Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash
(10-24-2019, 02:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: could Gordon stay sober on an 0-7 team?

I can't when I watch them, so I doubt he could...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
An old aging WR who might be the most unreliable football player ever, sounds like a perfect fit for this 0-7 train wreck of a team lol. Might as well sign A.B. and sign Odell Thurman at LB.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 04:31 PM)lone bengal Wrote: An old aging WR who might be the most unreliable football player ever, sounds like a perfect fit for this 0-7 train wreck of a team lol. Might as well sign A.B. and sign Odell Thurman at LB.

And sadly they would still be better with these guys then they are now.
Reply/Quote
[Image: mp,840x860,gloss,f8f8f8,t-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then he sucks.

if Patriots can't get production from a player then we sure don't want him.

Seriously? The Pats talent versus the Bengals talent is not close to being on par. Just because he had injuries and competes against a better coached WR group does not mean we should just dismiss it without thought.

What would it cost us? Not much to sign him and check him out in 2019. The Bengals are a lousy team and should no stone unturned trying to add talent.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 06:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Seriously? The Pats talent versus the Bengals talent is not close to being on par. Just because he had injuries and competes against a better coached WR group does not mean we should just dismiss it without thought.

You completely missed my point.

If Pats have better coaches and QB then they have a much better chance of getting production out of him.  Your position is like saying that if the best race car driver can't win in a slow car then a driver who is worse than him might be able to.  It just doesn't make any sense.

And my comments were based on the assumption that he was healthy and not injured.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 01:47 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This team needs to get younger not older.

Gordon had talent, but also has so many issues, we have started to get away from those types and should keep that trend.

I dunno.. We were somewhat competitive back when the team was loaded with divas.. Well there was that one 4-12 season, but at least they gave us hope that they didn't suck as badly as they did. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You completely missed my point.

If Pats have better coaches and QB then they have a much better chance of getting production out of him.  Your position is like saying that if the best race car driver can't win in a slow car then a driver who is worse than him might be able to.  It just doesn't make any sense.

And my comments were based on the assumption that he was healthy and not injured.
But, but, but just look at the production they got from Ochocinco!  Ok, that has nothing to do with anything, but it almost seemed like a good argument for dummies..  Nervous

Has there ever been a player cut by another team or about to be cut for any reason that didn't result in a post here about why we should jump on it? 

Headline: Worst player ever (also about to have both legs amputated) about to be cut! 

There might have been a few, but I don't remember too many. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
"4) . . . COULD LAND A REBUILDING TEAM A DRAFT PICK
Why, you might be asking yourself, would a team like the Dolphins or the Bengals care about plucking Gordon off of waivers? The answer is simple enough: draft capital. Because Gordon is eligible to hit free agency this offseason, he's eligible to qualify for the league's compensatory pick formula.

If the Dolphins claim him on waivers and keep him for the season, they could let him walk this offseason, watch him sign elsewhere, and they may end up with a 2021 pick as a result. Even if it's a Day 3 selection, a half-season of Gordon (and his salary) would be worth it for a team at the bottom of the league and looking to rebuild through the draft."

https://sports.yahoo.com/looking-answers-why-patriots-didnt-152403021.html

Hell yes we at least think about it.  I believe he costs 1 mil.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2859634-if-josh-gordon-is-done-in-new-england-where-should-he-go-next

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:06 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: "4) . . . COULD LAND A REBUILDING TEAM A DRAFT PICK
Why, you might be asking yourself, would a team like the Dolphins or the Bengals care about plucking Gordon off of waivers? The answer is simple enough: draft capital. Because Gordon is eligible to hit free agency this offseason, he's eligible to qualify for the league's compensatory pick formula.

If the Dolphins claim him on waivers and keep him for the season, they could let him walk this offseason, watch him sign elsewhere, and they may end up with a 2021 pick as a result. Even if it's a Day 3 selection, a half-season of Gordon (and his salary) would be worth it for a team at the bottom of the league and looking to rebuild through the draft."

https://sports.yahoo.com/looking-answers-why-patriots-didnt-152403021.html

Hell yes we at least think about it.  I believe he costs 1 mil.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2859634-if-josh-gordon-is-done-in-new-england-where-should-he-go-next

really cant hurt if he can get on the field dude has talent..
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The same Dalton who had Ross in the Buffalo and Pitt games.

Look, NE has much better coaching an QB than us.  They were so desperate for production from a WR that they gave up a 2nd round pick for Sanu.  So why the hell would we want a WR who could not produce for the Pats?

And especially "No" if he has been lying about being injured.

For Sanu?
BB tried to get him when he was a FA, he loves him some Sanu.  NE gets him for rest of this year and nice $6.5 mil for next year.

Falcons aren't going anywhere and Sanu is expendable now because of Calvin Ridley.

Gordon catch rate ~50%
Sanu catch rate ~70%

That catch rate is a big reason why Gordon's out and Sanu's in.

EDIT:
PS I remember a guy named Chad Johnson that produced here, but not there...
Reply/Quote