Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flacco - why did we not sign him?
Flacco looks strange in a Browns uniform.But the Browns signed him. He looks 10X better than our back up QB's. Did Tobin miss the boat on signing Flacco who still proved he has a great arm today, just one huge mistake cost them against the Browns and he played most of game with no Cooper.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 10:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Flacco looks strange in a Browns uniform.But the Browns signed him. He looks 10X better than our back up QB's. Did Tobin miss the boat on signing Flacco who still proved he has a great arm today, just one huge mistake cost them against the Browns and he played most of game with no Cooper.

Jake Browning had a higher completion percentage and higher yards per catch than Flacco against one of the best defenses in the NFL in his very first NFL start.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 12:18 AM)pally Wrote: Jake Browning had a higher completion percentage and higher yards per catch than Flacco against one of the best defenses in the NFL in his very first NFL start.

I am using the eye test, Flacco will get Browns into playoffs with a lot worse WR group. I think Flacco in our offense with Tee, Jamar and Boyd could be explosive. I am hoping to see more arm strength against the Jags.

i just wonder why the Bengals felt a QB who had never started against an NFL team was given a cheap vet option against to compete once Joe was gone for the year.

Does Tobin and our FO want to win? Do they feel we could be a playoff team with no Burrow?

We will soon find out as Jags game is now a must win.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bengals took some big gambles this offseason, and backup QB was one of them. They were convinced Browning and Siemian were going to be just fined.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 10:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Flacco looks strange in a Browns uniform.But the Browns signed him. He looks 10X better than our back up QB's. Did Tobin miss the boat on signing Flacco who still proved he has a great arm today, just one huge mistake cost them against the Browns and he played most of game with no Cooper.

Bengals are too loyal to the guys that "have been here" and they don't do the 'hired gun' thing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

He also had plenty of his patented Flacco overthrows.. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 10:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He also had plenty of his patented Flacco overthrows.. 

True, but our backups don't have the arm strength to over throw 50+ yards downfield

Reply/Quote
The thread title asks a simple question.

And the simple answer is, because he stinks!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 09:12 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The thread title asks a simple question.

And the simple answer is, because he stinks!

Well, Browning is making me look bad and I love it.

Great 1st half

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 11:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well, Browning is making me look bad and I love it.

Great 1st half

Great 2nd half too. Happy we didn't sign Flacco now. Never liked the guy anyways.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great 2nd half too. Happy we didn't sign Flacco now. Never liked the guy anyways.

Yes, to add I have placed myself on GM probation. Browning looked a lot like Burrow, not JB, but not close to a scrub either.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 09:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, to add I have placed myself on GM probation. Browning looked a lot like Burrow, not JB, but not close to a scrub either.

It was impressive no doubt. Now let's see if he can have 2 great back to back games...

that will make me a true believer. The Colts aren't quite as good as the Jags, we will see. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It was impressive no doubt. Now let's see if he can have 2 great back to back games...

that will make me a true believer. The Colts aren't quite as good as the Jags, we will see. Smirk

Amen

Their D is better though - per most of the NFL D stats I researched.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 08:22 PM)Whacked Wrote: Amen

Their D is better though - per most of the NFL D stats I researched.

Ahh, thanks for that. Didn't know, haven't been able to watch a Colts game yet this year. I know they have some good players
on Defense, but they have some trouble stopping the run. Hopefully we see more of Chase Brown in this one with some big runs.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 03:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ahh, thanks for that. Didn't know, haven't been able to watch a Colts game yet this year. I know they have some good players
on Defense, but they have some trouble stopping the run. Hopefully we see more of Chase Brown in this one with some big runs.

NP at all. I was shocked they were rated better too (than Jax). I had no idea.

Agreed on the run game. Fingers crossed it works again !!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 04:25 PM)Whacked Wrote: NP at all. I was shocked they were rated better too (than Jax). I had no idea.

Agreed on the run game. Fingers crossed it works again !!

The Jags are actually top 5 in stopping the run, so we ran it well against a better run Defense.

But the passing game might not be as good from Browning which wouldn't be surprising, that was insanely good against the Jags.
Reply/Quote