Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Focus On Rams, Not Senior Bowl
Over the years the Bengals had a small group of scouts compared to other teams. Bengals would send their Head Coach and Coaches to the Senior Bowl. This is OK in a normal year. However Bengals are in The SUPER BOWL. The Bengals Head Coach and Coaches should remain With The Team We Have preparing for The Super Bowl, not running off to Alabama to look at college players who most will go to other teams.

Now if Bengals send people who have nothing to do with getting ready for The Rams, that is fine. Just don't take the Coaches away from Bengals Players in such a crucial time before Super Bowl.

Just as no Bengals will be in meaningless Pro Bowl this week, No Coaches should be off watching how college guys practice in Alabama Senior Bowl. Their place is Here with the Bengals Players and This Team getting ready for Super Bowl.

I post this because you wouldn't think Bengals Owners would still order Bengals coaches to go to this Senior Bowl, or at least you would hope not. The Senior Bowl is a good place for losing teams to be, not teams going to The Super Bowl.

If Bengals send Tobin and Paul Brown Jr and some others to Senior Bowl, Fine. Just don't take Coach Taylor or his Staff away from Cool Joe and the rest of the Bengals players getting ready. Bengals have NEVER won a Super Bowl. Bengals are one win away from changing that.

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Do they seriously have the Senior Bowl before the Super Bowl? That is dumb. Should def. be after to be fair to everyone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gonna be a very long night on draft night lol. Won’t be picking until like midnight.
Reply/Quote
There will be plenty of raw footage for the Bengals coaches to review in the offseason.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I've always been a draft diehard. Part of it's naturally due to the fact that we've never played in February. It's so weird right now to not be following McShay, Kiper, Brugler, et al. and the scene in Mobile. (I never thought I'd live to say that Hilarious )

But I should hope the Bengals have someone there! Whether Tobin, Potts, Trey B or whoever else... they prepare all year for this. It's their job. Not to mention it's fun as hell. That said, next week will be a different story. The Super Bowl's a unique opportunity and everyone in the organization should be allowed to enjoy the festivities.

In short, I think there's room for both.
Reply/Quote
In answer to one, they have the Senior Bowl and Pro Bowl in the off week before Super Bowl to fill in the gap of the 2 week wait for Super Bowl. It keeps some football going while people wait for The Main Event : THE SUPER BOWL.

To another, I agree there will be plenty of Senior Bowl footage and data for Coach Taylor to look at later. Plus there will be Combines and Such.

To another, there is very little room for both. Coach Taylor and his Staff can not be at The Senior Bowl all week, and be in Cincinnati with his AFC Championship Team getting ready for The SUPER BOWL. So sending Coach Taylor or any of the coaches should be OUT. This year just send Tobin and whoever. Do not send any coaches, they need to stay with the team this year.

Again, you can go to the Senior Bowl every year. You can not go to the Super Bowl every year. Yes, send Tobin and some non coaches to the Senior Bowl, but let these Coaches and Players get ready for The Super Bowl. Bengals have never won a Super Bowl. They have a 50/50 chance of bringing The Lombardi Trophy to Cincinnati.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm quite sure Taylor and his coaches have one singular thing in mind right now, and that's the Super Bowl. Tobin and his whole scouting dept. can go to the Senior Bowl, they have nothing else to do. While it would be nice for the coaches to go and see the player in person, video will do just fine this year.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 12:54 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Do they seriously have the Senior Bowl before the Super Bowl? That is dumb. Should def. be after to be fair to everyone.

Isn't the Senior Bowl an NCAA event not an NFL event? Therefore, I don't think the NCAA gives a damn. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:05 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Isn't the Senior Bowl an NCAA event not an NFL event? Therefore, I don't think the NCAA gives a damn. lol

I'm pretty sure they have NFL coaches coaching the event. I'm also pretty sure that the seniors playing in it are entering the NFL draft.

I don't understand how anyone could view it as a non-NFL event. Think about how many NFL scouts and coaches attend the event. I debated even responding to your post as I can't make any sense of it.
Reply/Quote
We'll be picking late so it would do us well to scout these games, the coaches should focus on the SB yeah but our scouting staff should go.
Reply/Quote
I am sure the coaches are focused on the Rams and Duke & friends are focused on the draft/Senior Bowl.
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine it's a distraction at all to the guys prepping for the big game. But it is wild to not have paid one ounce of attention to the game this year. I forgot it was even happening!
Reply/Quote