Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great OLine and Clutch TE?
(02-05-2018, 04:18 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sign that FA Center from Baltimore...it is like a second chance at Alex Mack that Atlanta took and transformed their line.  

Release Jones, MJ, and Lafell and then you also wouldn't have to pay Bodine.  This is the FA they need to get if they are serious about winning.  
That would make way to much sense...
Reply/Quote
Heck, I notice clutch QB is pretty important, but you're most likely onto something with that TE slant.

As to the oline protecting the QBs: Brady and the Eagles QBs were pressured and sacked plenty this past year. One thing I did notice is that they don't tuck and run into the pressure at the first sign of it. They stand tall in the collapsing pocket, keeping their eyes down field. looking to make a play.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All great points, but it also helps to have a QB willing to stand in there, scan the field and play smart yet fearless at the same time. Foles played his ass off, if I was Philly he's my starter for the first 8 games while my franchise QB heals properly.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 10:09 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I am hopeful that we can sign Eifert to a prove it deal. When he's healthy, he's right up there with Gronk in terms of lethality as a TE. And, considering we never sign good outside free agents anyway, we may as well attempt to keep our good players.

Then we can go OL heavy in the draft, hopefully Ross develops and we may end up with a similarly structured team going into 2019 or so (maybe even 2018 if we have fast developing players out of the draft).

Good job bringing the thread back to what the OP wanted. We need to bring back Eifert if he can play again, he is that
big of a gamechanger and when healthy is better than Ertz and is a better route runner than Gronk. We draft a Center
early and add a LT in either FA or early like McGlinchey and we are on our way.

(02-05-2018, 10:46 AM)lone bengal Wrote: The big things that the Eagles have that the Bengals don't are
1. A aggressive and creative head coach who keeps the pressure on the other team by not playing conservative and letting up when he has a lead
2. Great offensive line with a great center and tackle
3. A play making safety in Jenkins
4. Using free agency to get better, Blount, Long, Jenkins, Smith, trading for Timmy Jernigan and Jay Ajayi  ect.

I feel like the Bengals have more talent on defense than the Eagles.  Atkins is similar to Cox and we have guys like Dunlap and Lawson who can rush the qb like the Eagles line can.  Burfict is better than their LB's but he's often hurt or suspended, William Jackson III is probably better then all their CB's but Jenkins is way better than our safeties.  We have to fix the line so are D isn't on the field all the time and also be better against the run.  The Bengals should take notice of how a good center like Kelce can impact a game vs trying to resign one of the worst centers in the game in Bodine.

Great post, so true about the difference between Marv and Pederson. Another world coaching wise, complete opposites.

We need to use FA this year if we really want to win, this will tell all. We can have a great draft but it won't matter as no
matter how good of a draft it is, proven players always win out over a rookie, unless it is RB's honestly.

Takes time with every other position to get acclimated. But i do think if we drafted McGlinchey and Ragnow/Price/Daniels
they would be automatic upgrades regardless.
Reply/Quote