
Elway is cementing himself has the greatest Bronco's QB in history on purpose.  He doesn't want a real QB there who might challenge and/or take away his All Time great stats he built there.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote