Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Fools gold"
todays game just opened the kimono to last weeks moral victory was nothing but fools gold. Simply pathetic...new coach and home opener. Worst OL line NFL...D looks as bad as last yr. This is officially now a rebuilding yr and nothing more
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: todays game just opened the kimono to last weeks moral victory was nothing but fools gold. Simply pathetic...new coach and home opener. Worst OL line NFL...D looks as bad as last yr. This is officially now a rebuilding yr and nothing more

[Image: m-boy.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely. I posted in another thread but the Cardinals were 3-13 last year and the Seahawks beat them by 3 twice. That's what Seattle does...they play close games.

They lost to a 4-12 49ers team last year and won another over them by I think 3.

There are no moral victories. You win or lose.

The 49ers was a game that you win if you want to make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Absolutely. I posted in another thread but the Cardinals were 3-13 last year and the Seahawks beat them by 3 twice. That's what Seattle does...they play close games.

They lost to a 4-12 49ers team last year and won another over them by I think 3.

There are no moral victories. You win or lose.

The 49ers was a game that you win if you want to make the playoffs.

There were reasons for some optimism after the Seattle game, just like there are reasons for concern after today's. We'll just have to see how things play out and see which game was more indicative of what this team truly is.
Reply/Quote
It's sad that even though Andy played pretty bad...he might have had the best performance on the team...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There were reasons for some optimism after the Seattle game, just like there are reasons for concern after today's. We'll just have to see how things play out and see which game was more indicitive of what this team truly is.

My guess is somewhere in the middle.

Our passing offense is above average to good. But, the offensive line gives up pressure and that can mess Dalton up. The running game is terrible. The run blocking is bad. IF you take away our big plays, we'll struggle to string together 10-12 play drives.

On defense, IF we focus on stopping the run, we can probably do it...but it will open the pass up. The 49ers obviously realized that misdirection would give us issues and did it over and over and over.

On both sides of the ball, I don't think we have some innovative scheme. After seeing them play twice, I can spot tendencies in the scheme. I'm underwhelmed.

But, you won't fool teams over and over. You need to actually fundamentally block and tackle. Which we failed at.
Reply/Quote
Not all of us bought into last weeks close loss! They didn’t address Oline of Lber and people still act surprised. It was pretty obvious!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My guess is somewhere in the middle.

Our passing offense is above average to good. But, the offensive line gives up pressure and that can mess Dalton up. The running game is terrible. The run blocking is bad. IF you take away our big plays, we'll struggle to string together 10-12 play drives.

On defense, IF we focus on stopping the run, we can probably do it...but it will open the pass up. The 49ers obviously realized that misdirection would give us issues and did it over and over and over.

On both sides of the ball, I don't think we have some innovative scheme. After seeing them play twice, I can spot tendencies in the scheme. I'm underwhelmed.

But, you won't fool teams over and over. You need to actually fundamentally block and tackle. Which we failed at.

Both lines were very hard to watch today. They just looked physically weak and overmatched, getting manhandled the entire game.

I have no idea what this team is yet, but I'm interested in seeing how they respond to this ass whipping today.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:14 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Not all of us bought into last weeks close loss! They didn’t address Oline of Lber and people still act surprised. It was pretty obvious!

Yes. Blatantly obvious...Atleast to any of us who weren't mesmerized by ZT during the honeymoon period.

Which was like a handful of us!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I have no idea what this team is yet, but I'm interested in seeing how they respond to this ass whipping today.

They responded to an encouraging loss on the road with an ultra-discouraging loss at home.  Next week we are on the road, so maybe an encouraging loss to the Bills?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Both lines were very hard to watch today. They just looked physically weak and overmatched, getting manhandled the entire game.

I have no idea what this team is yet, but I'm interested in seeing how they respond to this ass whipping today.

The overall playing speed differential between the two teams is what astounded me the most.  It seemed like SF was running at NFL speed and the Bengals were playing in slo-mo.  

The defense biting on the same backside play, like 15 times was hard to stomach.  

It's blatantly obvious that the OL is going to be hard to watch, all year long.  If they have any hopes of putting any sort of season together, they really need to consider making a trade for some OL, NOW.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well it was a fun week leading up to the game.

Back to the original expectation for this season: #1 overall pick.
Reply/Quote
The front office made zero impactful additions to a roster filled with glaring holes and are hoping scheme and hitting on every single draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well it was a fun week leading up to the game.

Back to the original expectation for this season: #1 overall pick.

Miami has had 2 home games so far and has been outscored 102-10.  I realize 0-2 is 0-2, but it's going to take some hard work to out-suck them.  
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Both lines were very hard to watch today. They just looked physically weak and overmatched, getting manhandled the entire game.

The Bills and Steelers games should be winnable too.

Gotta win both now. 0-4 or 1-3 won't cut it.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Miami has had 2 home games so far and has been outscored 102-10.  I realize 0-2 is 0-2, but it's going to take some hard work to out-suck them.  

Well, we can hope, right? :)

I have faith in this team.
Reply/Quote
So Preston Brown had 14 tackles. Vigil had 2. And Evans had 1. I only caught part of the 2nd half. But what I saw was when SF ran outside, seemed like no one was even there. Did we play a lot of 5/2 with Williams at LB?
Reply/Quote
Idea...can we just make a post-game complaint thread in jungle noise next time? I'm not even being a smart ass here, we have a number of "generic complaint" title threads going right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. Blatantly obvious...Atleast to any of us who weren't mesmerized by ZT during the honeymoon period.

Which was like a handful of us!

Having said that, they will win some games but this team isn’t as talented as most fans thought. The best players are now in the decline phase, that’s not good. There were glaring holes and the bandages didn’t hide those holes too well.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: todays game just opened the kimono to last weeks moral victory was nothing but fools gold. Simply pathetic...new coach and home opener. Worst OL line NFL...D looks as bad as last yr. This is officially now a rebuilding yr and nothing more

Zomg! you aren't A TRUE FAN! can banz the trollz pleaz! How dare act like we are a bad team! Haha
Reply/Quote