Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pete Prisco interview
Apologies if this has already been posted.

Just watched this video of Pete Prisco being interview by Bengals.com

Pete states that he has spoken to Joe and that Joe wants to play for the Bengals, I'm really looking forward to seeing the boy in the stripes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOAxYc6Ox1U
Reply/Quote
Prisco is the closest thing we have to a homer in the national media. He's always been pretty favorable towards us.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Refreshing to hear a non-doom and gloom take.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Pete stood up for the Bengals when everyone like Patrick and PFT were talking trash about the team. Good guy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Hmmm... when asked what the Bengals had going for them the first thing he mentions is Taylor. Eh hmmm…… Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 10:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hmmm... when asked what the Bengals had going for them the first thing he mentions is Taylor. Eh hmmm……  Wink

There have been quite a few people in the NFL that have said so pretty good things about Taylor, "bright mind, good organizer and motivator". Whether or not he does it here or not remains to be seen. Remember Belicheck failed in Cleveland before finding an organization that let him build his team. 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 11:03 AM)sandwedge Wrote: There have been quite a few people in the NFL that have said so pretty good things about Taylor, "bright mind, good organizer and motivator". Whether or not he does it here or not remains to be seen. Remember Belicheck failed in Cleveland before finding an organization that let him build his team. 

I've said numerous times I feel like he is going to turn into a great coach, and lot's of people are going to be eating crow....
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 10:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hmmm... when asked what the Bengals had going for them the first thing he mentions is Taylor. Eh hmmm……  Wink

I will say this...that team, decimated by injuries, going on a 3 game dive with Finley, never stopped playing hard.  They seemed genuinely happy for him when they beat the Jets.  I am far from making up my mind on him after one season that was not set up for success.  I would have gone 0-16 to get Burrow.  
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 11:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've said numerous times I feel like he is going to turn into a great coach, and lot's of people are going to be eating crow....

I wanna eat crow in regards to Taylor. I think it would help if he delegated a bit more on offense.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 11:03 AM)sandwedge Wrote: There have been quite a few people in the NFL that have said so pretty good things about Taylor, "bright mind, good organizer and motivator". Whether or not he does it here or not remains to be seen. Remember Belicheck failed in Cleveland before finding an organization that let him build his team. 

I still think he could end up being a decent coach, but I saw nothing from him to give me hope as a play caller.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 11:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will say this...that team, decimated by injuries, going on a 3 game dive with Finley, never stopped playing hard.  They seemed genuinely happy for him when they beat the Jets.  I am far from making up my mind on him after one season that was not set up for success.  I would have gone 0-16 to get Burrow.  

Agree

(03-01-2020, 11:45 AM)jason Wrote: I wanna eat crow in regards to Taylor. I think it would help if he delegated a bit more on offense.

Me too

(03-01-2020, 11:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still think he could end up being a decent coach, but I saw nothing from him to give me hope as a play caller.

Yep, that's the thing. We've been thru the laundry list of excuses 10 dozen times and there's merit to them, ta a degree. But you can't blame everything on the Oline ! There were many times in many games the playcalling was just bad in and of itself.

Hopefully he's learned and Burrow will boost the playcalling with his input/ability ?
Reply/Quote
In an ego driven league even hearing the term "selfless" seems almost like pandering. Often it's exactly that, pandering.
We'll see as the season unfolds..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Prisco is a likeable fella. Sure hope he is right. I know that Burrow should make Zac's job easier but man does Zac need
to get better at play calling or hand those duties over to someone else. I agree with Prisco on our players, we have lots
of good ones and Burrow should do well here with the weapons we have.

Re-sign Dennard and Billings for the Defense and add a LB in FA and that side of the ball should be muchly improved.

We are good on ST's, so that is one phase that doesn't need to be addressed until the 7th as Simmons will do.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 12:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

Me too

Yep, that's the thing. We've been thru the laundry list of excuses 10 dozen times and there's merit to them, ta a degree. But you can't blame everything on the Oline ! There were many times in many games the playcalling was just bad in and of itself.

Hopefully he's learned and Burrow will boost the playcalling with his input/ability ?

I don't disagree that he needs to give the play calling to the OC and focus on being the Head Coach. I think he will. He seems like he is learning from his mistakes. Holding the locker room and keeping them buying in through last years disaster shows me he has what it takes to be HC.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 11:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've said numerous times I feel like he is going to turn into a great coach, and lot's of people are going to be eating crow....

Personally, I'm still eating my "ZT has gotta be better than Marvin!" crow from 2019.  As it is I'm going to remain optimistic but I'm not believing in ZT until he starts winning.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 11:45 AM)jason Wrote: I wanna eat crow in regards to Taylor. I think it would help if he delegated a bit more on offense.

I totally agree with that.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 07:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't disagree that he needs to give the play calling to the OC and focus on being the Head Coach. I think he will. He seems like he is learning from his mistakes. Holding the locker room and keeping them buying in through last years disaster shows me he has what it takes to be HC.

If Taylor does hand over the play calling to Callahan it would be a huge sign to me he could be a good coach.

Brian Callahan seems like a really smart dude listening to him speak. He worked with Peyton Manning in Denver and Stafford in
Detroit so he knows smart QB's and that should really help with Play Calling. Too much on Zac's plate last season, he needs to 
just concentrate on being the HC.
Reply/Quote