Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus on the positives
1. Jamarr Chase all rookie , season, playoffs , and team record he already has after year 1.
2 Tee Higgins tying Dan Ross SB touchdown team record
3 Jesse Bates once playoffs started he started playing like an all pro safety once again
4 Tre Hendrickson You can count on him for a tleast 1 sack a game
5 Logan Wilson becoming a top 10 LB before our very eyes
6 DJ Reader doing what he does best maybe best run stuffing DT in football
7 Evan Mcphereson anyone been more clutch than this guy?
8 Lou Anarumo A blessing we get 1 more season of him at least. Has defense playing at a elite level.
9 Team record 15+ points in 21 consecutive games
10 Joe Burrow comeback player of the year will only get better
Reply/Quote
Lots of good stuff on that list.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:44 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1. Jamarr Chase all rookie , season, playoffs , and team record he already has after year 1.
2 Tee Higgins tying Dan Ross SB touchdown team record
3 Jesse Bates once playoffs started he started playing like an all pro safety once again
4 Tre Hendrickson You can count on him for a tleast 1 sack a game
5 Logan Wilson becoming a top 10 LB before our very eyes
6 DJ Reader doing what he does best maybe best run stuffing DT in football
7 Evan Mcphereson anyone been more clutch than this guy?
8 Lou Anarumo A blessing we get 1 more season of him at least. Has defense playing at a elite level.
9 Team record 15+ points in 21 consecutive games
10 Joe Burrow comeback player of the year will only get better

Time to add Zac Taylor got an extension which means our AFC Champion head coach stays with the organization.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:01 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Time to add Zac Taylor got an extension which means our AFC Champion head coach stays with the organization.

I'm not sold on Taylor don't necessarily view that as a positive. I like him better than Marvin, I compare it to I prefer to drink Milwaukee best Ice compared to old english.
Reply/Quote
I'll add a few.

Defense:
Hilton may be one of the best nickel cbs in the league.
Von Bell played very well this year.
Awuzie saved our butts with his play.
Pratt may be the most improved player on the team.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:18 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm not sold on Taylor don't necessarily view that as a positive. I like him better than Marvin, I compare it to I prefer to drink Milwaukee best Ice compared to old english.

What more do you want? The guy just made it to a Super Bowl handicapped with a bad Oline... This guy is gonna be a top 5 coach soon....
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:34 PM)Tony Wrote: What more do you want? The guy just made it to a Super Bowl handicapped with a bad Oline... This guy is gonna be a top 5 coach soon....

You do realize we have a generational WR and QB along with a top 5 defense and clutch kicker. You don't think Belichick or Payton could have masked it more effectively? 13 -8 with 3 playoff wins doesn't erase first 2 seasons. Yes he broke the 33 year drought lots of borderline bad coaches reached 1 SB. We could be a dynasty or we could win only 10 games next 2 seasons it's about perspective.
Reply/Quote
I feel like in free agency and the draft, they're acquiring guys that fit the system.

Under Marvin, we'd draft a highly rated CB that may have played man-to-man and then use them in a zone scheme and they'd flop. I feel like the free agents they added in the secondary fit the scheme.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You do realize we have a generational WR and QB along with a top 5 defense and clutch kicker. You don't think Belichick or Payton could have masked it more effectively? 13 -8 with 3 playoff wins doesn't erase first 2 seasons. Yes he broke the 33 year drought lots of borderline bad coaches reached 1 SB. We could be a dynasty or we could win only 10 games next 2 seasons it's about perspective.

I think we will see just how good Zac is as a play caller with a good oline.

I think we will truly see how good Zac is as a coach when we lose Lou - his impact this year has been tremendous.  
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think we will see just how good Zac is as a play caller with a good oline.

I think we will truly see how good Zac is as a coach when we lose Lou - his impact this year has been tremendous.  

I think I agree with that all.

That said, if you do something for 3 years...you should get better at it. And that includes playcalling. He should know what works. And what doesn't.

Honestly, the offense seemed to struggle when they went conservative and thrive when they threw deep more.
Reply/Quote
I think giving the game balls to local businesses is really cool. A great idea!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think I agree with that all.

That said, if you do something for 3 years...you should get better at it. And that includes playcalling. He should know what works. And what doesn't.

Honestly, the offense seemed to struggle when they went conservative and thrive when they threw deep more.

Im not sure any can make the case that Zac doesnt tighten up in key situations.  Packers, Niners, Rams games all come to my mind immediately.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You do realize we have a generational WR and QB along with a top 5 defense and clutch kicker. You don't think Belichick or Payton could have masked it more effectively? 13 -8 with 3 playoff wins doesn't erase first 2 seasons. Yes he broke the 33 year drought lots of borderline bad coaches reached 1 SB. We could be a dynasty or we could win only 10 games next 2 seasons it's about perspective.

I get where you're coming from, I do. But you can't really hold him accountable for the loses and then deny him in credit for the wins.

He inherited a BAD team that had been on a steep downhill slope from 2015 on. I believe that team was worse than many (including me) thought. He's rebuilt this team into a winner with mostly high character players. This team believes in what he's selling.

I have to give him a good bit of credit for that. Am I saying he's the next hoodie ? no But I'm willing to let him continue rolling the dice.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I get where you're coming from, I do. But you can't really hold him accountable for the loses and then deny him in credit for the wins.

He inherited a BAD team that had been on a steep downhill slope from 2015 on. I believe that team was worse than many (including me) thought. He's rebuilt this team into a winner with mostly high character players. This team believes in what he's selling.

I have to give him a good bit of credit for that. Am I saying he's the next hoodie ? no But I'm willing to let him continue rolling the dice.

My favorite is when people are like 'Zac brought in these free agents...and names a list.' (And the list is impressive of who we signed.)

Then, people are like 'Zac's calls can't work with a line this bad!' (Seemingly negating the fact that they think he's responsible for personnel.)

Personally, I think he has input, but MANY MANY factors go into personnel. Like Hendrickson - The contract he signed had a clause in it where the team could get rid of him after 1 year because they thought what he did with the Saints may have been a 1 year wonder. I feel like no one with the team knew he'd play this good.

Vonn Bell - Nice signing. Seems we waited and saw value in him. Didn't aggressively target him early. Turned out to be a good signing.

Sometimes it takes some luck and good circumstances.
Reply/Quote
In the last 10 years, the Steelers won a total of 3 playoff games. We won 3 of those last month.

Two seasons ago we were 2-14.
Last season we went 4-11-1.
This season we went to the Super Bowl.
Imagine what next season will bring....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote