Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Gameplan's 2015 NFL Season Preview: Bengals
FBGP's 2015 Bengals Team Preview

Good evening Bengals fans! Here's my season preview for you guys. Good luck this year!

Em
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 06:34 PM)EmDiggy Wrote: FBGP's 2015 Bengals Team Preview

Good evening Bengals fans! Here's my season preview for you guys. Good luck this year!

Em
Love your work. Glad you found the new boards  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 06:34 PM)EmDiggy Wrote: FBGP's 2015 Bengals Team Preview

Em

Great work as usual.

It pleases me that the only thing that will hold back the team this year is themselves. If we can run it as well as/better than we did last year and if Dalton can throw for ~ 27-30 TD's again with <15 turnovers, the offense will be fine. Year 2 in Hue's system should yield fantastic results.

On defense, as long as Guenther's scheme can continue to progress, we should regain a top 5-10 standing (we were #3 in 2013 and top 5 down the stretch last year). The secondary just needs to keep up its solid play. The only thing that worries me on defense is the LB corps and the pass rush, as we are relying on guys coming back from injury and didn't bring in any elite players, but we should be all right there as well.

12-4 would be an optimistic prediction from me, and I think it's doable. The problem is our schedule and the rest of the division, so I think you can subtract 2 games just from that.

Deep down, I know the Bengals are always just around the corner from a total tanking the season (see 2008 and 2010), but there's a chance those days might be behind us (knocks on wood).

So I say we win 10 games +\- about 3 games. 13-3 is possible if everything goes absolutely right (unlikely) and I think worst case scenario (also unlikely) is 7 wins. Give me 10-6 with a division title (I'm not going to get into why I don't like Baltimore and Pittsburgh to run the table this year, too much to type out, lol).
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote