Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flood Cars
There are millions of cars down south that were damaged from the flooding. No doubt A lot of them will be heading up north here. If your looking to buy a used car in the near future, keep this in mind and check it out good.!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 04:57 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: There are millions of cars down south that were damaged from the flooding. No doubt A lot of them will be heading up north here. If your looking to buy a used car in the near future, keep this in mind and check it out good.!

Good advice.  There are some shady things that go on with creating a "clean title", so even a Carfax can be very deceiving.

Might be worth the extra money to get certified used from a dealer, but those can sometimes be lemons, too (but at least they are under extended warranty).

I'd recommend on used cars looking for one owner, the original buyer, who was local (i.e. not previously owned where there's been flooding).  Not sure if the "clean title" trick can fake that or not.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
A car that's been flooded might turn out ok IF all the water is out, but the problem is hidden water that gets up in places where it won't drain out. It will definitely cause electrical shorts in certain areas, but also rust on down the road if left to sit. You'll probably want to change the interior,  carpets, seats, etc.
The better deal with flooded cars is likely in parts.I'm not sure I'd trust one that's been fully submerged. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote