Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluker to NYG
Becoming bitterly clear to me that we really are done in FA
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is this seriously a thread? LOL

The poor mods.
Reply/Quote
Fluker was a guy a lot of us thought the Bengals might pursue. Why is this thread such an abomination?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 01:59 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Fluker was a guy a lot of us thought the Bengals might pursue. Why is this thread such an abomination?

Abomination is jumping the shark.

It's just funny how people want to create so many redundant threads this time of year. This one made me laugh particularly because of the lack of substance. It's nothing personal a lot of people seem to do that.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bengals-have-shown-interest-in-DJ-Fluker&highlight=fluker

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Who-s-in-the-scrap-heap&highlight=fluker

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Keeping-Our-Guard-Up&highlight=fluker
Reply/Quote
They've pretty much made it clear that they fully intend on going into 2018 with Cedric starting at LT, and Johnson or Westerman filling the RG spot. We drafted two tackles two years ago, might as well give them the shot. I don't think we plan on being competitive at all next year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Somebody said that Jim O said...

We had no interest in Fluker.

So there it is.

We should still look at bringing in Andre and Mangold though. I don't think FA is over.

Cut Adam and Maualuga and bring in these guys.

Draft Foster, we already signed Kirkpatrick.
Reply/Quote
I think the overall point to this thread is that it looks like we're done with FA.

I'd say that's probably correct...for now.

I think we're pretty much done until the draft. No external FA additions for now. We might add a couple bottom rung guys that get released later on.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 01:54 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Becoming bitterly clear to me that we really are done in FA

Nah, we'll wait until some scrap heap guy gets so hungry that he'll accept anything, then we make our move.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 03:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the overall point to this thread is that it looks like we're done with FA.

I'd say that's probably correct...for now.

I think we're pretty much done until the draft. No external FA additions for now. We might add a couple bottom rung guys that get released later on.

Well that sucks.

Kirkpatrick, Lafell and Winston, very underwhelming.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Somebody said that Jim O said...

We had no interest in Fluker.

Of course they had no interest in Fluker, he would have cost an at least fair contract, let alone the fact that he's actually talented, which would only cost more to retain later...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've been studying the free agent tackles who are still available and Austin Pazstor from Cleveland might be the best bang for the buck followed by Breno Giacomini who was so amazing in Seattle. Taking a flyer on Sebastian Vollmer would be nice if only to steal some blocking secrets from the best line in the game.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 05:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I've been studying the free agent tackles who are still available and Austin Pazstor from Cleveland might be the best bang for the buck followed by Breno Giacomini who was so amazing in Seattle.  Taking a flyer on Sebastian Vollmer would be nice if only to steal some blocking secrets from the best line in the game.

Well the problem with bringing in Vollmer would be that after a long and exhausting debriefing, he would have to undergo a tedious reprogramming, to only recognize information he's learned since first hearing the sound of Paul Alexander's voice, all while Paul plays his rendition of Marche Fundebre, subtly in the background.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wish I could rep this post Avogadro's Number of times simply for the Marche Funebre reference alone!

There is a method to my madness of wanting to take a serious look at Sebastian Vollmer: He's not a long term solution as a player but as a coach he's probably the man for the job. He's learned from the best, Dante Scarnecchia, and if he could help train up Jake Fisher and Cedric Ogbuehi the right way, well, there's our long term offensive line solution. It's the next best thing to landing Scarnecchia himself.
Reply/Quote