Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flacco
(09-16-2015, 06:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The good news is you play a DL who stinks rushing the passer.

Mack, Tuck and Smith got no sacks against the Bengals OL since Hurst should have a good week and Joe should be able to carve up the Raiders just as AD did last week.

Yea, I'll be at my friend's kid's 1st b-day party so I won't get to see it, but I'm sure it'll be a good week for the offense to work out their kinks. 

(09-16-2015, 08:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Doesn't matter. Bengals were missing their top 4 receivers, RT and Burfict in Indy during the playoffs, but apparently that wasn't a good enough "reason" for them losing.

What does your argument with Blitz that the Bengals lost because of injuries have to do with me discussing mismatches that led to increased pressure in the Ravens week 1 game? You seem really hung up on trying to suggest that I am blaming the loss on this...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Next week will tell Raven fans if what happened was a fluke or a real issue.

The thing was in that game BOTH QBs were atrocious. Manning's throws had no real pop to them and both QBs were inaccurate all day.

I would think against a Raider team that lost both starting safeties this week Flacco will have a prime opportunity to look better. If he struggles again then maybe some concern.
Reply/Quote
Somebody say Flacco?

[Image: bert.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 09:05 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Somebody say Flacco?

[Image: bert.jpg]

[Image: d421f_ORIG-JoeFlacco.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: iHcWp.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nice final pass there, Joseph.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Great game from Flacco. Shame the defense had to blow it.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nice final pass there, Joseph.

He hit that Raider right in the chest.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Great game from Flacco. Shame the defense had to blow it.
Ravens could have pulled it out in OT if Flacco hadn't missed a wide open Smith in the end zone, though. Good showing spoiled by his inability to deliver in crunch time.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: Ravens could have pulled it out in OT if Flacco hadn't missed a wide open Smith in the end zone, though.  Good showing spoiled by his inability to deliver in crunch time.

I already said once that the missed TD has half on him, but his lob didn't make Smith not bring that second foot down in bounds. 

Either way, you usually don't blame the QB who gave his defense 33 points and told them that all they need to do is stop the Raiders once. 

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I already said once that the missed TD has half on him, but his lob didn't make Smith not bring that second foot down in bounds. 

Either way, you usually don't blame the QB who gave his defense 33 points and told them that all they need to do is stop the Raiders once. 

The blame certainly isn't all or even mostly on Flacco.  He played well for most of the game.  However,  he missed a TD throw that would have at least given them a shot in OT, and an incompletion on the play before that preserved enough time for the Raiders to march down the field for the winning score.  If the Ravens had tried to run the clock, they probably would have had a much better chance to win.  However, as bad as the D was, Harbaugh and Co felt they needed a TD, and they put it in Flacco's hands, and he did not deliver.  Some blame has to fall in his direction, too.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: The blame certainly isn't all or even mostly on Flacco.  He played well for most of the game.  However,  he missed a TD throw that would have at least given them a shot in OT, and an incompletion on the play before that preserved enough time for the Raiders to march down the field for the winning score.  If the Ravens had tried to run the clock, they probably would have had a much better chance to win.  However, as bad as the D was, Harbaugh and Co felt they needed a TD, and they put it in Flacco's hands, and he did not deliver.  Some blame has to fall in his direction, too.

Knowing how this team operates, Trestman picked that stupid 2nd down play that stopped the clock. It should be noted, though, that the TD only ensures that the Raiders have to make a TD to tie it. You have to have faith that your defense can come up with a stop. 

I'm more upset with the last drive before the half. Ravens have 7 seconds and 2 time out so they take a shot in the end zone. Smith gets held and tripped up as he is about to break coverage and a Flacco pass sails in the corner of the end zone with no one there to catch it. Refs make the correct holding call, but it's pointless as there's only 3 seconds left so the Ravens have to kick the ball. It's one of those situations where committing a penalty pays off and doesn't adversely affect your team, but it hurts the other team.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Knowing how this team operates, Trestman picked that stupid 2nd down play that stopped the clock. It should be noted, though, that the TD only ensures that the Raiders have to make a TD to tie it. You have to have faith that your defense can come up with a stop. 

I'm more upset with the last drive before the half. Ravens have 7 seconds and 2 time out so they take a shot in the end zone. Smith gets held and tripped up as he is about to break coverage and a Flacco pass sails in the corner of the end zone with no one there to catch it. Refs make the correct holding call, but it's pointless as there's only 3 seconds left so the Ravens have to kick the ball. It's one of those situations where committing a penalty pays off and doesn't adversely affect your team, but it hurts the other team.

Bad break for the Ravens there, sure. Still could have gone for the TD, but taking the points was probably the right call.
Reply/Quote
And we should remember that for most of the game Flacco was unpressured.

Let's see what happens next week against our defense. Historically Flacco has not lit it up against the Bengal D (last year 1 TD to 3 INT; 2013 3 TD 5 INT and so on).
Reply/Quote
If flacco plays the way he has these last 2 games the rest of the season, he'll end with over 5000 yards, 30 TDs and an 0-16 record lol

Reply/Quote
Congrats, Flactoid. You didn't cause the loss and you can still dink and dunk with the best of them!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If flacco plays the way he has these last 2 games the rest of the season, he'll end with over 5000 yards, 30 TDs and an 0-16 record lol
At least his yardage total will be elite.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:46 PM)6andcounting Wrote: At least his yardage total will be elite.

His haircut is pretty elite now

#0-3SilverLinings

Reply/Quote
At least Flacco has his music career to fall back on if the Ravens bottom out early.

[Image: Adam-adam-levine-29559498-500-243.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I expect that our coaches are ripping our defensive secondary new ones right now over the awful tackling - without which the game is a blowout. I doubt it happens again in our second meeting.
Reply/Quote