Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flex games
What week do they start flexing games? What game or games are mostly likely to be flexed if any? Chargers game? Ravens? Just curious what everyone thinks. I am getting tickets for me and my wife for her birthday. Would love it to be a night game ?
Reply/Quote
Depending on records I would guess it could be Chargers week 13, Ravens week 16 or Chiefs week 17.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's the current Sunday Night Schedule - https://www.nfl.com/schedules/sunday-night-football/

There's a run of solid games. If Russ isn't back, I could see the 12/5 49ers/Seahawks game as a prime candidate to be flexed out for Bengals/Chargers. Although I'd prefer to keep that at 1:00 to get the full advantage of a west coast team having to come east.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:08 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Here's the current Sunday Night Schedule - https://www.nfl.com/schedules/sunday-night-football/

There's a run of solid games. If Russ isn't back, I could see the 12/5 49ers/Seahawks game as a prime candidate to be flexed out for Bengals/Chargers. Although I'd prefer to keep that at 1:00 to get the full advantage of a west coast team having to come east.

Good point!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Depending on records I would guess it could be Chargers week 13, Ravens week 16 or Chiefs week 17.

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
The Chargers game on December 5th is gonna get flexed into prime time. The Chargers have a cakey schedule between now and then and you could reasonably expect them to be 8-3. The Bengals also look better than everyone else they play between now and then and 8-3 wouldn’t surprise me there either.

The league would be smart to move that matchup (with the added Burrow vs. Herbert narrative) to prime time in favor of the 49ers/Seahawks who could easily both be out of the playoff race at that point.

Like others have said…I’d rather keep it at 1:00 though…
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:31 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: The Chargers game on December 5th is gonna get flexed into prime time. The Chargers have a cakey schedule between now and then and you could reasonably expect them to be 8-3. The Bengals also look better than everyone else they play between now and then and 8-3 wouldn’t surprise me there either.

The league would be smart to move that matchup (with the added Burrow vs. Herbert narrative) to prime time in favor of the 49ers/Seahawks who could easily both be out of the playoff race at that point.

Like others have said…I’d rather keep it at 1:00 though…

As much as i hate the Bengals playing on Sunday night--with their abysmal record then--as well as the extra wait...that would be a sweet game for a nationally televised prime-time game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:34 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As much as i hate the Bengals playing on Sunday night--with their abysmal record then--as well as the extra wait...that would be a sweet game for a nationally televised prime-time game. 

Yeah, maybe I’m on board. The excitement would be through the roof if both teams keep winning. The more I think of it, the more I’d like to see another Bengals “event-level” game this year rather than the standard Sunday afternoon routine.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:44 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Yeah, maybe I’m on board. The excitement would be through the roof if both teams keep winning. The more I think of it, the more I’d like to see another Bengals “event-level” game this year rather than the standard Sunday afternoon routine.

Yep. Burrow vs Herbert. I'm much less hesitant with Burrow in these situations as i have been with past QBs, let alone how well the entire team is playing. 

The hype train would be more intense than Doc Brown rolling towards Shonash Ravine in locomotive 131. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This is NOT the old Bengals. They live for the big stage. Flex every game to Primetime
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This is NOT the old Bengals. They live for the big stage. Flex every game to Primetime

Agree. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This is NOT the old Bengals. They live for the big stage. Flex every game to Primetime

Yep.  When the leader of your team lights it up in the National Championship Game it doesn't get much bigger than that.  I think ole' Cool Joe welcomes the spotlight.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:19 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Thanks!

its a great feeling now that I dont see any team in the league we cannot stand toe to toe with. Im now convinced we are not watching fools gold Bengals. They are the "real deal Elijah Holyfield" ( is he stil on PS?) IDK
Also, do not forget we did beat the Titans last yr with all our injuries etc. for one of our few Wins.   
Reply/Quote
NFL Network yesterday referred multiple times to the Bengals/Ravens being the "matchup of the day", both during and after the game. Considering the crappy SNF game last night, I'm betting some network people were wishing the Bengals/Ravens weren't relegated to a day game, and only for a small pocket of the country to even watch. If the Bengals keep winning, I could see a couple of them being flexed in to night games. There are a few solid SNF matchups the rest of the year, but several I wouldn't think would be a big deal to flex out.
Reply/Quote
I decided to go with the Chargers game ? Who Dey!!
Reply/Quote