Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Florida Stand your Ground law revision passes committee
(10-21-2015, 06:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree.  If true, this is basically a license to kill.  All I would need to do is claim I feared for my life.  How does a prosecutor prove I wasn't feeling fear?  In many cases, the only other witness is dead so they sure aren't testifying against me.

Lucie should be very, very afraid of his "wife."

Na. I like the additional protection for citizens. But this could be taken advantage of as well. But I suppose in those cars the prosecutor and police are to find out.

She doesn't like handling guns. Actually she is pretty anti her using or carrying a gun.
(10-21-2015, 06:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree.  If true, this is basically a license to kill.  All I would need to do is claim I feared for my life.  How does a prosecutor prove I wasn't feeling fear?  In many cases, the only other witness is dead so they sure aren't testifying against me.
This law turns us all into cops in the eyes of the court?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-21-2015, 06:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Na.  I like the additional protection for citizens.  But this could be taken advantage of as well.   But I suppose in those cars the prosecutor and police are to find out.  

There are only two people who know for sure what happened between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin and one of them is dead and didn't testify.

Quote:She doesn't like handling guns.   Actually she is pretty anti her using or carrying a gun.
That's just what she wants witnesses to say at the trial.  She's probably secretly documenting every little bump and bruise she gets with her cellphone camera.  Watch Gone Girl and be afraid.  Be very, very afraid.
(10-21-2015, 03:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Correct TM had every right to beat him up.  The problem was when GZ was trying to tap out and end the fight..... TM was trying to finish him.    This isn't mortal komat.   Had TM gotten up then and told him to leave him alone or he would get more, he would be alive today.

The problem is that you're assuming Zimmerman gave an accurate account of the events. Which is understandable, since he killed the other witness.
(10-21-2015, 07:54 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: The problem is that you're assuming Zimmerman gave an accurate account of the events. Which is understandable, since he killed the other witness.

Well according to you we should assume everyone who speaks is telling a lie.

The girlfriend who was on the phone with TM backs up the story enough.
(10-21-2015, 07:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There are only two people who know for sure what happened between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin and one of them is dead and didn't testify.

That's just what she wants witnesses to say at the trial.  She's probably secretly documenting every little bump and bruise she gets with her cellphone camera.  Watch Gone Girl and be afraid.  Be very, very afraid.

Haha