Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Gameplan's 2016 NFL Mock Draft - January
FBGP's 2016 NFL Mock Draft - January

Good afternoon Bengals fans! Here's my latest mock draft for January.

Enjoy!

Em
Reply/Quote
Good work again Em, always with some diverse opinions and flair.

It's been an unusual amount of time since we've added another Georgia product, but with how we wanted Chris Carter to get involved in nickel pass rushing situations, I sense we could be looking for smaller and diverse edge players. Floyd fits the bill.

You expect Henry to go in the first and ahead of Elliot in reality if both have equally good pre draft processes?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 06:04 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Good work again Em, always with some diverse opinions and flair.

It's been an unusual amount of time since we've added another Georgia product, but with how we wanted Chris Carter to get involved in nickel pass rushing situations, I sense we could be looking for smaller and diverse edge players. Floyd fits the bill.

You expect Henry to go in the first and ahead of Elliot in reality if both have equally good pre draft processes?

Personally I think playing Floyd on the edge would be a waste of his talents. Sure occasionally rush him but he also was able to run downfield with WR from the slot at times. But I would almost rather see if he can translate his raw athleticism into coverage skills. 
Reply/Quote
I prefer Jones,Smith, or Nkemdiche for Cincy if it fell the way you have it but solid work nonetheless.
Reply/Quote
Floyd will probably have a good combine. His athletic ability is excellent. Some of his year in review...

Leonard Floyd OLB 6'3 233 Georgia - Floyd lined up everywhere against South Carolina, but spent the most time at MLB. On the plus side, his athleticism stuck out regardless of where he played. On the down side, he only really looked comfortable when blitzing. Had a lack-luster game against Alabama. While his speed was on display, so was his inability to be stout against the run. When moved to inside LB, Henry flat-backed him on one run. Had an up ad down game against Tennessee. On the plus side, he was very quick off the edge, using his speed and athleticism to knife through traffic and blockers. On the flip side, he was a liability against the run at times, out-matched having to play the DE spot. Looked good against Florida as a rush DE, but was beat by power too often.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote