McCarron
17.24%
5 17.24%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Foles vs McCarron
(01-22-2018, 07:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bortles played a great game yesterday. What on Earth are you basing the suggestion that Dalton would have played better on? His 4 playoff choke jobs?

Bortles poor play in the regualr season cost his team home field against the Pats, but as I have stated just my opinion based on AD's play since 2015. I think AD continues to get better and was good already.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 03:10 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: McCarron should have beat the Steelers in his first playoff game. Unfortunately, the hit on Brown caused the loss. Foles looked good yesterday and hit on all cylinders. Both QB's could be traded this offseason. I still think Cleveland needs to consider a seasoned starter at QB. Maybe the Eagles trade Carson Wentz for pick 1 or 4 to Cleveland. Wentz may object to going to the black hole though.

I'm going with the Hill fumble.....then in typical Merv led Bungal fashion, it snowballed from there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've heard this "AJM has no trade value" somewhere before and it was proven wrong; I just cannot remember where I heard it.

As to the OP: I'd take Foles over AJM. Dude looked legit yesterday and Philly now has a good problem.

From Jim O's post on here?

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 10:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is just my opinion based on how he has played since 2015 in the regular season. I know many in here think AD is garbage, I think he is much better than Bortles and Keenum and others starting in the NFL. I think AD on Jags this year would have meant a Super Bowl teaming with their suffocating defense and running game. But again, just an opinion.

Bortles may be starting to come around, time will tell.....I'm not sure on Keenum at this point.  The Eagles have a good defense, but that was a bad game, and really, he showed cracks against NO.  His season may have been a flash in the pan.

Reply/Quote
Bortles looked good because he played within a system that worked off the run game. Almost everything was either play action or a shallow crossing route.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 12:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bortles looked good because he played within a system that worked off the run game.  Almost everything was either play action or a shallow crossing route.

Good point.  A good run game does wonders.

Reply/Quote
Injuries, not scouts or coaches, find the best QBs.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 07:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Drew Brees - Staying in New Orleans
Kirk Cousins- Biggest free agent out there will be expensive
Jimmy G- Franchise tag
Case Keenum- Franchise Tag
Sam Bradford- top Backup money bridge starter to do injury history
Josh Mckown- Back up/ Bridge starter maybe
Alex Smith- 1st and 3rd
Tyrod Taylor- Backup/ Fringe starter
Jacoby- he has two years left on contract staying put unless great deal happens.

Agree almost entirely, but I don't see Alex Smith getting a 1st and 3rd when he's 34 years old. 

(01-22-2018, 10:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If he's still under contract for next year, it would allow them to dangle him for a nice booty. Providing he does really well in the SB, they need to play their cards right and make sure someone else gets Flacco'd, and not them. 

That would be the smart move, and I think the fans would understand, but who knows how they'd feel after a SB MVP performance and historical playoff run from Foles. We'll see. It's interesting to think about. It's really tough for me to imagine them moving away from Wentz though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree almost entirely, but I don't see Alex Smith getting a 1st and 3rd when he's 34 years old. 

That would be the smart move, and I think the fans would understand, but who knows how they'd feel after a SB MVP performance and historical playoff run from Foles. We'll see. It's interesting to think about. It's really tough for me to imagine them moving away from Wentz though.

If they do, I'd certainly take Wentz off their hands......

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: If they do, I'd certainly take Wentz off their hands......

Well same here. Just don't expect any playoff wins til you-know-who is gone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well same here. Just don't expect any playoff wins til you-know-who is gone.

Ebenezer?
Marvin?
Andy?

Don’t leave me in suspense bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:36 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Ebenezer?
Marvin?
Andy?

Don’t leave me in suspense bro

Ebenezer isn't going anywhere and will live forever.
Wentz would be replacing Andy.

Kinda narrows it down.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ebenezer isn't going anywhere and will live forever.

That first sentence crushed my soul. Bastid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 10:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm going with the Hill fumble.....then in typical Merv led Bungal fashion, it snowballed from there.

Meh, maybe if McCarron plays more than 1 quarter of competent football that fumble doesn't ruin our entire franchise and blah blah blah.  Team game, and all that.  I will say McCarron SHOULD have won that game, but it would be a game McCarron won despite playing like meh. Brady's RB lost a fumble in that Jags game and for some reason it didn't destroy their entire season.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ebenezer isn't going anywhere and will live forever.

Marvin won a Super Bowl ring without Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 12:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bortles looked good because he played within a system that worked off the run game.  Almost everything was either play action or a shallow crossing route.

Yep, and the two big throws he had to make, he couldn't. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin won a Super Bowl ring without Mike Brown.

True. It's amazing what Hall of Fame players can do for a coach (and the perception of him).

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 04:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. It's amazing what Hall of Fame players can do for a coach (and the perception of him).

Right. I'm sure having one of the best LBs and best safeties ever certainly helped. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 04:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. It's amazing what Hall of Fame players can do for a coach (and the perception of him).

Yep.  Just look at Belichick.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, maybe if McCarron plays more than 1 quarter of competent football that fumble doesn't ruin our entire franchise and blah blah blah.  Team game, and all that.  I will say McCarron SHOULD have won that game, but it would be a game McCarron won despite playing like meh.  Brady's RB lost a fumble in that Jags game and for some reason it didn't destroy their entire season.

We Might not want to compare McCarron to Brady.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote