Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flacco is out...
...I wonder if that's good or bad. I liked Flacco as opponent, his flashes of incompetence sure were helpful throughout the years. I'm afraid of Jackson though, I fear he will run for 276 yards against the Bengals. So, confirm or ease my sorrow if you please.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If he runs a lot today I just hope we don’t get a slew of penalties bringing him down.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 10:11 AM)hollodero Wrote: ...I wonder if that's good or bad. I liked Flacco as opponent, his flashes of incompetence sure were helpful throughout the years. I'm afraid of Jackson though, I fear he will run for 276 yards against the Bengals. So, confirm or ease my sorrow if you please.

Flacco has cost the Ravens more than 1 game against us.  I would prefer to have his known underperformance than see a resurgence of the Bengals making stars out of opponent's rookie QBs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Desperate times call for desperate measures. This tells me that the Ravens already believe that their season is worthless, and are just going to pack it in and play for draft position.

If the Bengals and their coaching staff have even one ounce of predatory instinct in their blood, they need to go after the Ravens hard, from the get-go. And, they sure as hell better not flinch, when it comes time to step on the throat..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 10:11 AM)hollodero Wrote: ...I wonder if that's good or bad. I liked Flacco as opponent, his flashes of incompetence sure were helpful throughout the years. I'm afraid of Jackson though, I fear he will run for 276 yards against the Bengals. So, confirm or ease my sorrow if you please.

Bengals make backups and rookies look like sure fire HOFers. We are doomed as Jackson is both. Remember that backup rookie we played in the playoffs vs the Texans... we’re doomed.
Reply/Quote
We will get owned by Jackson but any QB w any talent will own this debacle of a D. I hope I am eating crow all game.
“Jackson, who has been used in specialty packages, gets his first extended action against a Bengals defense that has been historically bad. Cincinnati is the first defense to allow more than 500 yards in consecutive games in the Super Bowl era.”
Reply/Quote
It should be a GOOD thing.   A rookie in his first game.  NFL Network Sunday Announcers just said Jackson had bad moments in preseason. May not be up to QB this game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Wow, this is not good news, but hopefully it is Lamar rather than RPG III. RPG III has experience and still way better than many QBs out there. Many HCs & owners are probably biased because many still nowadays prefer the traditional QB that just throws rather than having a hybrid QB-RB quarterback. At least Lamar is new and hopefully is the ROSS type of player that comes with a treasure of issues and development needs.

I see the Ravens play RPGIII to hopefully trade him if he plays well.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping that the first 2 or 3 times Jackson thinks about running the ball he comes across Billings. Dunlap or Geno who hit him and hit him hard, Nothing dirty or anything. Just hit him hard enough to give him doubts about running with the ball again
Reply/Quote
Interesting. Will the Ravens start Lamar Jackson or RGIII? No matter who starts, Cincinnati will have to dedicate a linebacker as a spy on either of those guys.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote