Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flacco threw tantrum over Jackson
Reply/Quote
I understand Flacco getting heated up about it. I have serious doubts about any long term success from Jackson ? But in the same breath I don't think Flacco will see anymore real success either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Boy! You can almost feel the juggernaut oozing from Jackson in the coming years, eh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
[Image: FinishedFatalBighornsheep-size_restricted.gif]
Reply/Quote
LOL, reminds me of Major League when Charlie Sheen busted into the coaches office thinking he had been cut. But seriously, He had to have seen his role ending in Baltimore. Not sure why the shock and awe approach?

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 03:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I understand Flacco getting heated up about it. I have serious doubts about any long term success from Jackson ? But in the same breath I don't think Flacco will see anymore real success either.

Harbaugh had to get to the playoffs to save his job.  So they used the high school offense to get there and voila, job saved. 

The shocking thing, to me, was that once it was clear the Bolts had them figured out, that they didn't even try to use Flacco to win what was a winnable game almost right up to the end.  They didn't even have a plan B and didn't even seem to care.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't blame him, although I would mind sitting on the bench making $20 million or whatever and not getting my ass kicked.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 10:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't blame him, although I would mind sitting on the bench making $20 million or whatever and not getting my ass kicked.

There's a whole lotta truth in that!!  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 07:15 AM)McC Wrote: Harbaugh had to get to the playoffs to save his job.  So they used the high school offense to get there and voila, job saved. 

The shocking thing, to me, was that once it was clear the Bolts had them figured out, that they didn't even try to use Flacco to win what was a winnable game almost right up to the end.  They didn't even have a plan B and didn't even seem to care.

Ravens fans were stuck with: Steelers make the playoffs or Harbaugh returns. Ughhh. Coaching was atrocious and they did nothing to change up their game plan for round 2 against LA. LA said it: "we couldn't believe they were running the same exact game plan, we knew every play before it happened". At least the defense played amazing. 

As to the thread itself: shocked Flacco showed any emotion. Makes me doubt the story, but he's not a Raven anymore so I don't really care.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 10:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ravens fans were stuck with: Steelers make the playoffs or Harbaugh returns. Ughhh. Coaching was atrocious and they did nothing to change up their game plan for round 2 against LA. LA said it: "we couldn't believe they were running the same exact game plan, we knew every play before it happened". At least the defense played amazing. 

As to the thread itself: shocked Flacco showed any emotion. Makes me doubt the story, but he's not a Raven anymore so I don't really care.

So the big question for you guys becomes, Now what?  The defense will be stout, but what will the offense be?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 10:53 AM)McC Wrote: So the big question for you guys becomes, Now what?  The defense will be stout, but what will the offense be?

Ravens have a bunch of defensive guys not signed and already lost Weddle. Will they be stout? Will they bring back Mosely, Suggs, Pierce and others?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 10:53 AM)McC Wrote: So the big question for you guys becomes, Now what?  The defense will be stout, but what will the offense be?

Greg Roman offenses tend to be top rushing but bottom of the pack passing. I think it will be more of the same as last year, just hopefully with more thought into how to mix up the offense so that it's not predictable. 

I'm not sure if this was the right hire when we need to develop Lamar into a consistent passer. 

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 11:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Ravens have a bunch of defensive guys not signed and already lost Weddle. Will they be stout? Will they bring back Mosely, Suggs, Pierce and others?

When have they not been stout?

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 12:26 PM)McC Wrote: When have they not been stout?

Our worst defense in the last 10 seasons... the 2012 Super Bowl Champion team. 

Ranked 17th. We went from 17th to 10th the next season after losing Lewis, Reed, and Pollard.

2017 was 12th, every other season in that time was top 10. 

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 01:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Our worst defense in the last 10 seasons... the 2012 Super Bowl Champion team. 

Ranked 17th. We went from 17th to 10th the next season after losing Lewis, Reed, and Pollard.

Thank you.  All it takes to know that is a little bit of paying attention.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 01:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Our worst defense in the last 10 seasons... the 2012 Super Bowl Champion team. 

I don't recall saying the Ravens did not have good/great defenses over the years. I was just saying the Ravens have some key players leaving. Reed and Lewis left at then end of their careers, so not 25 year olds like Mosely for example. I saw Price was tendered so one has been taken care of. No doubt, the strength of the Ravens has always been defense, but huge difference from top 5 to 10 or worse if your offense is suspect. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 02:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

He makes a good point. 

Not sure that its worth getting arrested over, but a good point none the less. 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 04:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL, reminds me of Major League when Charlie Sheen busted into the coaches office thinking he had been cut. But seriously, He had to have seen his role ending in Baltimore. Not sure why the shock and awe approach?

I think he was expecting to see someone that was going to SHOCK and AWE him immediately to get his blessing. Right now Flacco IS better but..
 the Ravens are ready to go to their next chapter. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 12:26 PM)McC Wrote: When have they not been stout?

I never said their defense has not been the strength of the Ravens. But, I do recall AD lighting up the Ravens defense a few times and Bengals are not know as elite offense, like ever for a season. As for stout, I would say that suggests elite. Elite to me is top 10%, so 32 teams so top 4 in the league. Ravens are routinely in top 10 which is only top 75% of league, but rarely in top 4. They were in 2018, they were #1 so the question becomes with the losses will they be in top 4. It mat be a challenge, but again early and the additions and subtractions through FA and draft are not known.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 09:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't recall saying the Ravens did not have good/great defenses over the years. I was just saying the Ravens have some key players leaving. Reed and Lewis left at then end of their careers, so not 25 year olds like Mosely for example. I saw Price was tendered so one has been taken care of. No doubt, the strength of the Ravens has always been defense, but huge difference from top 5 to 10 or worse if your offense is suspect. 

You didn't say that, I was just adding on to McC's point that they find a way on defense while also finding the fact that their worst D in the last decade was their Super Bowl team.

Reply/Quote