Poll: Do you want the Bengals to accept this Trade?
No
Yes I'm high on crack
I just peed myself from laughing at that trade.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers hypothetical trade
Cam Newton + Christian McCaffrey +7th overall pick swap for Joe Burrow.
By the way this came from Clay Travis; I find this trade ridiculously stupid but felt that the message board should be allowed to laugh at it as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I couldn't come up with a better way of saying it but

HARD PASS
Reply/Quote
Would you take a 77 Pinto, 80 Pacer, and a 87 Yugo

Or a brand new Ferrari ?

Let me think Hmm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well Cam and AJ could hang out on the rehab field I guess
Reply/Quote
McCaffrey is a proven NFL level player who has to be in the MVP conversation. He is flat out dynamic and a guy you must game-plan for as a RB and WR and anything else they use him for and anyone thinks that a team would trade that talent for an unproven draft pick?

To laugh at this trade, I'm assuming you are laughing from the side of the Panthers because if the Bengals get offered this deal with a 1st round pick coming back only 6 spots lower, you have to really think long and hard about it. Who gives a damn who is under-center as long as he can manage a game with Mixon and McCaffrey behind him split. That is a nightmare.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 01:19 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: McCaffrey is a proven NFL level player who has to be in the MVP conversation. He is flat out dynamic and a guy you must game-plan for as a RB and WR and anything else they use him for and anyone thinks that a team would trade that talent for an unproven draft pick?

To laugh at this trade, I'm assuming you are laughing from the side of the Panthers because if the Bengals get offered this deal with a 1st round pick coming back only 6 spots lower, you have to really think long and hard about it. Who gives a damn who is under-center as long as he can manage a game with Mixon and McCaffrey behind him split. That is a nightmare.

McCaffrey and Mixon would play together for one season at best.

Pass on this trade 10 times out of 10.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:02 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: McCaffrey and Mixon would play together for one season at best.

Pass on this trade 10 times out of 10.

I'd say no because I dont trust our medical staff passing Cam's physical
Reply/Quote
Wow, you guys are really drinking the Joe Burrow kool aid ... You do realize that the OP said Christian McCaffrey, right? The guy that just had a historic NFL season, finishing with 1300 yds rushing AND 1000 yds receiving? And a top-5 MVP vote getter? 2nd in voting for offensive player of the year? 2 time All Pro? In his third season? Just 23 years old? Currently the most dynamic offensive player (non-QB) in the NFL? Plus a QB who's 5 years removed from his own MVP award AND the 7th pick? All for a QB who's had a single year of success in college but hasn't yet thrown an NFL pass? C'mon, man! There's no way in hell the Panthers offer McCaffrey for Burrow, much less McCaffrey and No. 7 (Cam is basically a worthless throw-in, I expect them to cut him anyway ...). But if they did make this offer, we'd be crazy not to consider it.
Reply/Quote
No thanks. We already have Mixon and Newton stinks.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 06:19 PM)shanebo Wrote: Wow, you guys are really drinking the Joe Burrow kool aid ... You do realize that the OP said Christian McCaffrey, right?  The guy that just had a historic NFL season, finishing with 1300 yds rushing AND 1000 yds receiving?  And a top-5 MVP vote getter?  2nd in voting for offensive player of the year?  2 time All Pro?  In his third season?  Just 23 years old?  Currently the most dynamic offensive player (non-QB) in the NFL?  Plus a QB who's 5 years removed from his own MVP award AND the 7th pick?  All for a QB who's had a single year of success in college but hasn't yet thrown an NFL pass?  C'mon, man!  There's no way in hell the Panthers offer McCaffrey for Burrow, much less McCaffrey and No. 7 (Cam is basically a worthless throw-in, I expect them to cut him anyway ...).  But if they did make this offer, we'd be crazy not to consider it.

His team finished 5-11, he can't "save the world" all by himself.  Football is a team sport, it takes 10 others on the field at the same time, working together, in order to win.

So, what if McCaffrey did come here, with our crappy OL, and no QB worth speaking of?  History shows that most RBs that have mega years like that, either experience a drop or an injury the following year, anyway.  And, if he does stay healthy and productive, are the Bengals going to award him that $20M/per deal that he's worth?  I think not..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Since we are being hypothetical, take the trade. Then trade Cam and Dre K to Washington for #2 and pick up Young. Trade AD and Glen to Chargers and pick up Herbert in the 6th. Pick Simmons with the 7th.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: His team finished 5-11, he can't "save the world" all by himself.  Football is a team sport, it takes 10 others on the field at the same time, working together, in order to win.

So, what if McCaffrey did come here, with our crappy OL, and no QB worth speaking of?  History shows that most RBs that have mega years like that, either experience a drop or an injury the following year, anyway.  And, if he does stay healthy and productive, are the Bengals going to award him that $20M/per deal that he's worth?  I think not..

Actually, he kinda did "save the world" all by himself -- he WAS Carolina's entire offense, accounting for 19 of their 38 TDs and 40% of their total yards.  He was 170 yards shy of being their leading receiver as well as their leading rusher.  All with an OL almost as bad as ours (Trai Turner and a bunch of scrubs) and QBs (and WRs) far worse than ours (Kyle Allen?  Will Grier?).  Not to mention the fact that they fired their head coach Rivera after 12 games and essentially tanked the last 4.  

Let's say you make this trade.  Franchise AJ.  Use 1-7 on Simmons and 2-1 on the best O-lineman.  Trade Mixon for a 2nd (BTW, saying we have Mixon, we don't need McCaffrey is like saying we have Dalton, we don't need Brady ...), trade Dalton for whatever you can get; use those picks and the rest of the draft to upgrade the D.  If Cam is healthy and our coaching is semi-competent, we're competing for the playoffs next year.

And if we're talking history ... history has shown that approximately half of the 1OA draft picks make the pro bowl, and only 12/84 are HOFers.  McCaffrey is already a pro-bowler (and all pro), and is on track for the HOF.

The only concerns with McCaffrey (as opposed to any other NFL player) is (a) low shelf life for RBs (maybe 5-7 more years at best?) and (b) he's only under contract through 2020, with a team option for 2021.  After that, he'll want Zeke money, at the very least ($15 mil/yr).  But Mikey B will pay to keep his own ... So yeah, if Carolina is dumb enough to do this deal (and let's not kid ourselves -- they're not...), I'd be all over it.  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 01:19 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: McCaffrey is a proven NFL level player who has to be in the MVP conversation. He is flat out dynamic and a guy you must game-plan for as a RB and WR and anything else they use him for and anyone thinks that a team would trade that talent for an unproven draft pick?

This operates under the assumption that our coaching staff would know how to use McCaffrey or McCaffrey and Mixon. Considering how poorly our current coaching staff used Mixon and Gio, I would not put much stock in a McCaffrey/Mixon backfield.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote