Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash To Play Games?
I accidentally deleted Flash from my computer so I haven't been able to play games.

I downloaded Flash Player but that doesn't appear to be the same thing.

Does anyone know how or where I can download Flash to get back to playing games?

THANKS!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 01:02 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I accidentally deleted Flash from my computer so I haven't been able to play games.  

I downloaded Flash Player but that doesn't appear to be the same thing.

Does anyone know how or where I can download Flash to get back to playing games?

THANKS!

I believe you need a Flash plug-in, but I don't know that for certain.  Check your browser plug-ins to see if it is available to you.  It might be there awaiting you to enable it.  FYI, Adobe has eliminated Flash and will no longer distribute or support it at years end.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wanted to ask; does that mean we can't play in the arcade anymore?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 11:00 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I wanted to ask; does that mean we can't play in the arcade anymore?

I was just playing Zombie Trailer park in the Arcade...
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 07:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was just playing Zombie Trailer park in the Arcade...

In the new year Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 10:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I believe you need a Flash plug-in, but I don't know that for certain.  Check your browser plug-ins to see if it is available to you.  It might be there awaiting you to enable it.  FYI, Adobe has eliminated Flash and will no longer distribute or support it at years end.

Where do I find the Flash plug-in
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 01:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Where do I find the Flash plug-in

I use Firefox, so under the hamburger (3 stacked dashes button) in the upper right, I can select Add-Ons, then Plug Ins.

A quick Google search will most likely provide instructions for whatever browser you use.

For Chrome, this popped up at the top:
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/how-to-enable-flash-chrome/
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 11:00 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I wanted to ask; does that mean we can't play in the arcade anymore?

So far as I know it will still continue to work; but you won't be able to download it anymore, and there will be no updates or patches moving forward.
Reply/Quote
Have to bring back this thread as the Arcade is gone and has been since the new year.

Is there any way of bringing it back? Loved the Arcade on this board. Cry
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 08:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have to bring back this thread as the Arcade is gone and has been since the new year.

Is there any way of bringing it back? Loved the Arcade on this board. Cry

I know!  I'll be getting a new Mac soon so no Flash Player won't be a problem!

I get bored a lot during the day and I'd love to have the arcade back!
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 09:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know!  I'll be getting a new Mac soon so no Flash Player won't be a problem!

I get bored a lot during the day and I'd love to have the arcade back!

Yeah, I cannot play in the Day very often but if I get a chance and some time I sure do love it.

Might have to talk to Holic or another Mod on this and see if we can bring back The Arcade.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 11:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I cannot play in the Day very often but if I get a chance and some time I sure do love it.

Might have to talk to Holic or another Mod on this and see if we can bring back The Arcade.

It is possible to replace the Flash games with HTML5 versions, but it would be a little time consuming and the biggest issue with the arcade was that is wasn't really used enough to make the switch worthwhile. It was similar to the chat box. People just didn't use it enough to keep it around. 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 11:23 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: It is possible to replace the Flash games with HTML5 versions, but it would be a little time consuming and the biggest issue with the arcade was that is wasn't really used enough to make the switch worthwhile. It was similar to the chat box. People just didn't use it enough to keep it around. 

Ahhh man. Cry

Thanks for the response though brother. Just really liked the Arcade. Thought it really put the Board over the top. Mellow
Reply/Quote