Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food (and other) mysteries
What do eggs taste like?

As I ate my eggs this morning it dawned on me that while damn near everyone would recognize the taste of an unseasoned egg in a blind taste test, if asked to describe the taste of the egg folks could probably only offer, "It tastes like an egg."

It tastes like chicken is a well worn cliche', but this got me wondering. What other unanswerable questions do you all have about food or other matters?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
"It tastes like shit" is also a popular cliche. Someone, somewhere knows the accuracy of this statement. However, "it tastes like fish" is one you hear often that many can relate too. Yes, I'm talking about eating FOOD. Get your mind out of the gutter. Mmm.... There's another popular cliche. However we're staying on topic.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 10:30 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: "It tastes like shit" is also a popular cliche. Someone, somewhere knows the accuracy of this statement. However, "it tastes like fish" is one you hear often that many can relate too. Yes, I'm talking about eating FOOD. Get your mind out of the gutter. Mmm.... There's another popular cliche. However we're staying on topic.

Definitely some people know the accuracy of it tastes like shit. Those in the know include astronauts and mental patients. Since taste and smell are so closely related though, if someone who is a non-astronaut and non-mental patient says something tastes like shit I give them the benefit of the doubt since they certainly know what shit smells like.

I hadn't thought about fish, but that is another good one. What does fish taste like? And what does it mean to say fish has a "fishy" taste? Should it have a "chickeny" taste? A vanilla taste?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote