Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Florida Schools to Tell Kids Slavery Benefited Black People
(07-23-2023, 05:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-panelist-vp-harris-completely-made-up-florida-slavery-curriculum-claim

Gee, even far left liberal news CNN sees this as 100% made up.

It is the go to for liberals...Conservatives are racist bigots and religious fanatics.

Democrats can't run on the Biden economy, the handling of Covid was a disaster, trade deficit has increased with China, Biden pull out of troops in Afghanistan was disaster. Add in Biden's suspicion of taking a bribe and the man looks unstable physically and mentally. The defund the police is a disaster. The war on crime in liberal cities and states has created more crime and same individuals doing same crimes over and over again. The border is open except where Trump built the wall and Texas put up barriers. Same barriers Biden wants taken down so more illegal immigrants can enter daily/

So it is easy to see attack Trump and all conservatives as the main tactic, they sure can't run on Biden policy.

No.

The far left Communist News Network has a conservative Republican panelist, who did not reflect the consensus of the panel he was on.

How come the murder rate is falling in so many major cities https://news.yahoo.com/why-murder-rate-dropping-172507113.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
Under the "Biden economy" which has given us the greatest measure of energy independence in 70 years (gave you that Forbes link yesterday).

Defund the police is not on Biden. Who is "defund the FBI" on? 

Trump looked awfully stable at his town hall, continuing to defame his rape victim on national television, bringing on yet another suit from the victim. There's a guy with his wits about him.

He ignored the COVID threat because it was "China's fault." He's the biggest reason why, by 2021, most of the people under intensive care in COVID wards were the unvaccinated. You want that guy protecting America again? 

All this becomes plain when you step outside the RWEC. Take the plunge. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2023, 07:01 PM)Dill Wrote: He ignored the COVID threat because it was "China's fault." He's the biggest reason why, by 2021, most of the people under intensive care in COVID wards were the unvaccinated. You want that guy protecting America again? 

Trump is a fool.  He could have declared covid an attack by China, and sold a billion "TRUMP 2020" masks. 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2023, 08:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump is a fool.  He could have declared covid an attack by China, and sold a billion "TRUMP 2020" masks. 

Not if it's not his fault. 

If China started it, and it spread to the U.S., why is it the president's problem, hunh?

He's got to campaign . . . . 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2023, 09:22 PM)Dill Wrote: Not if it's not his fault. 

If China started it, and it spread to the U.S., why is it the president's problem, hunh?

He's got to campaign . . . . 

The guy makes money off of convincing people that danger is coming, and then something that actually ends up killing over a million Americans comes via a country he's already demonizing and decrying and he decides this is one thing he's going to declare "no big deal" and not turn into a threatening golden goose.  What a businessman. 

He couldn't even do the right thing for the wrong reason.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2023, 10:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The guy makes money off of convincing people that danger is coming, and then something that actually ends up killing over a million Americans comes via a country he's already demonizing and decrying and he decides this is one thing he's going to declare "no big deal" and not turn into a threatening golden goose.  What a businessman. 

He couldn't even do the right thing for the wrong reason.

So glad you were not among his advisors, because I think his eyes would have lit up at your idea of how to manage

the pandemic, make big bucks, AND get re-elected. 

I confess I think that might have worked.  MAGA masks with a big black circle and slash across the Chinese flag.

Everyone gets vaccinated to show China their little plot didn't work. Vaccination stations at Trump rallies. Anti-China Trump bandaids for children. 

Posters with Trump in a cape, stamping on softball sized models of the virus. 
Reply/Quote
Only the best people.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
The corpses of the WW2 veterans are barely cold in the ground before the GOP starts bitching about Jews and preaching the joys of authoritarianism. Outstanding.
Reply/Quote
Right-wing propagandist PragerU has had their children's video curriculum approved for use in Florida Schools. Another notich in conservative indoctrination in DeSantis's belt

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 11:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Other than people being quoted being upset, I didn't see that anywhere in the article where it talked about slavery benifitting black people other than the part of the story where they talked to the Education Chancellor and the article said: He denied the new standards portray slavery as beneficial.

I still would never want to move to Florida, and they sure sound like they're doing some trash things to their education down there that certainly should be worrying, but this article seems like clickbait tabloid garbage unless there's something in there I am missing. The meat of the story that actually seems like it has some factual backing to it is about some riot in 1920, which does sound troubling but has nothing to do with the title or this thread.

That's exactly what it is. But look at the sheepole that lined up to jump right on board. The media has them trained. Who cares what the truth is, roll with your agenda. 

It sickens me
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 11:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Other than people being quoted being upset, I didn't see that anywhere in the article where it talked about slavery benifitting black people other than the part of the story where they talked to the Education Chancellor and the article said: He denied the new standards portray slavery as beneficial.

I still would never want to move to Florida, and they sure sound like they're doing some trash things to their education down there that certainly should be worrying, but this article seems like clickbait tabloid garbage unless there's something in there I am missing. The meat of the story that actually seems like it has some factual backing to it is about some riot in 1920, which does sound troubling but has nothing to do with the title or this thread.

Yeah, its in the actual instructions as I quoted here:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Florida-Schools-to-Tell-Kids-Slavery-Benefited-Black-People?pid=1371858#pid1371858
Reply/Quote
Whiles "discussing" the events in Florida education FOX's "comedian" made the following comment.

This is why we need to teach history and not gloss it over...even if it makes you feel bad.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 08:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Whiles "discussing" the events in Florida education FOX's "comedian" made the following comment.

This is why we need to teach history and not gloss it over...even if it makes you feel bad.

Everyone already knows the part about how the Jews were put to death in the cruelest of ways.  Perhaps Gutfeld was simply pointing toward the resourcefulness and heroism of the percentage of the German-Jewish population that didn't die?

We can all read the same words, and also get many different interpretations of the meaning and intention of those words.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 08:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Everyone already knows the part about how the Jews were put to death in the cruelest of ways.  Perhaps Gutfeld was simply pointing toward the resourcefulness and heroism of the percentage of the German-Jewish population that didn't die?

We can all read the same words, and also get many different interpretations of the meaning and intention of those words.

Within the context of "was slavery beneficial for the slaves?"...no.  

Saying the "useful" Jews survived is slightly more than unacceptable and I'm not sure how anyone "reads" it as anything else then downplaying the other deaths.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 09:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Within the context of "was slavery beneficial for the slaves?"...no.  

Saying the "useful" Jews survived is slightly more than unacceptable and I'm not sure how anyone "reads" it as anything else then downplaying the other deaths.

Because that is how you are choosing to read it.  As to "was slavery beneficial for the slaves?", to answer that one, one has to ponder weather their modern day descendants are better off in America where they have the opportunity to prosper, or if they would have been better off back in Africa with their native tribes.  Don't forget, English people didn't invade Africa and capture slaves, they were conquered by domineering tribes and sold to the highest bidders.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dr. Allen the co-author said Kamala lied yet the far left loonies in the forum disregard the author.
Very sad really
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 09:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Dr. Allen the co-author said Kamala lied yet the far left loonies in the forum disregard the author.
Very sad really

“Instruction includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.”

At no point, at all, did a slave ever develop a skill that they personally benefited from.

Or if that did ever happen it’s history that we don’t like that they’re going to teach. So that’s a good thing, I’ve just read.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 09:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because that is how you are choosing to read it.  As to "was slavery beneficial for the slaves?", to answer that one, one has to ponder weather their modern day descendants are better off in America where they have the opportunity to prosper, or if they would have been better off back in Africa with their native tribes.  Don't forget, English people didn't invade Africa and capture slaves, they were conquered by domineering tribes and sold to the highest bidders.

I'm listening to him, not reading it.

But hey I guess if another country takes you, your kids, and your grandkids, puts them in chains for 100 years or so and then treats them like 3rd class citizens for another 100 maybe we can find a couple that did well and say they were "better off"?

Don't forget white people were more than happy to buy black people and make them slaves.  

To that point though I wonder if we should consider more immigration to give these people a chance to be "better off".

Anything that puts a positive spin on slavery or the holocaust is wrong.  That really shouldn't be something anyone would argue about.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 09:50 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: “Instruction includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.”

At no point, at all, did a slave ever develop a skill that they personally benefited from.

Or if that did ever happen it’s history that we don’t like that they’re going to teach. So that’s a good thing, I’ve just read.

While being whipped, wearing chains, killed if the spoke up, raped, etc.

But hey, if a couple "benefitted" within 100 years of slavery we must teach that instead of how horrible it was.  Right?
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 09:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Dr. Allen the co-author said Kamala lied yet the far left loonies in the forum disregard the author.
Very sad really

Get out!  The person who wants to teach that slavery ended up being beneficial for the slaves (as is in the curriculum) says everyone else is lying?

Weird.

What did Jesse Watters say?
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: While being whipped, wearing chains, killed if the spoke up, raped, etc.

But hey, if a couple "benefitted" within 100 years of slavery we must teach that instead of how horrible it was.  Right?

It’s gonna take a big pair of pliers to get the hook you swallowed dislodged from your throat.
Reply/Quote