Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Flip a Coin celebration
Our celebration guru Chad Johnson is asking for a Bengals player to have a "flip a coin" celebration after they score. And call tails!

That would be freaking hilarious! and a snarky FU to the NFL too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I like it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll be disappointed if the team hasn't thought to do this tbh. Great idea.
Reply/Quote
Trent Taylor does backflips. Have him shand in front of whomever scores. That person does a coin flip gesture, Taylor flips.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
They have to do this.
Reply/Quote
I would imagine there would be a made-up personal foul on the extra point try....
Reply/Quote
That would be freakin' EPIC!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Yeah. Whoever scores the TD has to run over to a teammate, who pulls an imaginary coin out of their pocket. They flip the coin while the TD'r stands there anticipating the outcome. Then the coin flipper looks at their hand, looks at the other player and throws their hands up, signaling a Tooooouch doooooooooooooowwwnnnnnnnn!

EDIT: NO, WAIT!!! After scoring the TD, the player has to look at a couple different teammates, who shrug their shoulder like, 'i don't know'. THEN they do the coin flip thing.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 03:15 PM)pally Wrote: Our celebration guru Chad Johnson is asking for a Bengals player to have a "flip a coin" celebration after they score.  And call tails!

That would be freaking hilarious! and a snarky FU to the NFL too

Save it for the Lombardi. When Goodell goes to hand it over, Taylor flips a coin...looks down, gives a thumbs up, then accepts the trophy.  
Reply/Quote
Call off every game when someone gets injured. Broken bone? We have to grieve.. Sprained ankle? OMG! We can't handle that! Hemorrhoids? Someone's truly butt hurt! Where's their justice? If the Bengals start losing big to Baltimore someone should just drop over and play dead and claim some kind of brain injury..Let the league stick that in their pipe and smoke it.
Think about the precedents being set here, not just in sucky scheduling and elimination of seeding possibilities for just one team, but now any injured player can claim favoritism towards the Bills and Hamlin in particular.. Not trying to pick on the kid, but this certainly wasn't the first serious injury, not the first life threatening incident and damned sure won't be the last and if the league can screw the Bengals they can screw any team for any reason just because the owners don't like something.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The crowd would go bananas and it would be the greatest F U to Gooddell. If they find them, say, “you didn’t follow the rules, I’m not following them either” and don’t pay
Reply/Quote
I think every fan in the stadium should flip off the NFL. I volunteer to lead.
Reply/Quote
ESPN has a front-page article titled: "Sources: Bengals livid coin might take away home-field edge;

Here is the money quote: "The league told Cincinnati it should be happy it has been declared the AFC North winner, but the Bengals were furious the rules were changed on the fly and their playoff path intentionally altered."

T"he Cincinnati organization feels as if the Ravens have been given enhanced opportunities that the Bengals were not and believes it has been treated unfairly by the league. Cincinnati voted against the new playoff scenario that other NFL owners approved on a Zoom call Friday.  The Bengals not only voted no but also voiced their intense opposition to the league -- to no avail"

"The proper process for making rule change is in the off-season," Blackburn wrote. "It is not appropriate to put teams in a position to vote for something that may introduce bias, favor one team over another or impact their own situation when the vote takes place immediately before the playoffs."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35399525/sources-bengals-livid-coin-take-away-homefield-edge
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: ESPN has a front-page article titled: "Sources: Bengals livid coin might take away home-field edge;

Here is the money quote: "The league told Cincinnati it should be happy it has been declared the AFC North winner, but the Bengals were furious the rules were changed on the fly and their playoff path intentionally altered."

T"he Cincinnati organization feels as if the Ravens have been given enhanced opportunities that the Bengals were not and believes it has been treated unfairly by the league. Cincinnati voted against the new playoff scenario that other NFL owners approved on a Zoom call Friday.  The Bengals not only voted no but also voiced their intense opposition to the league -- to no avail"

"The proper process for making rule change is in the off-season," Blackburn wrote. "It is not appropriate to put teams in a position to vote for something that may introduce bias, favor one team over another or impact their own situation when the vote takes place immediately before the playoffs."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35399525/sources-bengals-livid-coin-take-away-homefield-edge

Absolutely NO REASON to follow NFL rules next season.  Begin with wearing whatever special uniform and helmet combo we want.  Opponent team's owner has to buy a ticket and sit in the stands if they want to watch the game, no free suite.  I'm sure we can come up with many more ideas.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: ESPN has a front-page article titled: "Sources: Bengals livid coin might take away home-field edge;

Here is the money quote: "The league told Cincinnati it should be happy it has been declared the AFC North winner, but the Bengals were furious the rules were changed on the fly and their playoff path intentionally altered.

Basically that echos the sentiment expressed by Ian Rapoport on NFL Now yesterday. He essentially said “the Bengals vote against everything why should this be any different “

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 06:21 PM)phil413 Wrote: Save it for the Lombardi. When Goodell goes to hand it over, Taylor flips a coin...looks down, gives a thumbs up, then accepts the trophy.  

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Smirk

Cool
Reply/Quote
The stadium was pretty loud with boos during the opening flip.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Chad said he will pay the fines.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:15 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I think every fan in the stadium should flip off the NFL.  I volunteer to lead.

I think a disgusting chant would have more of an impact. 

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote